Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Definitely not 100%, only about 70-80% turnover between U12-U14. Younger than that they could care less about your money-makes (I mean kids) and when they need to get serious and start winning, they just bring in outsiders and replace the kids that they had since YTL at U6.
    exactly. OW is a bunch of dbags. They put crappy coaches in place at ulittles (at least on girl's side) and they turnover the entire team after grabbing $$$ with huge rosters. You get what you deserve when you send your kid there

Comment

exactly. OW is a bunch of dbags. They put crappy coaches in place at ulittles (at least on girl's side) and they turnover the entire team after grabbing $$$ with huge rosters. You get what you deserve when you send your kid there
      That was my experience. They sloughed off over half my daughter's team at U14 and brought in kids who'd grown up playing at other clubs. We jumped ship for ECNL the next year (OW was NPL only at the time).

Comment

That was my experience. They sloughed off over half my daughter's team at U14 and brought in kids who'd grown up playing at other clubs. We jumped ship for ECNL the next year (OW was NPL only at the time).
        so your daughter left because she couldnt keep up with the level of play is what your saying. maybe alittle more effort or focus by your daughter in trainings to get better she could of stayed with the club.

just because you were at the club for several years doesnt mean they have to keep you. sounds like your daughter and YOU took it for granted. go get your participation trpphy at CFC!

Comment

so your daughter left because she couldnt keep up with the level of play is what your saying. maybe alittle more effort or focus by your daughter in trainings to get better she could of stayed with the club.

just because you were at the club for several years doesnt mean they have to keep you. sounds like your daughter and YOU took it for granted. go get your participation trpphy at CFC!
          ECNL was always better than OW's NPL. Always.

OW's NPL was always better than GDA. Always.

ECNL is always better than GDA. Always.

Comment

ECNL was always better than OW's NPL. Always.

OW's NPL was always better than GDA. Always.

ECNL is always better than GDA. Always.
            Veinless dogs are always better at OW. Always.

Comment

Definitely not 100%, only about 70-80% turnover between U12-U14. Younger than that they could care less about your money-makes (I mean kids) and when they need to get serious and start winning, they just bring in outsiders and replace the kids that they had since YTL at U6.
              On the boys side doesn't a high turnover make sense? Before official DA starts there are kids at OW that play all sports and might have basketball, football, baseball, etc., as there #1 sport and not soccer. With the rules and time commits of the DA I would think there would be some that leave. Also why wouldn't the better athletes surrounding OW but playing at other clubs be better than some of the less athletic kids at OW ulittle. Just because they get replaced when DA starts doesn't mean their soccer IQ isn't higher than it would have been had they developed at another club. They just don't have the athletic ability or desire to practice on own required for the team in DA.

To expect every current U11 player at OW to be on the team when they go DA (I guess U13 now) is very unrealistic no matter how good the training they get. Some kids just aren't as naturally gifted, some are there because of their parents and some like other sports better.

Comment

So, let's say OW's ulittle tryouts are competitive. You have to make the team. And, let's say that OW ulittles are generally better soccer players than their non-OW peers.

Then, it's a testament to OW's failure that OW cannot take these kids who already have a lead and build on that lead through development.

Instead, it's a testament to OW's failure that so many of these kids get replaced at U14-16 by kids who have learned the sport at other clubs.

Comment

Didn't go to CFC. Too far and roster too large.

Comment

So, let's say OW's ulittle tryouts are competitive. You have to make the team. And, let's say that OW ulittles are generally better soccer players than their non-OW peers.

Then, it's a testament to OW's failure that OW cannot take these kids who already have a lead and build on that lead through development.

Instead, it's a testament to OW's failure that so many of these kids get replaced at U14-16 by kids who have learned the sport at other clubs.
                    Imagine:

"My kid plays academy at OW."
                    "Oh. She must be good."
                    "Yes. Top 20 for her age group in the state."
                    "Excellent. When was the last time she played?"
                    "Tryouts last fall."

Comment

Imagine:

"My kid plays academy at OW."
                      "Oh. She must be good."
                      "Yes. Top 20 for her age group in the state."
                      "Excellent. When was the last time she played?"
                      "Tryouts last fall."
                      Very good at warming the bench and fetching water for the starters, I'd imagine. Great life skills.

Comment

The OW tryouts at Ulittles aren't full of all kids from all over CT trying to make the team I will guarantee you that. Have you ever been to one? I believe (but just my opinion) at ulittle most parents just take their kids to the closest good club.

Most of the kids at OW in Ulittle are from Glastonbury, Marbolorough, Colchester, etc. Very few come from more than 30 miles away.

Comment

Oakwood

should look up the DA rules for playing time.... might be a better use of your time and you might learn something

Comment

should look up the DA rules for playing time.... might be a better use of your time and you might learn something
                            I have observed that this is another academy rule that OW ignores.

Comment

By far the dumbest anti-OW argument ever on this forum. Clearly written by someone who knows squat about the game and youth sports of any kind.

Comment

The OW tryouts at Ulittles aren't full of all kids from all over CT trying to make the team I will guarantee you that. Have you ever been to one? I believe (but just my opinion) at ulittle most parents just take their kids to the closest good club.

Most of the kids at OW in Ulittle are from Glastonbury, Marbolorough, Colchester, etc. Very few come from more than 30 miles away.
                                Ow covers eastern CT to Norwich-ish, north to MA, south to the shore, and west maybe to Farmington for ulittles. Tryouts feature a lot of kids, and many go home without a spot on the team.

At U14-16, the geographic draw widens, but not by much. Certainly not by as much as you seem to think.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X