Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe the $18k is the minimum for players that aren’t on NT and are paid directly by their NWSL team. NWSL don’t pay the NT players on their teams, they are paid by USSF. I think I heard the minimum USSF can pay a NT player is $45k, but I’m sure there are a bunch of factors in their bargaining agreement that can boost it much higher.
    My point is its disingenuous to separate National team from the game. The women should get the same % of revenue and the same per diems, match fees and travel arrangements. No gteed contracts, no allocations.

USSF should separate out the revenue.

it just feels like a money grab by players with leverage gained thru nationalism

Comment

How about a rematch, uswnt vs fc Dallas u15 boys on national tv. If the uswnt win this time ussoccer hands them checks at the end of the match making up the pay discrepancy over the last 4 year cycle.

Comment

My point is its disingenuous to separate National team from the game. The women should get the same % of revenue and the same per diems, match fees and travel arrangements. No gteed contracts, no allocations.

USSF should separate out the revenue.

it just feels like a money grab by players with leverage gained thru nationalism
        Disagree. It would be healthier if NT and for-profit professional leagues had more separation. Since 2 or 3 US professional women’s leagues went under already, USSF tried to take some of the financial pressure off NWSL to help the sport grow by allocating NT players and paying them, but it does give USSF an unhealthy level of say over NWSL and the players. USSF can force players onto teams they don’t want to play for and the teams themselves rely on USSF to provide them with a NT “Star” to draw fans. No real free agency for top NT players like in other sports. I understand the reasoning in the short-term, but we should be moving away from that model.

Comment

How about a rematch, uswnt vs fc Dallas u15 boys on national tv. If the uswnt win this time ussoccer hands them checks at the end of the match making up the pay discrepancy over the last 4 year cycle.
          It's not about being better. It's about being watched and making money. If the women get ratings, sell ads, fill stadiums, and move merchandise, they should get their fair cut.

Comment

Playing for your National Team or the Olympics should not be your primary source of income. It should be played for as a matter of pride. Just a reminder that for most all women's top soccer players, this is not a career you can support yourself in.

Comment

It's not about being better. It's about being watched and making money. If the women get ratings, sell ads, fill stadiums, and move merchandise, they should get their fair cut.
              They don't at the same level the men's team does. That's the point.

One thing I do remember that I thought was unfair (and maybe this has been corrected since I last heard about these issues) but I think the men's team has a much better health insurance deal than the women's. Sounds silly, but athletes get injured a lot, and given the cost of healthcare it isn't small potatoes. There was also the complaints about how the men mostly play on grass and the women on turf. Again, small but important for athlete well being.

Comment

They don't at the same level the men's team does. That's the point.

One thing I do remember that I thought was unfair (and maybe this has been corrected since I last heard about these issues) but I think the men's team has a much better health insurance deal than the women's. Sounds silly, but athletes get injured a lot, and given the cost of healthcare it isn't small potatoes. There was also the complaints about how the men mostly play on grass and the women on turf. Again, small but important for athlete well being.
                Agreed. Interesting that in the NYT article the woman generated a higher level of both revenue and profit in 2016. Their "cut" should always be on a percentage basis. If they are at higher level, they get more, lower they get less, but they should get similar percentage

Comment

I’d like to know when the girls’ will start using a size 5 ball! When will the USSF allow them to slide tackle, too?

Comment

That boys U15 team pummeled a better WNT 5-0. C'mon, make it a fair fight. Let's pick a boys U14 or perhaps a U13 team.

Comment

That boys U15 team pummeled a better WNT 5-0. C'mon, make it a fair fight. Let's pick a boys U14 or perhaps a U13 team.
                      They would also beat the USWMT team.

Comment

They would also beat the USMNT team.

Comment

They would also beat the USMNT team.
                          A U14 boys club team couldn't beat a good boys HS team.

Comment

We are talking about the FC Dallas boys team. Not just any old club team.

Comment

But the older DA teams beat the women's teams. Everything changes with puberty

Comment

I am not a fan of women’s soccer, but I am ashamed that the Fed has let it come to this... Completely unacceptable in this day and age. MNT ought to come out in support instead of quaking on the sidelines. USSF officials need to be ousted, the last Election does not represent enough change.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X