Indoor soccer and training?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not giving you my opinion on what is going to happen. I am only telling you what has been approved, speed training at gyms, futsal and basketball and outdoor practices. The opinion I gave is that indoor soccer hasn't been worth it for my team and resulted in injuries more than improved their game. As for the governors decisions we know those are in flux. Whatever we are approved to do we will do. If it means swimming over the winter we will swim. If it means cross country skiing our team will ski. We will find creative ways to stay fit and still work as a team as good coaches always do. What I won't do in our club is provide zoom practices as that is just added screen time that our team does not need.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Coach here.
      Futsal is easier to handle indoors as teams are much smaller. Great training.
      The 10 person rule is for inside homes not large complex it is about ventilation and square footage. This is why you can have more than 10 people in a grocery store.
      Plus people in homes don't wear masks, they do in stores and athletic clubs.

Indoor soccer has been a bit of a crap shoot for a few years anyway and my teams don't benefit from it, they end up with more injuries. I told my players to mix it up with agility, basketball and futsal in addition to outdoor practices on days that are 40s and above.

Facilities allowing futsal, basketball and practices are generally not letting parents inside.
      They are playing indoors at various facilities now

Comment

They are playing indoors at various facilities now
        Two weeks ago my kid was playing in CT.

Comment

Kids have been training all summer & fall inside the bubble at Union Point. What's the difference now or 2 weeks from now or a month from now compared to last week or 3 weeks ago or 2 months ago? Nothing!

The only thing different now is the # of people allowed inside. It's less so you'd thing its safer if you're now only allowed 60 instead of 100.

Comment

Kids have been training all summer & fall inside the bubble at Union Point. What's the difference now or 2 weeks from now or a month from now compared to last week or 3 weeks ago or 2 months ago? Nothing!

The only thing different now is the # of people allowed inside. It's less so you'd thing its safer if you're now only allowed 60 instead of 100.
            Didn’t Union Point host a super spreader event this fall?

Comment

In case you live in a cave here's what is different - cases were significantly lower all summer and early fall. Now they're spiking rapidly.

Comment

In the absence of virus, where can we get specific info in how to join a youth futsal team for training/games? Can anyone list a few youth futsal clubs, preferably close to south shore? We were able to find info in joining a league. However, nothing specific about options in joining a club/team

Comment

Two weeks ago my kid was playing in CT.
                  CT just changed all its rules this week

Comment

https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/assets...nes_111920.pdf
                    Being well aware that infections in our area are trending upward & that its been reported that kids are at a low risk for infections & spreads, we are hoping & certainly looking forward to, any indoor soccer activities when organized in a safe compliant manner. We have seen postings of futsal activities & those seem to be going well. Anyone hear of feedback about other indoor youth sports? Just praying that the kids can keep active...obviously safely

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X