Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, I know it isn't true. What part of "And just to be clear, that was sarcasm." don't you understand?
    Then why would you make a comment to the poster who wrote that Barca would probably be playing one of the bottom 4 teams?

Who is Barca playing in the friendly and when is the game?

Comment

Then why would you make a comment to the poster who wrote that Barca would probably be playing one of the bottom 4 teams?

Who is Barca playing in the friendly and when is the game?
      Simple. Naysayer's have been claiming that Barca's teams aren't "DA caliber", and that if they played a DA team that they would get destroyed. Now the argument has shifted to " well, they are playing bad DA teams"?

So which is it? Is the DA not as elite as people claim it is, or is Barca just that good?

Comment

Simple. Naysayer's have been claiming that Barca's teams aren't "DA caliber", and that if they played a DA team that they would get destroyed. Now the argument has shifted to " well, they are playing bad DA teams"?

So which is it? Is the DA not as elite as people claim it is, or is Barca just that good?
        Why not both?

Comment

You guys are really sensitive for some reason. It's not that they couldn't be in the DA. Any club can be in the DA. But If I had aspirations of being in the DA league then I wouldn't want to be a bottom half team. Any good EDP club can compete with any bottom half DA team. Barca should be able to compete against any bottom half DA team too.

My goal is to someday have my son play for a top DA team like Met Oval or NYSC or maybe even someday play for an MLS DA team like NYCFC.

But you never answered the question. Who did Barca play and what was the outcome?

Comment

BARCA play DA team

Ok so either BARCA did or did not play a 06 DA team this past weekend.

We can say for certain that they didn't play the following

NYCFC
            Met Oval
            Beachside
            NYSC

So.... .BARCA fans... did the 2006 boys play a 2006 DA team or not?

My guess is that they didn't. Because if they did, someone would say so.

Talk about DA envy..... ha

Comment

^ your first mistake would be believing what you read on TS as fact.

Comment

NYCFC
                Met Oval
                Beachside
                NYSC

Yes, they in fact did. Why are you so desperate to know? You obviously aren't a part of either team.

Comment

NYCFC
                  Met Oval
                  Beachside
                  NYSC

They did play a DA team, and the results were that Barca has nothing to be envious of.

Comment

U12 academy finished

Barca 06 beat Westchester 4-2

Comment

Or just maybe, the Barca folks are smart enough to realize that bragging about beating a DA team in a friendly match will make it less likely for DA teams to agree to these friendly matches in the future.

Comment

Or just maybe, the Barca folks are smart enough to realize that bragging about beating a DA team in a friendly match will make it less likely for DA teams to agree to these friendly matches in the future.
                        Well said. Was very nice soccer on both sides

Comment

Well said. Was very nice soccer on both sides
                          Well done! I hope DA notices this for 2 reasons.

1. Maybe they can give quality teams like Barca a shot

2. Maybe they can agree to some sort of relagation system for each age group and not per club. For example Beachside may have a good team on 04 but bottom half team on age 06. Why does beachside have to be in the DA in all age groups in this case.

I'm an 06 DA parent and teams like BWG, FC Westchester, TSF and Beachside just shouldn't be in the DA in this age group. Give a team like Barca 06 a chance. Not necessarily every Barca team but just the 06 team in this example. The 4 teams above shouldn't be in the DA

Comment

2. Maybe they can agree to some sort of relagation system for each age group and not per club. For example Beachside may have a good team on 04 but bottom half team on age 06. Why does beachside have to be in the DA in all age groups in this case.

I'm an 06 DA parent and teams like BWG, FC Westchester, TSF and Beachside just shouldn't be in the DA in this age group. Give a team like Barca 06 a chance. Not necessarily every Barca team but just the 06 team in this example. The 4 teams above shouldn't be in the DA
                            wow, so relegation based on half of season of 11v11? or is that based on the full season of u12 9v9 24 kid squads from season before? makes sense to me.

Comment

We would hope that a friendly or friendlies against DA club(s) would at a minimum lead to some consideration from USSDA in allowing Barca to join once all the other criterias are met. As for bottom half or top half that is interesting considering BWG beat Met Oval 5-1 and TSF beat them 2-0 earlier in the year. Not to mention the New York Red Bulls having lost their last 3 games. It is clear to me any one of these "top half" teams can and have been beaten by what are considered inferior teams.

Comment

We would hope that a friendly or friendlies against DA club(s) would at a minimum lead to some consideration from USSDA in allowing Barca to join once all the other criterias are met. As for bottom half or top half that is interesting considering BWG beat Met Oval 5-1 and TSF beat them 2-0 earlier in the year. Not to mention the New York Red Bulls having lost their last 3 games. It is clear to me any one of these "top half" teams can and have been beaten by what are considered inferior teams.
                                Well Said Also :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X