Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Forekicks III will charge $200 per hour to rent their fields, maybe even more, because that is what they charge at the other facilities. You have to be a club with high fees to really take advantage of that. See MPS and NEFC as examples.

Most of the other clubs referenced don't charge those fees, and might have trouble really taking advantage of it.
    Exactly. Look at their Marlboro facility. It is empty half of the time. It is mostly just MPS and NEFC in there plus the school right next to them I guess puts in a lot of money. I am actually shocked that they could open another one. The guy must be loaded.

Comment

Your speaking outside of your knowledgebase if you think this place will not prosper. As an investor in similar venues, I can tell you the population demographics of this location align themselves to possibly making this the most successful of the three. Sorry to say gang, but Soccer will not be the only date in this facility. Hoops will be a major contributor (if you need evidence of the need, take a ride by Mass Premier Courts in Foxboro ANY day of the week...it's Standing Room Only).

I get that many of you are sour on NEFC...that's not the primary driver here.
      I wish I had my $$$ in this deal !

Comment

Forekicks III will charge $200 per hour to rent their fields, maybe even more, because that is what they charge at the other facilities. You have to be a club with high fees to really take advantage of that. See MPS and NEFC as examples.

Most of the other clubs referenced don't charge those fees, and might have trouble really taking advantage of it.
        Time for some of those parents to get a real wake up call about what is going on with youth soccer. The cost is spiraling out of control. The days of some dad putting a club together so their kids can play soccer are over. First class coaching and facilities cost money. Parents are shelling out big dollars at more than NEFC and MPS. They are not even the most expensive clubs.

Comment

Your speaking outside of your knowledgebase if you think this place will not prosper. As an investor in similar venues, I can tell you the population demographics of this location align themselves to possibly making this the most successful of the three. Sorry to say gang, but Soccer will not be the only date in this facility. Hoops will be a major contributor (if you need evidence of the need, take a ride by Mass Premier Courts in Foxboro ANY day of the week...it's Standing Room Only).

Only Fred is pissed off with NEFC. The rest have job applications in with them.

Comment

where was this announced?

Comment

I don't think this place is going to fail, it clearly is well researched and there is a business model.

The FK facility is empty a lot, but it's not about that. They charge a premium to use the facility and are frugal with how they give out time. That's not the case at a lot of these other facilities, who sometimes bend over backwards for the customer and then get bit in the behind.

FK will not let you play without paying your bill, and that bill is high. They don't treat you poorly, but they also don't waste money.

That's why they're successful.

I think the clubs in the area that have lower fees will probably play soccer there indoors but may not simply shell out the money to use it as their indoor training facility.

Comment

Only Fred is pissed off with NEFC. The rest have job applications in with them.
                put down the pipe dude

Comment

I don't think this place is going to fail, it clearly is well researched and there is a business model.

The FK facility is empty a lot, but it's not about that. They charge a premium to use the facility and are frugal with how they give out time. That's not the case at a lot of these other facilities, who sometimes bend over backwards for the customer and then get bit in the behind.

FK will not let you play without paying your bill, and that bill is high. They don't treat you poorly, but they also don't waste money.

That's why they're successful.

I think the clubs in the area that have lower fees will probably play soccer there indoors but may not simply shell out the money to use it as their indoor training facility.
                  They defintely don't waste money but when they opened up Marlboro they were looking for more investors. Will that be the case here? Does anyone know if the guys who were going to build BCL jumped in and invested in this?

Comment

put down the pipe dude
                    Fred is using it as a snorkle.

Comment

I am Taunton resident and soccer coach for 20 plus years within the region. As excited as I am to see this coming to Taunton, the biggest factor will be cost for those particpating. Most of the die hard soccer folks within this region are not willing to shell the overpriced cost to enter a team or rent.

Comment

I am Taunton resident and soccer coach for 20 plus years within the region. As excited as I am to see this coming to Taunton, the biggest factor will be cost for those particpating. Most of the die hard soccer folks within this region are not willing to shell the overpriced cost to enter a team or rent.
                        I'm sure once you walk in there though and see how impressive it is, it will be tougher to pass up.

Comment

I'm sure once you walk in there though and see how impressive it is, it will be tougher to pass up.
                          Sound like something PM would say!

Comment

You will once you start losing all of your players to NEFC. The parents will want the facility and won't put up with practicing in dumps or on school gyms once they get a taste of it. Saw it happen in Metrowest.

Comment

You will once you start losing all of your players to NEFC. The parents will want the facility and won't put up with practicing in dumps or on school gyms once they get a taste of it. Saw it happen in Metrowest.

Not worried about my players! Cost isn't always quality for a player! Sell you BS to parents and coaches who don't know better.

We rent a gym and let them play. Much more cost effective and players get more out of it.

Do so more research, the same caliber players are benefiting with this process both at the club, state, and high school level? Maybe this is why you would let the group into the NEFC preason tourney.

Comment

Not worried about my players! Cost isn't always quality for a player! Sell you BS to parents and coaches who don't know better.

We rent a gym and let them play. Much more cost effective and players get more out of it.

Do so more research, the same caliber players are benefiting with this process both at the club, state, and high school level? Maybe this is why you would let the group into the NEFC preason tourney.

* wouldn't

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X