Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So now she is happy going to play at FGCU. Nothing wrong with that!
    Actually, she'll be playing for a top tier private school in the New England area.

Comment

tampa bay rocks

Comment

They need to focus on pure develoment at young ages, not winning. It's not about scoring goals when you are young, its it's about learning the game, how to see field, how to pass and play as a team, how to roll the ball out of the back and defend and pass, not boot it down the field and developing first touch. Realizing an assist is as good as a goal, not just getting the ball and putting your head down and taking on four players or turning the ball over to the other team or just jacking it out the back? It can be painful but it works for creating strong, solid players that.can dominate and play anywhere when they are older
        My family just moved to the Tampa Bay area and just this season put my two kids in a local club close to my home. So far, I see some of the points highlighted in your comment being implemented at our club, they are constantly having coaching education and the DOC is always available to answer questions. The new DOC told our parents at one of the meetings that player development is a priority as they implement the clubs curriculum and philosophy and that if any parent are here for winning at the young age groups, this is not the club for your child. He also told us that if parents want to coach kids on the sidelines and not allow the coach to coach the team, then the parent can take their kids and leave. I was glad to hear that but a couple of the parents don't agree with him because they feel that winning brings confidence to the players.

I came from a club that focused more on the wins than development but the older players either quits or struggle to win at the older age groups because they never developed. This is a small club and I am beginning to understand the Tampa Soccer Demographic and getting to know the big clubs but so far, we are happy at our club and I see a lot of positives and culture at the club. Kids are allowed to train with other teams and the directors are also training and working with coaches. We are loving playing soccer outdoors in the summer compared to where we moved from so this is a win win for us. Hopefully the club continues to stay with their philosophy.

Comment

My family just moved to the Tampa Bay area and just this season put my two kids in a local club close to my home. So far, I see some of the points highlighted in your comment being implemented at our club, they are constantly having coaching education and the DOC is always available to answer questions. The new DOC told our parents at one of the meetings that player development is a priority as they implement the clubs curriculum and philosophy and that if any parent are here for winning at the young age groups, this is not the club for your child. He also told us that if parents want to coach kids on the sidelines and not allow the coach to coach the team, then the parent can take their kids and leave. I was glad to hear that but a couple of the parents don't agree with him because they feel that winning brings confidence to the players.

I came from a club that focused more on the wins than development but the older players either quits or struggle to win at the older age groups because they never developed. This is a small club and I am beginning to understand the Tampa Soccer Demographic and getting to know the big clubs but so far, we are happy at our club and I see a lot of positives and culture at the club. Kids are allowed to train with other teams and the directors are also training and working with coaches. We are loving playing soccer outdoors in the summer compared to where we moved from so this is a win win for us. Hopefully the club continues to stay with their philosophy.
          Glad your experience has been positive and welcome to the Tampa By area. When Spring rolls around and the season is winding down you should check out Tampa Bay United. While it is a larger club it has a ton to offer if your child loves the game and wants access to all levels of play. Good luck!

Comment

Let YY run all of soccer in TB
            Make Tampa Soccer Great Again
            Great idea. Then Tampa will be on the map as the club that dominate Tophat ECNL and GDA teams. Put YY in charge.

Comment

Glad your experience has been positive and welcome to the Tampa By area. When Spring rolls around and the season is winding down you should check out Tampa Bay United. While it is a larger club it has a ton to offer if your child loves the game and wants access to all levels of play. Good luck!
              Don’t listen to the TBU kool-aid drinkers. Enjoy your club and be happy they are focusing on development. TBU only focuses on trophy hunting. And ugly uniforms.

Comment

Thank you for your recommendation. So far at this moment, my kids are always ready and looking forward to going to the park and are making new friends within the club. It truly makes a difference for us that they are happy and enjoying the experience. Not sure if a bigger club will do them any good at this moment. Even the director knows most of the players by name which is good to see that he pays attention to both the Red team and the White team. My kids are on both teams and are happy with their coaches as well. I heard TBU offers more higher leagues but I prefer my kids to learn, develop and enjoy the game while they are young.

My neighbors kids plays at TBU and both kids have two different experiences. One likes it and the other is looking to quit playing or wants to leave the club so it's hard to know why and I am sure this applies to every club. I just love the culture and environment that my family are enjoying at our club at the moment. Thanks again and have a great day

Comment

Thank you for your recommendation. So far at this moment, my kids are always ready and looking forward to going to the park and are making new friends within the club. It truly makes a difference for us that they are happy and enjoying the experience. Not sure if a bigger club will do them any good at this moment. Even the director knows most of the players by name which is good to see that he pays attention to both the Red team and the White team. My kids are on both teams and are happy with their coaches as well. I heard TBU offers more higher leagues but I prefer my kids to learn, develop and enjoy the game while they are young.

My neighbors kids plays at TBU and both kids have two different experiences. One likes it and the other is looking to quit playing or wants to leave the club so it's hard to know why and I am sure this applies to every club. I just love the culture and environment that my family are enjoying at our club at the moment. Thanks again and have a great day
                  I totally get the "...both kids have two different experiences." Our son drifted away from the sport at about 13 years old, nothing in particular wrong with the club or team, he just wanted to pursue swimming. Or daughter fell in the love with the game at about age 8 nd lives and breathes soccer 24/7 and will graduate H.S. this year and is committed to play in college.

Comment

May I ask, which club your kids are playing in? It sounds like WC as I heard that things over there are getting better and the new leadership are slowly and quietly changing the culture. My kids played there this weekend and I heard a lot of good stuff from the parents. Just curious

Comment

May I ask, which club your kids are playing in? It sounds like WC as I heard that things over there are getting better and the new leadership are slowly and quietly changing the culture. My kids played there this weekend and I heard a lot of good stuff from the parents. Just curious
                      Yes, both of my kids are playing here as we just moved from out of state to Wesley Chapel this past summer. We love it here and the club so far is a bonus for my kids and close to our home. I am sure there are other good clubs in the Tampa bay area. Merry Christmas to all

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X