Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Sunday afternoons?

Despite the inclusion of many town programs, Maple continues to ruin my Sunday afternoons.
    Can we go on strike, have a work stoppage, form a new league?
    What a travesty...

When else would you suggest they play. Town soccer has Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Monday morning. Screw school.

Comment

Monday morning. Screw school.
        It's bush's fault.

Comment

Despite the inclusion of many town programs, Maple continues to ruin my Sunday afternoons.
          What a travesty...
          MAPLE?, MAPLE? ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Can you read? Maple has included many town teams. Soccer is meant to be played on Saturdays. Sundays are for football.

Comment

What a travesty...
              Get a life you loser! None of these players or leagues would be in existence if it weren't for town soccer on Saturdays.

Comment

What a travesty...
                For years, our weekends were littered with kids events. There was no such thing as an available 3 day weekend, only what tournament we were going to. Now the house is quiet and all the weekends are free. Advice: enjoy it while you can. Quiet is overrated.

Comment

For years, our weekends were littered with kids events. There was no such thing as an available 3 day weekend, only what tournament we were going to. Now the house is quiet and all the weekends are free. Advice: enjoy it while you can. Quiet is overrated.
                  Agreed, as chaotic as it seems to be when you are in the moment most will miss it dearly when it is all over. It is a way of life.

Comment

Can you read? Maple has included many town teams. Soccer is meant to be played on Saturdays. Sundays are for football.

Right.....this is Futbol....and it can be played every day.
                    am I to assume that because NEP does not have town teams, that this would not ruin your Sunday afternoon the same way MAPLE apparently does?

Comment

I love having my weekends filled with soccer, and the coming home to watching the Pats on my DVR. I will definitely miss it when it's over. Relax and enjoy your kids.

Comment

Right.....this is Futbol....and it can be played every day.
                        am I to assume that because NEP does not have town teams, that this would not ruin your Sunday afternoon the same way MAPLE apparently does?
                        Good to see the defenders of all things town are out.
                        If you are capable of logical thinking, one could deduce from the majority of posts on t/s that town soccer is the Lucifer of the athletic world and that ecnl, nep, maple, npl, reg1, etc are the leagues of the Heavens, which ironically, should mean that they are indeed, played on Sunday.
                        But logic is quickly left behind on t/s so if Maple and other acronyms have usurped the town programs, why not move all matches to Saturday.
                        Is there no longer a need for town?

Ps. nice try with nep. Their teams are so bad that even a crap town program would beat most of them and i just spent Labor day weekend watching that exact scenario unfold. Take a look at Global Pieces of Shyte (GPS) 800 teams at u10 and then tell me town is not involved with nep.

Comment

Good to see the defenders of all things town are out.
                          If you are capable of logical thinking, one could deduce from the majority of posts on t/s that town soccer is the Lucifer of the athletic world and that ecnl, nep, maple, npl, reg1, etc are the leagues of the Heavens, which ironically, should mean that they are indeed, played on Sunday.
                          But logic is quickly left behind on t/s so if Maple and other acronyms have usurped the town programs, why not move all matches to Saturday.
                          Is there no longer a need for town?

Ps. nice try with nep. Their teams are so bad that even a crap town program would beat most of them and i just spent Labor day weekend watching that exact scenario unfold. Take a look at Global Pieces of Shyte (GPS) 800 teams at u10 and then tell me town is not involved with nep.

Shooting from the hip??
                          Is MAPLE an acronym?
                          There will always be a need for town soccer regardless of what town programs decide to do with their top teams. The town teams probably offer more per dollar than the club teams do. Since the town teams do not charge much, their value is high if they find a dad-coach that can coach. Also, many parents do not want nothing to do with the club soccer. Therefore town programs will always be needed.

Making any statement about U10 soccer at the club level is a crap shoot. You just never know what you get. It is essentially town soccer, or at least at the beginning of the fall season. However, the GPS npl teams at the older ages, U13 and older, are, in fact, very strong and would kick the 'shyte' out of any town team of similar ages.

Comment

Shooting from the hip??
                            Is MAPLE an acronym?
                            There will always be a need for town soccer regardless of what town programs decide to do with their top teams. The town teams probably offer more per dollar than the club teams do. Since the town teams do not charge much, their value is high if they find a dad-coach that can coach. Also, many parents do not want nothing to do with the club soccer. Therefore town programs will always be needed.

Making any statement about U10 soccer at the club level is a crap shoot. You just never know what you get. It is essentially town soccer, or at least at the beginning of the fall season. However, the GPS npl teams at the older ages, U13 and older, are, in fact, very strong and would kick the 'shyte' out of any town team of similar ages.
                            Massachusetts premier league

Comment

Shooting from the hip??
                              Is MAPLE an acronym?

Agree there will always a need for town soccer. Most start off with town soccer but there are other factors as well. Not all families can afford club soccer and for those who can't town provides them the opportunity to play at a reasonable fee. So before those of you who be-little town consider yourself financially fortunate to do so while others cannot.

My kids were fortunate, started with town went to club and both play college albeit D2 and D3 but play and enjoy it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X