Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS gossip

Heard from a very good source that Bayern Munich will not be renewing their partnership/deal and it’s looking increasingly likely It may well be replaced with Valencia FC. Does anyone know if there is any weight behind this? Huge blow if so

It depends on what you think is big blow. Think of all the money for new uniforms. This is all the Bradley brothers care about.

Comment

Rumor is that Bayern Munich are out at the end of their deal. Haven't heard anything about Valencia. If true, and knowing GPS, expect the adidas uniforms to remain as part of the deal!

Comment

Valencia are Puma as of next year so I guess this would be a complete change from adidas to Puma! Can’t see Valencia collecting the $$$,$$$ fee and then allowing a partner to be adidas.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          It depends on what you think is big blow. Think of all the money for new uniforms. This is all the Bradley brothers care about.
          Isn’t this the main reason the Bradleys have the two jokers running around looking for as many ‘mergers’ as possible? A kick back on the uniforms?

Comment

I bet they are making about $500,000 to $1,000,000 off uniform sales.

Probably getting $50 to $100 per kit sale and with probably 10,000 or more players across the country. Take that to the bank if you did not look at it this way.

Comment

I bet they are making about $500,000 to $1,000,000 off uniform sales.

Probably getting $50 to $100 per kit sale and with probably 10,000 or more players across the country. Take that to the bank if you did not look at it this way.
              It's all about player development

Comment

2 Jokers?

Isn’t this the main reason the Bradleys have the two jokers running around looking for as many ‘mergers’ as possible? A kick back on the uniforms?
                2 Jokers?

Comment

Not Bradleys’ call

Their parent company (Legacy Global Sports) calls the shots now.

Comment

Heard from a very good source that Bayern Munich will not be renewing their partnership/deal and it’s looking increasingly likely It may well be replaced with Valencia FC. Does anyone know if there is any weight behind this? Huge blow if so
                    Your source ain’t so good. New deal between GPS and Bayern has been signed.

Comment

The Bradley's are aholes

Comment

GPS doesn’t develop. They just herd cattle for profit.

Comment

GPS doesn’t develop. They just herd cattle for profit.
                          Wasn't our experience. To the contrary GPS developed my daughter then she moved on for exposure beyond NPL. The talent aggregators exist, but GPS isn't one of them.

Comment

Wasn't our experience. To the contrary GPS developed my daughter then she moved on for exposure beyond NPL. The talent aggregators exist, but GPS isn't one of them.
                            Same here. Did a good job for us to a certain point, but then actually encouraged us to expand once we got beyond what they had. Same with two teammates.

I think they do quite well at younger girls and for boys; older girls isn't their strong suite but as I just mentioned, it was acknowledged and didn't sell a pack of lies to try to get us to stay. Just the opposite.

Comment

Glad you had a good experience, but I doubt that is most parents or players’ experience with GPS. GPS is notorious for staffing with inexperienced coaches, high coach turnover, and teams with to few kids on the roster. We had four coaches in a season and most of them had zero coaching experience. GPS brings them from overseas because they are cheap. They’ll ask your kid to play 3 or 4 games per weekend because the teams don’t have enough players. They’ll tell you “it’s great for development” if you ask why. Stay far away from GPS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X