Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando City dropping the academy?

Interesting things going down inside the Osceola complex today. Is Flavio and OC getting out of the development academy and handing it off to two other local clubs to develop their homegrowns? It is going to be an interesting next 7 days for sure.

Did you see Santa Claus there too?

Comment

Flavio is a moron, so it wouldn't be all that surprising, but it is more likely that Flavio hires some unknown coaches from Brazil and overpays them to run the dumpster fire off of a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Interesting things going down inside the Osceola complex today. Is Flavio and OC getting out of the development academy and handing it off to two other local clubs to develop their homegrowns? It is going to be an interesting next 7 days for sure.
        What two clubs? OCYS and Ideasport?

Comment

The answer is yes. They already gave up the u13, 14, 16, and 18/19 to Ocys in a partnership agreement but already burned that deal. They will likely look to dump u15 and u17 next year once they add the new USL 2 team to go with OCB and MLS.

Comment

I wonder if this is related to a rumor we heard that he used money that was ear marked for the academy from the league and its sponsorship deals it has and used it for the pro side.
            I am not sure it such a bad thing though, we have produced the some good players from central Florida.

Comment

What two clubs? OCYS and Ideasport?
              more than likely OCYS and Rush.
              IdeaSport was turned down by MLS and likely will never be accepted into League 1.

Comment

More than likely shut uppppppp and get a life

Comment

More than likely shut uppppppp and get a life
                  Why someones butt hurt over this possible news. What a loser

Comment

I wonder if this is related to a rumor we heard that he used money that was ear marked for the academy from the league and its sponsorship deals it has and used it for the pro side.
                    I am not sure it such a bad thing though, we have produced the some good players from central Florida.
                    In a way, probably. I think it has everything to do with money. OC is currently not making any from the pro side and now they are expected to fully fund a academy, yeah I could see them going the route of Minnesota United and shut their academy down and let the other local clubs carry that burden.
                    BTW IMO MN is the best director we have ever had, I know some people do not think so. I get it when it comes to AL(total garbage) but MN and JC are the best we have had.

Comment

Many MLS clubs can't afford academies, even more so in Covid days. That's a big reason why they pulled out of DA and dropped the number of teams they'll cover. They get very little for their invested $ training a hundred kids or so, only to get maybe a homegrown once a year. the ones that are staying are focusing on the key age groups for talent identification

Comment

Many MLS clubs can't afford academies, even more so in Covid days. That's a big reason why they pulled out of DA and dropped the number of teams they'll cover. They get very little for their invested $ training a hundred kids or so, only to get maybe a homegrown once a year. the ones that are staying are focusing on the key age groups for talent identification
                        Agreed and I think spot on.

Comment

Two coaches came in today to find their office cleaned out and their items in boxes waiting for them at the front check in. Getting interesting down here.

Good luck guys and I am sorry to see you go through this.

Comment

Two coaches came in today to find their office cleaned out and their items in boxes waiting for them at the front check in. Getting interesting down here.

Good luck guys and I am sorry to see you go through this.
                            Was it NP and AL? That would make the most sense.

Comment

Was it NP and AL? That would make the most sense.
                              We heard that they were going to keep the U15's and U17's this year but drop them after this season from a friend over at Osceola training center. We hope they figure this out quickly, we move to U15's after this season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X