Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor soccer and training?

Thoughts on whether there will be any indoor soccer or club training this winter? Most facilities do not have adequate ventilation in normal times. Are you willing to assume the risks? Do you expect clubs will try to extend outdoor training as an alternative?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thoughts on whether there will be any indoor soccer or club training this winter? Most facilities do not have adequate ventilation in normal times. Are you willing to assume the risks? Do you expect clubs will try to extend outdoor training as an alternative?
    Can you point me to the study that showed the ventilation adequacy of the indoor facilities?

Comment

Layer up buttercup. Indoors might not even be allowed let alone wanted. Clubs with their own turf or regular access to turf will have a big advantage. Even if indoor is allowed facilities will have to severely slash capacity and stagger switch overs so teams aren't waiting inside for their times.

Comment

There is a short supply of ventilation filters. Additionally many schools and other facilities do not have adequate ventilation during normal times.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/coro...ry?id=73177020

It’s outside or working out from home for my kid. My kid is fine with practicing outside, even with temps in the 30s. Layer up and get some hot chocolate after practice

Comment

It would be a lot better if parents weren't peering over the activity. If the sessions were just the coach and that team, it's manageable.

Good luck with that...

Comment

Forekicks posted an Instagram post yesterday that said no spectators allowed inside whatsoever

Mass Futsal is planing on using Forekicks facilities... in addition to the all the Forekicks leagues

I would say there is a chance, of course with masks and tighter rules than outdoors, and no locker-rooms

Comment

Forekicks posted an Instagram post yesterday that said no spectators allowed inside whatsoever

Mass Futsal is planing on using Forekicks facilities... in addition to the all the Forekicks leagues

I would say there is a chance, of course with masks and tighter rules than outdoors, and no locker-rooms
              Should not be allowed in current situation - like indoor dining-

Comment

of course there is going to be indoor soccer this winter. What planet are you on thinking there won't be? Kids need to get ready for spring soccer. This original poster sounds like a buttercup.

Comment

Don't have time to reply right now. Want to beat the crowds at Market Basket and Walmart.

Comment

of course there is going to be indoor soccer this winter. What planet are you on thinking there won't be? Kids need to get ready for spring soccer. This original poster sounds like a buttercup.
                    New Hampshire has shut down all indoor ice hockey in the state for two weeks due to a recent COVID outbreak with over 150 people contracting COVID traced to a number of different rinks. There is a real possibility that there will be limited indoor sports this winter.

Comment

100th post from the same guy that wants all of society shut down. This guy waits 2 weeks and posts the same non sense over and over. There is going to be indoor soccer. I can just imagine this dweeb locking his kids in their rooms for the past 6 months. Not letting them outside.

Comment

New Hampshire has shut down all indoor ice hockey in the state for two weeks due to a recent COVID outbreak with over 150 people contracting COVID traced to a number of different rinks. There is a real possibility that there will be limited indoor sports this winter.
                        Ever try to disinfect hockey equipment?

Comment

Will be fun trying get your money back

Comment

The kids will be playing outside. if the weather is 30 or above, i'd expect practice to be on. Buy extra under armour gear and maybe some cleats that accommodate thicker socks and hope for a winter without much snow.

Comment

The kids will be playing outside. if the weather is 30 or above, i'd expect practice to be on. Buy extra under armour gear and maybe some cleats that accommodate thicker socks and hope for a winter without much snow.
                              Turf sure. Most field operators (face it, most clubs rent) don't want anyone on the fields, ripping them up, over the winter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X