Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    did not know that, hahaha, that's so much worse, hahahaha...at least NYCFC had a reason...
    I think it can be argued it us better. These cross country trips for "playoffs" for youth soccer are a con. Good for teams that are starting to refuse it.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      i think it can be argued it us better. These cross country trips for "playoffs" for youth soccer are a con. Good for teams that are starting to refuse it.
      go go fury!!

Comment

I think it can be argued it us better. These cross country trips for "playoffs" for youth soccer are a con. Good for teams that are starting to refuse it.
        So what is the Virginia bound super-star going to do, a prom date perhaps??

Comment

Too late creepy dad. Nice attempt at spin. Nor should your college bound player care what her now former teammates are doing. She should only care about what her future coach is telling her to do. She should be setting her own goals. Finally, teens love to pretend they're super cool, chill, don't care but deep down most do and have already been hitting the gym. The ones that do actually slack will pay a heavy price in August.
          think you are assuming its one poster. Its not. Nothing creepy about it. simply following team mates on social media has nothing to do with a player setting individual goals. you protest way too much. trying to make a case where none exists.

Comment

Too late creepy dad. Nice attempt at spin. Nor should your college bound player care what her now former teammates are doing. She should only care about what her future coach is telling her to do. She should be setting her own goals. Finally, teens love to pretend they're super cool, chill, don't care but deep down most do and have already been hitting the gym. The ones that do actually slack will pay a heavy price in August.
            The price paid is not having any type of social life whatsoever, that is a heavy price for some...

Comment

The price paid is not having any type of social life whatsoever, that is a heavy price for some...
              No. If an athlete comes in unprepared for preseason the price they pay is harsh treatment, a difficult time catching up and a longer slog to prove oneself to a new coach and teammates. Incoming freshmen better come in ready to roll day 1.

Having no social life is an issue many D1 athletes face regardless. Coaches tell you being a student athlete involves three things - sports, academics and a social life - but you only get to pick two.

Comment

No. If an athlete comes in unprepared for preseason the price they pay is harsh treatment, a difficult time catching up and a longer slog to prove oneself to a new coach and teammates. Incoming freshmen better come in ready to roll day 1.

Having no social life is an issue many D1 athletes face regardless. Coaches tell you being a student athlete involves three things - sports, academics and a social life - but you only get to pick two.
                Sounds great.

Comment

You continue trying to out this kid fro some reason. Why are you such a douche bag?

Comment

Why do teams go to Oregon, Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Indiana, Colorado, Virginia?
                    So their coaches can get free trips to see some of their countrymen they havent seen in a while?

Comment

Dramatic much?!?! No social life? wow, that is rich. these kids dont know anything else and when i played, my teammates were my best friends. we wanted to hang out (on the field, in the weight room, running, kicking around, eating lunch/dinner, going out for fun, b|itch about the coaches/practices ......). we had a GREAT social life (with guys on the team and people that didnt play) and it was tons of fun. it was a lot of work, and we couldnt always do everything we wanted, but we did plenty during season and out of season.

Comment

This. D is a rising sophomore and the only soccer we're doing are a few College ID camps for local colleges she is interested in attending. The rules changed such that come June 15 after sophomore year, college coaches can contact players. For most female D1 prospects, the recruiting process really starts summer after their freshmen year.

We'll focus on strength and conditioning, fitness in preparation for HS soccer, some 1on1 training to improve in specific technical areas of her game, but no organized soccer beyond the ID camps. She is also taking Geometry this summer so she can take Algebra II as a sophomore and be on track for AP Calculus down the road.

The last thing I would do with a HS player is a random soccer summer camp. Burnout is real and it will hit when you least expect it. Overuse injuries are always a threat. Best way to minimize both is to have a few months of down time. Doesn't mean they don't touch a soccer ball if they want to, just keep it low key.

Same a-hole wrote this as well. Stop naming or referring to kids you fn tool. Did the family hurt your feeling or does your kid suck so bad that she cant stand being in the shadow of a better player?

Comment

This. D is a rising sophomore and the only soccer we're doing are a few College ID camps for local colleges she is interested in attending. The rules changed such that come June 15 after sophomore year, college coaches can contact players. For most female D1 prospects, the recruiting process really starts summer after their freshmen year.

We'll focus on strength and conditioning, fitness in preparation for HS soccer, some 1on1 training to improve in specific technical areas of her game, but no organized soccer beyond the ID camps. She is also taking Geometry this summer so she can take Algebra II as a sophomore and be on track for AP Calculus down the road.

The last thing I would do with a HS player is a random soccer summer camp. Burnout is real and it will hit when you least expect it. Overuse injuries are always a threat. Best way to minimize both is to have a few months of down time. Doesn't mean they don't touch a soccer ball if they want to, just keep it low key.

Same a-hole wrote this as well. Stop naming or referring to kids you fn tool. Did the family hurt your feeling or does your kid suck so bad that she cant stand being in the shadow of a better player?
                          So no prom??

Comment

So no prom??
                            I will be taking your mother to the prom. I heard she is lots of fun a parties.

Comment

Always curious about the "rising sophomore (or freshman, junior, what have you)

What if they are already there?

Does rising mean "used to stink, not as much any longer"?

Comment

I will be taking your mother to the prom. I heard she is lots of fun a parties.
                                Not sure want to do that, she can be costly!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X