Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will. Without a doubt. But surely you can understand the disappointment my daughter will feel, and I on her behalf, that the team she's been playing with will no longer exist. Talking to parents, only about 6 are interested in it. Still, if those 6 go, their spots will be filled with B team players and our team will not be able to compete in the top level NEP any longer.

It's not always parents demanding more elite leagues. Sometimes it's clubs forcing them down our throats and parents being left to decide between these stupid leagues or glorified rec teams with little development.
    Just listen to yourself. Oh the horror...your poor little daughter might get stuck playing with some B team players if the other 11 or 12 year olds on her current team decide to go play in the new league. She must be so special. You’ve got some big decisions to make for her. I hope that it all turns out okay for her and you. You may need some thoughts and prayers sent your way. What on Earth will she become, if her team will yes longer be able to compete in the top level of ....wait for it....the top level of the NEP.

Comment

Just listen to yourself. Oh the horror...your poor little daughter might get stuck playing with some B team players if the other 11 or 12 year olds on her current team decide to go play in the new league. She must be so special. You’ve got some big decisions to make for her. I hope that it all turns out okay for her and you. You may need some thoughts and prayers sent your way. What on Earth will she become, if her team will yes longer be able to compete in the top level of ....wait for it....the top level of the NEP.
      You're special, aren't you?

Hard to grasp the point that some kids and families out there were perfectly happy playing in the NPL bracket of NEP? Yup, my kid liked her teammates and her competitive team. Planned to stick with it. Didn't feel the need to go chase patches and drive to NY so her dad could brag about her super elite team. So yes, she's going to be disappointed that her perfectly acceptable NEP team is going to be weaker next year. She plays because she loves the game, not because she cares to drive 4 hours to play a team no better than ones 30 minutes away so she can feel special like you.

You're the epitome of all that's wrong with soccer. Mocking young kids who just want to play on the team they love and have fun doing it. Sorry if it upsets you that we're not impressed by the latest collection of letters that the girls will be wearing.

Comment

You realize this forum is called Talking Soccer and not Talking Balls right?

Comment

You're special, aren't you?

Hard to grasp the point that some kids and families out there were perfectly happy playing in the NPL bracket of NEP? Yup, my kid liked her teammates and her competitive team. Planned to stick with it. Didn't feel the need to go chase patches and drive to NY so her dad could brag about her super elite team. So yes, she's going to be disappointed that her perfectly acceptable NEP team is going to be weaker next year. She plays because she loves the game, not because she cares to drive 4 hours to play a team no better than ones 30 minutes away so she can feel special like you.

You're the epitome of all that's wrong with soccer. Mocking young kids who just want to play on the team they love and have fun doing it. Sorry if it upsets you that we're not impressed by the latest collection of letters that the girls will be wearing.
          So then what’s the problem with staying on her perfectly acceptable team then? You are so afraid that your daughter might have to play with kids that are not as good as her. Get over yourself. You are what’s wrong with soccer.

Comment

You realize this forum is called Talking Soccer and not Talking Balls right?
            Third World Problems

Comment

Eight Development Academy clubs form Northeast Girls Development League

CHARLESTON, S.C. (April 11, 2019) – Eight U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs in the northeast region are creating the Northeast Girls Development League. Kicking off this fall, the Northeast Girls Development League will provide a competitive 10-month-long league for 12-U and 13-U girls Development Academy teams to develop their abilities at an elite level.

The inaugural season of the Northeast Girls Development League is comprised of the following clubs:

FC Albertson Fury (N.Y.)
              FC Fury (N.Y.)
              NEFC (Mass.)
              New York Soccer Club (N.Y.)
              Oakwood SC (Conn.)
              Seacoast United (N.H.)
              South Shore Select (Mass.)
              STA (N.J.)

The Northeast Girls Developmental League, sanctioned and supported by US Club Soccer, maintains Development Academy standards and competition level, while also upholding US Club Soccer’s Players First philosophy.

