Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Poster fails to mention that it was very hot in the afternoon.
    Good to mention. Highly likely, that Poster was sitting in their car in the air conditioning with a water bottle or a bottle of something else.

Comment

Afternoon play was poor but all the morning games were good.
      Stayed the whole day to watch all the games from 8am-5pm? Wow, dedicated soccer fan.

Comment

Stayed the whole day to watch all the games from 8am-5pm? Wow, dedicated soccer fan.
        I’m not the OP, but my daughter played in two games in morning and then had one later in afternoon, which we arrived an hour early for. Not unreasonable at all to have seen 4+ matches (two in morning and two in afternoon) and make a comparison. And like other said, very hot conditions may have affected energy levels a bit.

Comment

Games in the late afternoon were stopped every 15 minutes or so for water breaks.

I’m not the OP, but my daughter played in two games in morning and then had one later in afternoon, which we arrived an hour early for. Not unreasonable at all to have seen 4+ matches (two in morning and two in afternoon) and make a comparison. And like other said, very hot conditions may have affected energy levels a bit.

Comment

We should know very shortly how successful the event was. If kids get offers soon, then it will have been successful.

Comment

No, I left my 15 year old in Waltham all day. I figure she is a good athlete she can run the 30 miles home.

Comment

Games in the late afternoon were stopped every 15 minutes or so for water breaks.
                Really? That didn't happen during the game I watched. They actually add some extra time on the clock.

Comment

there were no water breaks......

Comment

Yes, there were.

there were no water breaks......

Comment

Asked my DD, she said no water breaks on Saturday. They played 50 minutes, no half. There were subs though.

Comment

Occurred in the 2-4 games on Sunday.

Asked my DD, she said no water breaks on Saturday. They played 50 minutes, no half. There were subs though.

Comment

Sunday there were at most 8 scouts there from not great schools.

Bad

Comment

We should know very shortly how successful the event was. If kids get offers soon, then it will have been successful.
                            You really don't know how this works do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              You really don't know how this works do you?
                              I am pretty sure I do. Sorry that you don't see a money grab or don't want others to see it. Someone said it earlier. There is always an overlooked kid, but the coaches from all of these schools know who can play D1, D2, D3, Dnever.

Comment

Sunday there were at most 8 scouts there from not great schools.

Bad
                                Sounds like every other college showcase I've ever been to

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X