Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ball possession hahahaha at Smithtown your drunk go home

Smithtown kick and runners

With a side of kick and wish
    They play the body and not the ball.

Comment

This is comical. I'm seeing a hell of a lot more ball control from Smithtown than SUSA for example. JR couldn't teach ball control/possession if it slapped him in the face
      You sir have won the Internet

Comment

Yes she plays in the North Atlantic NL and to be honest, it's OK but I don't love it. The travel is very, very bearable because it's structured geographically, but that also limits the level of competition she plays. The competition is OK, but people shouldn't get caught up in "rankings" because it's easy enough to rack up GS points. There haven't been many games where the kids were really challenged or been forced to rise to the occasion and unfortunately this has really led to a level of complacency for a team that was really starting to click. A lot of the stronger teams that we would really like to play are in a different conference.

I'm also concerned about the mishagosh confusion of all the divisions and conferences, it feels a lot like LIJSL in that sense. I definitely preferred the old USYS structure, but you can't put that genie back in the bottle. My older daughter made it all the way to a Division 1 program (and she plays!!!) on her Region 1 team. There was a clear structure, exposure at big events, everyone knew where her team ranked amidst the alphabet soup. I feel the types of opportunities my older one was afforded will not be available to my younger one under this structure. I know people like to throw around platitudes like-oh they shop the player not the league or if your good, go to their ID clinic and show well or whatever...but it's really not that simple.

Anyhow the long and short of it is-if soccer is recreational for your daughter and she wants to play some solid games but still wants a life on the weekends, then EDP is great! If you're daughter is looking for something more, EDP could still be a great fit depending on her team. If your daughter is very committed and hoping to play past high school at a decent level, you might want to consider doing some research elsewhere.Good luck in whatever decision your family makes.
        Yup, yup and yup! Wake up people! The club is gonna sell you whatever they can to keep your $$$. We were in the same EXACT position last year when our club supposedly *left* NPL. although it was rumored they were dropped but they spun it like EDP was the wave of the future. I can tell you, it's not. It sucks. The competition in EDP makes my kid's high school JV team look like pros. Big showcase last week sucked and schlepping to freakin' Disney to play in front of a handful of D3 coaches really sucked.
        I'm in the same boat having had an older kid who was very successful in NPL but the NY one. I know things are different now, but this new EDP crap ain't the way. Half my kid's team has already contacted the EM-F'dale folks.

Comment

The mass exodus has begun in Smithtown.
          Callls calls and more calls !!!!
          Look at your best buddies (parents)on the team and know they are moving.
          They are now looking out for #1.

Comment

The way it should be. Smithtown is a club like the rest just looking for registrations

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Hmmm! 22 to a roster? $4,800-$5,000 to travel and sit for most of the game?

People know the benefits they have in staying in Smithtown. They don't have to pay $$$ to watch the other kids play!

While you may be regretting your decision to bounce around and scared for your kids team, the one thing you seem to be worried about is Smithtown. Why waste so much time trying trying to bash the club. It's very sad and pathetic on your end.

Comment

People know the benefits they have in staying in Smithtown. They don't have to pay $$$ to watch the other kids play!

While you may be regretting your decision to bounce around and scared for your kids team, the one thing you seem to be worried about is Smithtown. Why waste so much time trying trying to bash the club. It's very sad and pathetic on your end.
                So what you are saying is a roster of 18+ is worth it if the fees are less than SUSA's? Not saying Smithtown is a bad club but it seems that you are overlooking the details that matter

Comment

What's pathetic is Smithtown's obsession with Susa! Nobody gives a crap about Susa except the powers at be. We're all trying to figure out what's next and best for our kids and all you jerks care about is making sure we don't go to Susa. Here's a heads up, there's at least 3 options right now that are looking better than Smithtown and only 1 of them is Susa! Why don't you guys figure out a way to offer your paying customers some of the opportunities other clubs are offering instead of spending your days on chat boards complaining about Susa.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

What's pathetic is Smithtown's obsession with Susa! Nobody gives a crap about Susa except the powers at be. We're all trying to figure out what's next and best for our kids and all you jerks care about is making sure we don't go to Susa. Here's a heads up, there's at least 3 options right now that are looking better than Smithtown and only 1 of them is Susa! Why don't you guys figure out a way to offer your paying customers some of the opportunities other clubs are offering instead of spending your days on chat boards complaining about Susa.
                    Please, let's set the record straight
                    1- No one from Smithtown started this thread, they're the ones being bullied.
                    2- They're not mentioning SUSA, you are. I guess you're there. There are lots of other expensive options out there!
                    3- Why would you continue to attack their club? If they are not a threat to you get on with your life.

Comment

2- They're not mentioning SUSA, you are. I guess you're there. There are lots of other expensive options out there!
                      3- Why would you continue to attack their club? If they are not a threat to you get on with your life.
                      bullied ?? Seriously? How soft has this society become. Do you need a crying room?

Comment

Thanks for proving my point!!! I am a paying customer at Smithtown! Instead of addressing our questions and concerns, you automatically revert to blabbering some crap about Susa. Get it effing together man! I'm not attacking the club, I'm IN THE CLUB, but I'm really starting to question why! How about you guys answer some of the questions we've all been asking

Comment

Would love to know the other options!

Stonybrook?
                          Lake Grove?
                          Susa?

Exactly what others Suffolk County options are there with high level play?

Comment

Would love to know the other options!

Stonybrook?
                            Lake Grove?
                            Susa?

Exactly what others Suffolk County options are there with high level play?
                            Don't even think about dragging Stonybrook into your nonsense. Poster is right. Focus on fixing things within your own house instead of just trying to trash talk other clubs. Smithtown could certainly learn a lesson from Stonybrook on how to actually listen to their customers!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Thanks for proving my point!!! I am a paying customer at Smithtown! Instead of addressing our questions and concerns, you automatically revert to blabbering some crap about Susa. Get it effing together man! I'm not attacking the club, I'm IN THE CLUB, but I'm really starting to question why! How about you guys answer some of the questions we've all been asking
                              You're not a Smithtown parent. You'd know this all because all you had to do was ask at the meeting.

Smithtown is not the ones blabbering a lot of crap here. You are!

Comment

You're not a Smithtown parent. You'd know this all because all you had to do was ask at the meeting.

Smithtown is not the ones blabbering a lot of crap here. You are!
                                You really need to talk to your coaches then because I know I'm not the only one asking questions of them that they can't answer! (Not their fault though)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X