Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep burying your head in the sand and telling yourself how elite the academy is. At least with a roster of 11 your kid will get to play. Pretty good considering she was cut from her high school team.
    Just an FYI found this on Wikipedia. Parents aren't making false narratives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._S...opment_Academy

You are just having a tough time with reality. So be it.

Comment

They really ought to start over from scratch IMHO.

Allow high school and they will get better players. That’s a big impediment to drawing top players.

Lower the cost so you reduce that barrier. Get better players.

Get the best coaches and provide the best training program.

Work on relationships with local clubs. Right now most don’t recommend players.

It’s a decent idea but really needs some work.
      A re-think would be a very good idea.

Comment

1. If I run a good girls program, why would I refer my best players to another club. You need those good players to lift everyone else. Instead, I just up my game and try to run a better program. I think I can do a better job.

2. The players we know that did thorns academy did not like it. Training, organization, coaching, cost. If you want to attract top players you need to have the highest level program.
        Sorry the DA platform only accepts the best clubs and pro academies, hundreds of clubs apply each year and very few are selected each year. Oregon clubs have applied but didn't meet the criteria or standard yet set forth by US Soccer. Keep trying they say!

1. You would need to first get you club accepted into the DA. So what you think is clearly your own burden or special gift.

2. I know men who played on the 1st team of the Portland Timbers, they did not like it. The training, coaching and salary. They were let go. It's pro sports nobody cares if you don't like it. You're getting paid.

Comment

The best players don’t want the GDA

Thorns have girls that were cut from high school teams.

There are 5-10 high school teams that would rout the thorns.

Comment

Allow high school and they will get better players. That’s a big impediment to drawing top players.

Sensible ideas.

Comment

What pray tell are poor relations with the only pro club in Oregon? As a member of Oregon"s general population you either buy a ticket.to a game or do not. The men are always sold out and the women draw 3 to 5x the league avg.

This is where you went wrong. The "poor relations" are not with the Thorns first team. They are with the grifters running the academy, who:

Turned a decent RTC/ODP program into a neverending informercial for Thorns academy. Think on that for a minute. You paid money and invested yours and your kid's time going to trainings so the Thorns academy honks could get free advertising for their program.

Charged a tryout fee, violating academy rules.

Said no high school soccer. Then maybe high school soccer. Then no. Then in some cases yes. Now yes but you can't be officially rostered til after HS season over (like the keeper from Jesuit).

Violated academy rules about 4 trainings/week.

Promised a virtually free program which now costs upwards of 4k per year.

Lied about recruits and continue to lie by saying they have an alum playing at Stanford.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing. I don't know a single person who has "poor relations" with the Thorns first team. But I know plenty of people and coaches who wouldn't touch or recommend the academy with a 50 foot pole.

More good ideas.

Comment

More good ideas.
                The GDA in the Pacific NW is a lesser league BUT you still have to go get killed by the SoCal teams (where it is much stronger) every now and then so parents don't like that. They also don't have the proven track record of college commitments that the ECNL and OYSA clubs have so there is no real upside.

Comment

The best players in Oregon are in the DA, not all of them of course.

In the end even if the NWSL Thorns DA can get every single one of the very best females from Oregon's club slim pickens, guess what they will still remain fodder across the nation vs the actual elite DA programs.

Oregon Girls HS Soccer is so bad and shallow in talent that one decent Oregon HS with everyday run of the mill Oregon club players smokes the #2 ranked HS team by 9 goals. Not sure what your smoking or telling yourself but based on these type of ridiculous scorelines the HS shelf's are flat out bare of any elite talent in Oregon.

Being diluted seems to suit the local club marketplace at this time. Oh well. They claim it's their money, which is a fair point. Attracting uneducated and or poor consumers is not the club's fault. It's actually their gain $$$.

Comment

Girls Soccer in general is an after thought.Sorry to break the news.🚫

It's nearly unheard of that a professional club in the states would spend millions on a youth academy for girls. What a travesty it's funded and well run in Oregon.↗️

Average kids are built to like HS in the USA,, that's called design. 🏆

Nobody in Oregon is passing on US Nat team selection to instead play in HS.🍌

With the only barrier to entry for girls at local travel clubs being the ability to pay for airline seats 2 or 3 times a month,. it comes as no surprise that the make up of these teams is based ostensibly on parent income or the rationale we can afford to pay for useless club travel. Which is really just an byproduct or trickle down impact of title ix handouts in this college activity💰💰🏧

What pray tell are poor relations with the only pro club in Oregon? As a member of Oregon"s general population you either buy a ticket.to a game or do not. The men are always sold out and the women draw 3 to 5x the league avg.⚽️⚽️
                    Perspective and reality brought to the forum. It won't last.

Comment

That would be fun to see Sherwood lay a whopping on the thorns.

Comment

What pray tell are poor relations with the only pro club in Oregon? As a member of Oregon"s general population you either buy a ticket.to a game or do not. The men are always sold out and the women draw 3 to 5x the league avg.

This is where you went wrong. The "poor relations" are not with the Thorns first team. They are with the grifters running the academy, who:

Turned a decent RTC/ODP program into a neverending informercial for Thorns academy. Think on that for a minute. You paid money and invested yours and your kid's time going to trainings so the Thorns academy honks could get free advertising for their program.

Charged a tryout fee, violating academy rules.

Said no high school soccer. Then maybe high school soccer. Then no. Then in some cases yes. Now yes but you can't be officially rostered til after HS season over (like the keeper from Jesuit).

Violated academy rules about 4 trainings/week.

Promised a virtually free program which now costs upwards of 4k per year.

Lied about recruits and continue to lie by saying they have an alum playing at Stanford.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing. I don't know a single person who has "poor relations" with the Thorns first team. But I know plenty of people and coaches who wouldn't touch or recommend the academy with a 50 foot pole.
                        This is so well thought out.

Comment

You should get yourself some Addias sweat pants and apply to run the Thorns.

Comment

This is so well thought out.
                            That it doesn't require an author or fact checking.

Par for the course here.

Comment

You should get yourself some Addias sweat pants and apply to run the Thorns.
                              Actually stay at home in your briefs sitting on the computer keyboard.

Much more your skill set.

Comment

The best players in Oregon are in the DA, not all of them of course.

In the end even if the NWSL Thorns DA can get every single one of the very best females from Oregon's club slim pickens, guess what they will still remain fodder across the nation vs the actual elite DA programs.

Oregon Girls HS Soccer is so bad and shallow in talent that one decent Oregon HS with everyday run of the mill Oregon club players smokes the #2 ranked HS team by 9 goals. Not sure what your smoking or telling yourself but based on these type of ridiculous scorelines the HS shelf's are flat out bare of any elite talent in Oregon.

Being diluted seems to suit the local club marketplace at this time. Oh well. They claim it's their money, which is a fair point. Attracting uneducated and or poor consumers is not the club's fault. It's actually their gain $$$.
                                Truth Serum. Hate that stuff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X