Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I prefer one big payment instead of a lot of little payments.

Do the kids have to bring cash of the trips for food? Do they just fend for themselves?

Good for them to learn to manage wars of cash. If you drop $30 buying candy from the hotel convenience store you might run out of budget for breakfast on the last day. I know I learned that the hard way when I was traveling as a child.
    I would pack their food ahead of time and load into the suitcase. You could save serious dollars.

Comment

Timbers intern, here's a tip. Make your lie more believable. If you had said "we paid 7k last year and did about the same as you listed," people might actually have believed it. 15k is a laughable lie. But keep trying!
      We have the bills and receipts from last year it cost us 15K, we no idea you do more for only 5k. Quite a good deal. Appreciated the breakdown especially during 'tryout' time. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Serious question, do the TA DOC's still recommend girls to the thorns?

Comment

We have the bills and receipts from last year it cost us 15K, we no idea you do more for only 5k. Quite a good deal. Appreciated the breakdown especially during 'tryout' time. Thanks in advance.
          A family could in fact spend $15k on soccer with an ECNL club, if the family travels to every showcase event, instead of sending the player with chaperones and the team. And if they traveled with the GDA team to every showcase event, they would also spend $15k. But hey, club hop again and good luck to you. That's what you crazy Portland fools do.

Comment

A family could in fact spend $15k on soccer with an ECNL club, if the family travels to every showcase event, instead of sending the player with chaperones and the team. And if they traveled with the GDA team to every showcase event, they would also spend $15k. But hey, club hop again and good luck to you. That's what you crazy Portland fools do.
            We did it with our club that is dual registered in USYS & US Club, all travel was part of the US Club league and 'showcases' + a year end game format that was across the country. Let's be clear this 15K spend was just on the player none of the family we could afford to attend any of the travel events. Still can't believe it's offered for 5K with the Thorns DA. The catch is you don't play HS. Where do we tryout? Thanks

Comment

I would think the Thorns would need to demonstrate the benefit.

Comment

Pro clubs benefit their Academy players.

Parents spend their benefits at local clubs on travel.

It's all good.

Comment

There is no magic formula. The coaching at TA clubs can be as good or better. It’s all marketing.

Comment

There is no magic formula. The coaching at TA clubs can be as good or better. It’s all marketing.
                    Or better is the key...

Comment

I’d like to hear that!

Comment

We did it with our club that is dual registered in USYS & US Club, all travel was part of the US Club league and 'showcases' + a year end game format that was across the country. Let's be clear this 15K spend was just on the player none of the family we could afford to attend any of the travel events. Still can't believe it's offered for 5K with the Thorns DA. The catch is you don't play HS. Where do we tryout? Thanks
                        I call BS.

Comment

I don't think the Timbers Alliance directors are under any obligation to recommend the Thorns teams to players. If they don't think it is the best course for top .01% elite players they probably won't recommend.

I don't think the TA clubs get anything of any value from the thorns.

Comment

I call BS.
                            Don't feed the troll. Or in this case the Timbers intern.

Comment

I don't think the Timbers Alliance directors are under any obligation to recommend the Thorns teams to players. If they don't think it is the best course for top .01% elite players they probably won't recommend.

I don't think the TA clubs get anything of any value from the thorns.
                              There is no obligation.

Comment

Are spots for the thorns first come first served?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X