X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine New GDA clubs for 2018-19

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180618-n...demy-2018-2019

SJEB and FC Albertson from the Northeast.

I can't speak to the others but Alby and Seacoast aren't anything remotely close to PDA or FC Stars or the of the other clubs that dropped out. Replacing good old with bad new isn't a recipe for quality

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I can't speak to the others but Alby and Seacoast aren't anything remotely close to PDA or FC Stars or the of the other clubs that dropped out. Replacing good old with bad new isn't a recipe for quality
      Um Stars was below middle of the pack. Only one age group was competitive.

Comment

Because their talent was split, as it was at many clubs that had both leagues. Adding ECNL basement dweller Albertson and Seacoast - a mid level NPL club on a good day - is not an improvement. Now the few remaining decent DA clubs like NYCFC will travel all over to beat up those additions or Empire and LISC. That is not improving the league but actually making it worse

Comment

That's funny considering 2 Stars teams finished higher than Fury...what does that make Fury?

Comment

That's funny considering 2 Stars teams finished higher than Fury...what does that make Fury?
            I think Albertson finished last or in the bottom third in every age group this year in ECNL. For sure that will be a difference maker in GDA. Not.

Comment

I think Albertson finished last or in the bottom third in every age group this year in ECNL. For sure that will be a difference maker in GDA. Not.

That's because all of their good ECNL players went DA and they backfilled their ECNL rosters with girls who, in some cases, couldn't even make NPL teams. I have zero skin in the game, my kids play elsewhere, but facts are facts. And no, I don't think they should have 2 DA teams, that's just dumb, they weren't competitive before with one.

Comment

That's because all of their good ECNL players went DA and they backfilled their ECNL rosters with girls who, in some cases, couldn't even make NPL teams. I have zero skin in the game, my kids play elsewhere, but facts are facts. And no, I don't think they should have 2 DA teams, that's just dumb, they weren't competitive before with one.
                And who do you think with fill the 2nd DA team now? Those backfill players that didn't even belong on ECNL, let alone DA

Comment

And who do you think with fill the 2nd DA team now? Those backfill players that didn't even belong on ECNL, let alone DA
                  Who "belongs" in these leagues? These leagues are for players that try out and have the money to pay. There are so many teams now in these type of league that most players with a lot of money and a little bit of talent can find a spot on one of them (maybe not on their first choice as some teams are still quite competitive but on one of them)

Certain teams may be more desirable then others but the league itself does not carry that much meaning anymore.

Comment

Who "belongs" in these leagues? These leagues are for players that try out and have the money to pay. There are so many teams now in these type of league that most players with a lot of money and a little bit of talent can find a spot on one of them (maybe not on their first choice as some teams are still quite competitive but on one of them)

Certain teams may be more desirable then others but the league itself does not carry that much meaning anymore.
                    Yes, everything is watered down now, but ECNL will clearly be stronger as a league in the Northeast and competition-wise across the clubs/teams. Albertson ECNL was near last in nearly all age groups in ECNL. Maybe they will actually do better in GDA, as the competition will actually be easier. So they can have a false sense of how they stack up.

The ones who are playing at a high level all know who else is at that level. It's too bad that LI is so fragmented, as it would be great if the talent actually remained consolidated instead of split across literally 4-6 teams now.

Comment

Whoa. Hearing some of the names that made Albertson DA. Shocking. They are not NPL players let alone DA. What a mess!!!

Comment

Yes, everything is watered down now, but ECNL will clearly be stronger as a league in the Northeast and competition-wise across the clubs/teams. Albertson ECNL was near last in nearly all age groups in ECNL. Maybe they will actually do better in GDA, as the competition will actually be easier. So they can have a false sense of how they stack up.

The ones who are playing at a high level all know who else is at that level. It's too bad that LI is so fragmented, as it would be great if the talent actually remained consolidated instead of split across literally 4-6 teams now.
                        There is no financial incentive to consolidating talent or it would happen. It is the opposite. The money is in having as many "elite" teams as possible. US soccer speaks of this pay to play problem but it is all lip service. They put no money into their league to combat it so that was just talk,

Comment

There is no financial incentive to consolidating talent or it would happen. It is the opposite. The money is in having as many "elite" teams as possible. US soccer speaks of this pay to play problem but it is all lip service. They put no money into their league to combat it so that was just talk,
                          That is why GDA is just as flawed as ECNL...it is left to clubs who are interested in profits mostly. GDA should have franchised this instead so that there is still money to be made by the franchisees, but they are not operating as an independent club. But we all know that USSF isn't really interested in figuring out a better system. They just want a national league, and apparently the quality doesn't matter that much.

Comment

lol they won't even be able to beat up LISC. Now the division is even more split than before with a few good clubs at the top like NYCFC and then a steep (like Ski jump steep) drop to the trash pile at the bottom. How does that help the top players in the region? I'd love to hear USSF spin that tale.

Comment

lol they won't even be able to beat up LISC. Now the division is even more split than before with a few good clubs at the top like NYCFC and then a steep (like Ski jump steep) drop to the trash pile at the bottom. How does that help the top players in the region? I'd love to hear USSF spin that tale.
                              LISC may actually even be better than Fury DA (the "A" team) at the younger age groups...several players left Fury.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X