Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I thought the talk of high school soccer was pretty strange to begin with. But more and more I am hearing that high school aged girls want to play high school soccer. I have been to some games and have to admit that the soccer isn't super disciplined, but it can be fun. When there is a cheering section of students that then come down onto the field after the games that is fun. Winning the league championship and getting a t-shirt to wear around school is nice. If you were Jesuit and won the state title, that would be a huge source of pride.

I don't know what the solution is for GDA, but it is pretty clear that banning high school soccer is hurting them across the country. GDA is not going to work if only 20% of their players are high quality.

Girls soccer in the US would be much better off if GDA closed up shop and the best players all gravitated to a fewer number of options. The best players need to play the best players.
    I feel like US Soccer has pull their rabbit from the magic hat right now and make a big club pick up announcement, or they can expect to be the #3 league in the nation for 2019/20

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X