Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All the scores were very close. Further proof of competing and holding their own against top teams in the nation.
    Lol you must not have seen the scores. Not the top teams in the country. Playing b teams and some random bad teams who shouldn’t be flying either.

Comment

I was there. The teams were neither mediocre or “B” teams. I also saw a lot of college coaches. You can say you hate the pay to play model. Or that it’s elitist. Those are opinions you’re rightly entitled to and I get it. What you can’t say with any degree of facts is that the teams are mediocre. That’s just a false narrative.

Comment

I was there. The teams were neither mediocre or “B” teams. I also saw a lot of college coaches. You can say you hate the pay to play model. Or that it’s elitist. Those are opinions you’re rightly entitled to and I get it. What you can’t say with any degree of facts is that the teams are mediocre. That’s just a false narrative.
        So what if this wasn't a showcase wasn't comprised of strictly elite players and teams from A to Z.

Throw in these two Realities:
        (A) US Club org is in a dogfight nationwide with their youth peer USYS org for club memberships.

(B) The US Soccer Development Academy program accepted 80 clubs into the nations elite youth training and development platform.

Guess what a get together of 40+ US club members is not going to feature a full stable of thoroughbreds on the playing fields.

The biggest reveal about the lack of depth and overall player quality at these events is the stunning number of Head Coach not attending, Of the 100+ D1 schools who indicated they were coming to watch, 80 of these schools did not send their head coach. The schools that did send their head coach were mostly from the lowest tier of the 330 D1 programs.

Every national level Nike, Under Armour & Adidas basketball showcase has the head coach on on site to evaluate as they are the decision maker.

Oregon's club performances at these events is expected to be poor even in the watered down US Club member jamborees.

All this data is supplied by US Club which is great for transparency.

The more you know!

Comment

Lol you must not have seen the scores. Not the top teams in the country. Playing b teams and some random bad teams who shouldn’t be flying either.
          I'm sorry were you there. Tell me more about the games you watched. I was there and watched a lot of games and witnessed some of the best soccer I've ever seen.

Comment

I'm sorry were you there. Tell me more about the games you watched. I was there and watched a lot of games and witnessed some of the best soccer I've ever seen.
            Makes sense given what you see at training everyday with kids team.

Comment

Hahahahahahahah

I was there and both you and your kids team was an embarrassment.

You must not get out much

Comment

Rather than take the word of some anonymous tool with an agenda on a chat board, how about we check the posted scores:

Thorns DA played four games this weekend:

2-3 loss by 01/00 team
                0-6 loss by 02/03 team
                1-6 loss by 04 team
                1-3 loss by 05 team

Total averages: 1 goal scored per game/4.5 goals conceded per game = -3.5 GD per game.

CU played 12 games this weekend:

0-1 loss by 02 team
                0-4 loss by 02 team
                3-1 win by 02 team

1-1 tie by 03 team
                0-1 loss by 03 team
                0-0 tie by 03 team

0-0 tie by 04 team
                0-1 loss by 04 team
                0-1 loss by 04 team

0-0 tie by 05 team
                0-0 tie by 05 team
                0-0 tie by 05 team

Total averages: .33 goals scored per game/.83 goals conceded per game = -.5 GD per game

FCP played 12 games this weekend:

0-2 loss by 02 team
                2-7 loss by 02 team
                3-0 win by 02 team

0-2 loss by 03 team
                1-0 win by 03 team
                0-3 loss by 03 team

0-4 loss by 04 team
                0-6 loss by 04 team
                0-3 loss by 04 team

0-1 loss by 05 team
                0-0 tie by 05 team
                0-1 loss by 05 team

Total averages: .5 goals scored per game/2.42 goals scored per game = -1.92 GD per game

My conclusions:

If you are a Thorns hater you will use this as "proof" of how terrible Thorns is.
                If you are an ECNL hater you will use this as "proof" of how terrible ECNL is.
                If you are a reasonable human being you will wonder why any of these teams got on an airplane to play these games.

My final conclusion as a reasonable human being:

Thorns looks bad. Getting swept by a regional club that has its talent split between ECNL and GDA is not good.

Crossfire looks the most competitive. But they need to score some goals.

FCP has (slightly) more firepower, but they are giving up too many goals.

None of them look dominant above the other two, in any age group.
                Thorns 00/01 team lost 3-1

Comment

Hahahahahahahah

I was there and both you and your kids team was an embarrassment.

You must not get out much
                  Is this Trump posting?

Comment

Why so much ecnl hatred from gda? Thorns Gda had a great turnout at their id training on the 31st. With Crossfire Premier going all-in Ecnl, gda league will be easier and they’ll win more games. OR Ecnl will lose more games with XF and Slammers and more leaving gda. But both gda & ecnl will continue to be good options for those that choose. Neither side should be bashing on each other.

Comment

Why so much ecnl hatred from gda? Thorns Gda had a great turnout at their id training on the 31st. With Crossfire Premier going all-in Ecnl, gda league will be easier and they’ll win more games. OR Ecnl will lose more games with XF and Slammers and more leaving gda. But both gda & ecnl will continue to be good options for those that choose. Neither side should be bashing on each other.
                      Honestly, I don't think it is both sides bashing on each other. I think the OP represents neither and is just a troll of both.

Comment

Looks like a third ECNL club is coming to town. Good news. Now there’s real competition.

Comment

Looks like a third ECNL club is coming to town. Good news. Now there’s real competition.
                          Heard a bunch of rumors, but no concrete news yet. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Heard a bunch of rumors, but no concrete news yet. I'll believe it when I see it.
                            Better be soon as tryouts are almost upon us!

Comment

Better be soon as tryouts are almost upon us!
                              I wouldn’t touch Ecnl with a 10 foot pole. What a waste. The two clubs are already a joke or doormats

Comment

I wouldn’t touch Ecnl with a 10 foot pole. What a waste. The two clubs are already a joke or doormats
                                Same can be said about GDA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X