Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was a joke. I actually agree with the above poster who said they sometimes need to be moved up to get the level of competition they need to prepare for ECNL. Let's see how the season goes.
    Looks like both U12s teams are very competitive and placed correctly in nep after looking at results. Maybe not such a bad decision as previously stated posters.

Comment

Looks like both U12s teams are very competitive and placed correctly in nep after looking at results. Maybe not such a bad decision as previously stated posters.
      this is why MA soccer is a joke-

Comment

this is why MA soccer is a joke-
        Do tell ??

Comment

Do tell ??
          I'll take a stab at it. Obsession with status and results today over actual development for the future?

Comment

I'll take a stab at it. Obsession with status and results today over actual development for the future?
            I don't get it. My kid is still in u10 so just for my understanding explain further how this one u12 pre ecnl team playing in u13 top brkt in nep is being undeveloped ?
            They just defeated a very strong u13 team that finished in first place in nep springtime. Would you have them play u12's and win 10-0 ? It that development ?

Yes my girl plays up in u11 so I have an interest.

Comment

I don't get it. My kid is still in u10 so just for my understanding explain further how this one u12 pre ecnl team playing in u13 top brkt in nep is being undeveloped ?
              They just defeated a very strong u13 team that finished in first place in nep springtime. Would you have them play u12's and win 10-0 ? It that development ?

Yes my girl plays up in u11 so I have an interest.
              exaclty. Ma soccer leagues are spread thin from political reasons and provide no competitive notion of scheduling appropriate teams against one another, hence youngsters are forced into dangerous situations against heavier and angrier teams when age-appopriate competition is doing the same in another league. utter nonsense.

- evidenced on this list by all the "elite" teams playing up. Ask yourself, are they in the same league? play each other? no!

messed up

Comment

Thank you. How can we fix this? I see your point.

Comment

I'd say the only real fix would be less teams and one league. Not happening so you will still have U11's playing in U13 divisions to get the needed competition.

Comment

exaclty. Ma soccer leagues are spread thin from political reasons and provide no competitive notion of scheduling appropriate teams against one another, hence youngsters are forced into dangerous situations against heavier and angrier teams when age-appopriate competition is doing the same in another league. utter nonsense.

- evidenced on this list by all the "elite" teams playing up. Ask yourself, are they in the same league? play each other? no!

messed up
                    I completely agree. My U11 played on a U12 team playing "up" in a U13 division last weekend. It's like injuries waiting to happen. Yes you can be small and very skilled. But a hit or a shove or whatever by a 5'4 girl 130 pounds solid muscle on a 4'8 girl 88 pounds can still be dangerous.

I wish the top U11/U12 teams could all be together in one bracket against one another instead of some playing in U12/U13, and in different brackets. Crazy.

Comment

I completely agree. My U11 played on a U12 team playing "up" in a U13 division last weekend. It's like injuries waiting to happen. Yes you can be small and very skilled. But a hit or a shove or whatever by a 5'4 girl 130 pounds solid muscle on a 4'8 girl 88 pounds can still be dangerous.

I wish the top U11/U12 teams could all be together in one bracket against one another instead of some playing in U12/U13, and in different brackets. Crazy.
                      This is exactly the problem. Look at the some of the groups in NEP girls. Many have several teams playing up. Why not have some relegation and have the top teams of the same age play in the same group? Hmm, that used to be how Maple was done and then NEP came along and said "no one gets relegated. By the way you also see this on the boys side for U12's playing up into U13 (to play 11v11). It is also very common in the mid-Atlantic states to see teams playing up during the season and then play their age group for tournaments.

The injuries will come, especially when on poor playing conditions (cold, wet grass or poor a field). When playing field is not in good shape, the game devolves into kick and run (since the ball bounces so much when it is passed) and the smaller kids get clobbered.

Comment

Playing up also gives the club a perfect out when things start going south - "well we're playing up so we're not going to win as many games"

Playing up one age group may be appropriate for the occasional super-stud player at a younger age. But at some point, around U11/U12 they need to play age-appropriate. To take an entire team and move them up, when there are big variations in size and ability, is crazy.

Comment

No need to have less teams ... just non-exclusive leagues.

I'd say the only real fix would be less teams and one league. Not happening so you will still have U11's playing in U13 divisions to get the needed competition.
                          pretty sure that big cajones organization(s) could band together , hold a self-enrolled "tournament" for those who are not categorized by gotsoccer or other criteria and create leagues that do not exclude ... No need to have less teams ... just non-exclusive leagues.

this whole nep v maple nonsense weakens MA soccer - top clubs are all going out of state for competition.

-isn't there a US club soccer MA rep who can set some "goals" for this [sorry] state?

Comment

We had three teams play up in our group in the NEP last year. A complete waste of our time. Blow outs each time we had to face the younger "super" team. Ruined the season.

Comment

We had three teams play up in our group in the NEP last year. A complete waste of our time. Blow outs each time we had to face the younger "super" team. Ruined the season.
                              meaning your older team blew out the super team?

seems to be working ok in maple U13 where one u12 team is playing up. same for nep--3 u12 teams are playing up in u13. close matches for the most part with 2/4 teams winning, one tie, and one loss for the u12 teams. we'll see how the season goes.

Comment

A bit past half point of the season and league play. Interested in hearing from teams parents playing age appropriate what the thoughts are on younger ages playing up in their division......
                                Match, mismatch or does your team play a differently to keep it competitive ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X