Quotes from Northeast Girls Development League founding member club directors:

Paul Riley, FC Albertson & FC Fury: "This a huge step in the development process of our younger players. A club’s culture is important, and finding common ground among different clubs to build collective strength is massive. A competitive environment is a must for any player and program. We are proud to launch this endeavor with such a great group of clubs
              Oakwood 07s stink

Comment

One of the things I think of most, is how when most of these U12/U13 girls come to making their own decisions age and are already burnt out because they spent their childhood riding in the back of a car and playing soccer while having absolutely no life outside of the game. By the time they hit U15 a lot of these GDA players are going to be like "F that" and will quit soccer altogether because of the grind. Oh and that's right they can't play for their HS teams either! More reason to quit. What a f-in joke.

Comment

One of the things I think of most, is how when most of these U12/U13 girls come to making their own decisions age and are already burnt out because they spent their childhood riding in the back of a car and playing soccer while having absolutely no life outside of the game. By the time they hit U15 a lot of these GDA players are going to be like "F that" and will quit soccer altogether because of the grind. Oh and that's right they can't play for their HS teams either! More reason to quit. What a f-in joke.
                  "Most" and "a lot"? Any data to back that up?

Not seeing any decline. Get off the HS horse...people pushing HS are ex-HS athletes trying to recreate their old glory for their kids.

Bottom line if any of the above is true, then they are not the type of player that should be considering DA anyway to better to have them walk now.

Comment

Question for the NEFC-Select-Seacoast crowd: Did the clubs even poll the families and ask if you folks wanted this, or are you just being told what to do?

Comment

Question for the NEFC-Select-Seacoast crowd: Did the clubs even poll the families and ask if you folks wanted this, or are you just being told what to do?
                      We are one of these families and no, no one asked us. They just told us that is what they're doing. In fact they previously hosted an ID day for Academy and it was very poorly attended and families in our age group expressed that we don't have desire to play in DA. Silence, and then 2 months later they told us they're doing pre-academy and if we want in, we're traveling for hours. Talked to my D last night, thinking I would be letting her down that we just can't do it with our other 2 kids to think about, but she cut me off and said she doesn't want to do it, doesn't want to drive that much. So that's that. She'll either play on her club's b team next year or look elsewhere. We haven't talked about it yet.

Comment

"Most" and "a lot"? Any data to back that up?

Not seeing any decline. Get off the HS horse...people pushing HS are ex-HS athletes trying to recreate their old glory for their kids.

Bottom line if any of the above is true, then they are not the type of player that should be considering DA anyway to better to have them walk now.
                        lol. DA is the place for Deluded Arrogance.

Comment

We are one of these families and no, no one asked us. They just told us that is what they're doing. In fact they previously hosted an ID day for Academy and it was very poorly attended and families in our age group expressed that we don't have desire to play in DA. Silence, and then 2 months later they told us they're doing pre-academy and if we want in, we're traveling for hours. Talked to my D last night, thinking I would be letting her down that we just can't do it with our other 2 kids to think about, but she cut me off and said she doesn't want to do it, doesn't want to drive that much. So that's that. She'll either play on her club's b team next year or look elsewhere. We haven't talked about it yet.
                          That’s what I figured. Not surprised at all. Such an arrogant position by these clubs.

Comment

That’s what I figured. Not surprised at all. Such an arrogant position by these clubs.
                            We have more kids per mile playing than any other country in the world, yet still find ways to justify extensive travel.
                            This stupidity does not exist elsewhere
                            Even colleges play a more local schedule

Comment

We have more kids per mile playing than any other country in the world, yet still find ways to justify extensive travel.
                              This stupidity does not exist elsewhere
                              Even colleges play a more local schedule
                              In other places, the money to be made comes from finding and developing real talent. Such extensive travel is not required to do that.

Here, the money to be made comes from finding customers with enough disposable income to participate in a nice activity for their athletic kids. The extensive travel helps weed out the unqualified bank accounts and ensure the proper customer base.

Comment

lol. DA is the place for Deluded Arrogance.
                                Not really. Everyone is free to choose the path that best fits their individual situations.

Some just want to play club ball, only club ball, and all the time. Some don't. It's all good.

There's a place to play for everyone. Choose the path that fits YOU, and don't worry about anyone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X