Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not the only one replying...but I'll take credit for my share...

As for the interest, youth soccer has evolved into this set of rules that everyone must follow. If you don't agree with me, you're an idiot. I don't see why people can't just say "wow, this is fvcked. I'm not doing that." And, be done with it. Why the incessant need to push your beliefs on others, and then insult them if they feel differently?

Chose the the path that works best for you, and enjoy wherever it takes you.
    It's been said to you before but hasn't sunk in. This is a discussion board. This is the internet. People share their feelings on various topics. If no one wanted to discuss their thoughts on subjects, the forum wouldn't exist.

Why does this upset you so? Why the need to pontificate on every thread where there's people who aren't pro-DA and now pro-NEGDL about how cool and chill and live and let live you are and how we should all be? Maybe I don't want to be. Maybe I want to discuss why these leagues suck with others. Why do I need your permission? Why can't you just scroll by, Mr. Live and Let Live? Perhaps something to ponder over your evening meditation.

Comment

It's been said to you before but hasn't sunk in. This is a discussion board. This is the internet. People share their feelings on various topics. If no one wanted to discuss their thoughts on subjects, the forum wouldn't exist.

Why does this upset you so? Why the need to pontificate on every thread where there's people who aren't pro-DA and now pro-NEGDL about how cool and chill and live and let live you are and how we should all be? Maybe I don't want to be. Maybe I want to discuss why these leagues suck with others. Why do I need your permission? Why can't you just scroll by, Mr. Live and Let Live? Perhaps something to ponder over your evening meditation.
      You can fire away all you want about your concerns with what everyone else is doing and your derogatory opinions about it.

I can fire right back to tell you go mind your own business and do what works best for you.

Choose your path. That YOUR kid is at the right level and enjoying playing...that's what you should concern yourself with.

Do you peer over the hedges tsk-tsking at the neighbors, too?

Comment

Meant to add: If you want to crap on the leagues, that's cool. When you crap on individual families who think different, I'll comment on it.

Busy-bodies....

Comment

You can fire away all you want about your concerns with what everyone else is doing and your derogatory opinions about it.

I can fire right back to tell you go mind your own business and do what works best for you.

Choose your path. That YOUR kid is at the right level and enjoying playing...that's what you should concern yourself with.

Do you peer over the hedges tsk-tsking at the neighbors, too?
          You've told me no less than 10 times what to concern myself with. But I can't tell you what to concern yourself with?

Nah, doesn't work that way.

Thanks for the instructions on how to live my life. My turn. Your kid's not as good as you think and you should get over yourself and go back to NPL. You're wasting time, money, and trying to turn your poor kid into a little soccer robot to fulfill your own fantasy.

There. Do you care any more about my thoughts on your life than I do about yours?

Comment

I'm the one who just posted the "if you build it, they will come" and I think its pretty obvious that everyone has their own line in the sand. Your's is obviously higher than others. So what would YOUR line be? Flying to league games? residential camp? moving to Europe? or would you stop at DA level? But would you be pissed if your club all of a sudden made DA the second team, and now the top team has to fly to CA for games twice a month and pay twice as much as you do know? Would you think that is silly and complain, or would you be happy to lose the top half of your team and just stay put?

So yeah, people get pissed when "their" line in the sand is crossed (no matter where it is), and so to get mad at them for not accepting your line in the sand, is also disingenuous.
            in the name of better soccer and development all of these big wig clubs keep fracturing the local landscape. It hurts soccer in the long run by diluting the talent even more.

Comment

I'm the one who just posted the "if you build it, they will come" and I think its pretty obvious that everyone has their own line in the sand. Your's is obviously higher than others. So what would YOUR line be? Flying to league games? residential camp? moving to Europe? or would you stop at DA level? But would you be pissed if your club all of a sudden made DA the second team, and now the top team has to fly to CA for games twice a month and pay twice as much as you do know? Would you think that is silly and complain, or would you be happy to lose the top half of your team and just stay put?

So yeah, people get pissed when "their" line in the sand is crossed (no matter where it is), and so to get mad at them for not accepting your line in the sand, is also disingenuous.
              While some of this is ridiculous, I agree. There needs to be a unified front by the parents by saying, "nope, we aren't doing it." The line in the sand is always washed out with the waves.

Comment

Dam lot of pages, posts, and emotions on a topic that only impacts 30 kids or so in the state of mass for 08s and another 30 for 2007

Comment

While some of this is ridiculous, I agree. There needs to be a unified front by the parents by saying, "nope, we aren't doing it." The line in the sand is always washed out with the waves.
                  They are not unified, if some want to do it and some do not.

Comment

Dam lot of pages, posts, and emotions on a topic that only impacts 30 kids or so in the state of mass for 08s and another 30 for 2007
                    Don't be obtuse. It doesn't just impact those kids, but I suppose it's exactly that sort of thinking that has contributed to getting us to where we are with pay-to-play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X