Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments

I thought this would be a good place to ask this question. How open & transparent are clubs about payments? Do clubs typically provide a line item budget for families to review? I’m being told this is not done for our club and it’s not something they provide families. We only receive a total payout amount for the year. Does this make sense? Is it normal this type of information is not make readily available to families?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I thought this would be a good place to ask this question. How open & transparent are clubs about payments? Do clubs typically provide a line item budget for families to review? I’m being told this is not done for our club and it’s not something they provide families. We only receive a total payout amount for the year. Does this make sense? Is it normal this type of information is not make readily available to families?
    Jesus H. Christ! Line item?! What?? It's youth soccer, it's not that complicated! Here are your line items:

$400 - Uniform
    $3600 - For the little else we do
    $2000-$8000 - Travel expenses depending on team, tournaments attended, and your accomodations
    $X - For anything we forgot to mention

Comment

Wow. So much hostility. You seem very angry.
      It was a simple question, that’s all.
      We have gotten them before at a diff club, it wasn’t a big deal. And yes, there was a lot more info included than what you listed.
      I was just curious if it was the norm or not. I was only looking for information. Seems like this isn’t the right place for that, I’m sorry.

Comment

Wow. So much hostility. You seem very angry.
        It was a simple question, that’s all.
        We have gotten them before at a diff club, it wasn’t a big deal. And yes, there was a lot more info included than what you listed.
        I was just curious if it was the norm or not. I was only looking for information. Seems like this isn’t the right place for that, I’m sorry.
        Sadly, while you would THINK this is the right place, it's not. Now, if you wanted to crow about your kid, their team, their league, and crap on everyone else...then you have found the right place. Otherwise, no.

From my experience when my D was starting, early on we got some details on what the "offer" covered. Since, for several years now, we don't see anything like that...

Comment

Thanks for your kind response, I appreciate it. Sounds like my experience previous years was not the norm. Which is just good to know.

It’s a shame this forum seems so negative. It really could be a great place to ask questions, share info and experiences. Especially for those of us that might be new to all of this.

It’s just kids soccer after all ⚽️❤️

Comment

Jesus H. Christ! Line item?! What?? It's youth soccer, it's not that complicated! Here are your line items:

$400 - Uniform
            $3600 - For the little else we do
            $2000-$8000 - Travel expenses depending on team, tournaments attended, and your accomodations
            $X - For anything we forgot to mention

at many clubs it does not work that way.

Comment

at many clubs it does not work that way.
              "At many clubs" = I have seen this once in my entire life .... 99.9999999999999999999999% of clubs bill you like this:

$450 - Kits must be purchased by July 31 (to ensure you have them by start of season)
              $900 - Due August 1
              $600 - Due October 1
              $600 - Due December 1
              Balance - Due Feb 1

Some clubs then pull ....
              Team members owe an additional $60 each for coaches fees for Columbus Day tournament (extra tournament played by team)

Did I miss anything?!

Comment

Uniform kit (every other year) paid for separately through vendor, orders go through in June = $350 (if you purchase a warm-up suit, not mandatory)

Tuition = $2700 (first payment $500 paid in August; remaining payments of $250 paid monthly)

Showcases = TBD (plan on $600-1000) depending on exact travel arraignments made by the club (i.e. hotel/plane if applicable); 2-3 per year payable upon request, usually just ahead of the event

Comment

"At many clubs" = I have seen this once in my entire life .... 99.9999999999999999999999% of clubs bill you like this:

$450 - Kits must be purchased by July 31 (to ensure you have them by start of season)
                  $900 - Due August 1
                  $600 - Due October 1
                  $600 - Due December 1
                  Balance - Due Feb 1

Some clubs then pull ....
                  Team members owe an additional $60 each for coaches fees for Columbus Day tournament (extra tournament played by team)

Did I miss anything?!
                  I agree that proper budgeting and management absolutely happens at large clubs with oversight and employs an administrator, however, at some smaller or volunteer clubs, it does not always work that way. What you listed above, does not happen at PA Classics, FC Delco, Penn Fusion or LMSC. Coaching fees go through the club, not the team manager. Some well known clubs (no names mentioned), still have a team manager that collects money every month. That money goes into a team account, and they pay the coach and expenses out of that account. That does not happen at higher level clubs. Some of these clubs shoot from the hip, and pay as they go, based off a loose budget given during the pre-season. This happens at some pretty well-known clubs throughout our area. Club accounting isn’t a priority at many clubs because it’s a challenge to manage with volunteers. At times additional expenses do occur at any club. Perhaps additional field or indoor rentals, an additional playing event pop up, but those are transparent.

Comment

Did I miss anything?!
                    By my math, that leaves one club, two at the most, who don't bill that way. Do you know which ones?

Comment

By my math, that leaves one club, two at the most, who don't bill that way. Do you know which ones?
                      I'm asserting that none do. Why would they? Are parents that stupid to believe? You're paying for kids soccer practices and games and someone to run those or administer those (coaches, refs, admins .....). Why would anyone want a break down more than here is the cost of soccer and here is the cost of uniforms? Honestly, here is your total cost would suffice, take it or leave it!

Comment

Acoutability

I'm asserting that none do. Why would they? Are parents that stupid to believe? You're paying for kids soccer practices and games and someone to run those or administer those (coaches, refs, admins .....). Why would anyone want a break down more than here is the cost of soccer and here is the cost of uniforms? Honestly, here is your total cost would suffice, take it or leave it!
                        Might be nice to know the person who forgot to obtain fields or refs or have 3 practices a week gets a six figure stipend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X