Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are lots of great matches like this every year....Brandeis vs Wheaton, Brandeis vs Babson, Williams vs RPI, Rochester vs Wash U, Gordon vs Roger Williams, etc, etc, etc
    And not a single player on the pitch in any of those games will have just a town and high school soccer background.

Comment

GREAT more D3 talk !!!Can't wait to read all the parents post since no one besides parent really care about D3
      Lighten up Francis, don't be an Ahole all your life. Just because you were picked on growing up and no one likes you now dont take your hatred and arrogance on on others. No one is forcing to read his post.

Comment

agreed..if its about soccer and is at least a healthy dialogue based upon facts or opinions that are not personal attacks, go for it...I personally don't have a huge interest in D3 soccer at this point, but I would rather read a real discussion than the usual nonsense with people simply attacking each other...let the elitists who think that their little mia or landon is gonna be a soccer star go have their ******* contests elsewhere

Comment

agreed..if its about soccer and is at least a healthy dialogue based upon facts or opinions that are not personal attacks, go for it...I personally don't have a huge interest in D3 soccer at this point, but I would rather read a real discussion than the usual nonsense with people simply attacking each other...let the elitists who think that their little mia or landon is gonna be a soccer star go have their ******* contests elsewhere
          Agree...can we please have one discussion thread without all the nonsense?!

Comment

Agree...can we please have one discussion thread without all the nonsense?!
            Honestly, then why just limit this discussion to just D3 if that was really the goal. Certainly is some good soccer being played at the D2 level. Why pander to just the loons who only see the world of college soccer through the lens of one or two D3 conferences?

Comment

Honestly, then why just limit this discussion to just D3 if that was really the goal. Certainly is some good soccer being played at the D2 level. Why pander to just the loons who only see the world of college soccer through the lens of one or two D3 conferences?
              Geez, BTDT, take a break already. Now you need to legislate what threads with what topics can be generated? I'm sure you know how to start a D2 thread if you want, or a MASCAC-specific thread if you want. Why don't you preview the upcoming MASCAC Women's season for us? Please, something constructive for once.

Comment

Geez, Perspective, take a break already. Now you need to legislate what threads with what topics can be generated? I'm sure you know how to shut down a D2 thread if you want, or start a NESCAC-specific thread if you want. Why don't you preview something more than the upcoming NESCAC men's season for us? Please, something constructive for once.

Comment

Why do some of the posters seem so angry? Personally, I'd like to read a D3 soccer thread every once in a while during the season, because my daughter plays D3 soccer in Massachusetts in a league other than the NESCAC, and I would find it interesting to see what's going on in the state at this level of play. So I think this is a nice idea and appreciate the original poster's having started the thread. I don't imagine that very many people who don't have children playing D3 soccer on some team in Massachusetts would be interested in the subject, but I am.

I'll toss in an opinion based on my admittedly limited observations: Based on what I saw in their game against my daughter's team last year, I think MIT has the potential to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament; I thought they looked very deep, and their main goal scorer, who went on to be conference Player of the Year and who didn't graduate, was the most creative offensive player I saw in twenty or so games. They had a little trouble scoring last year, but they looked to me like they had the talent to become a powerful offensive team with another year together. I think they might be very good this year.

(Based on what I've read on this thread, maybe I should note that I've never had a child who attended MIT and have no connection to that University. I just liked the way they played in the three games I've seen them play).

Comment

Why do some of the posters seem so angry? Personally, I'd like to read a D3 soccer thread every once in a while during the season, because my daughter plays D3 soccer in Massachusetts in a league other than the NESCAC, and I would find it interesting to see what's going on in the state at this level of play. So I think this is a nice idea and appreciate the original poster's having started the thread. I don't imagine that very many people who don't have children playing D3 soccer on some team in Massachusetts would be interested in the subject, but I am.

I'll toss in an opinion based on my admittedly limited observations: Based on what I saw in their game against my daughter's team last year, I think MIT has the potential to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament; I thought they looked very deep, and their main goal scorer, who went on to be conference Player of the Year and who didn't graduate, was the most creative offensive player I saw in twenty or so games. They had a little trouble scoring last year, but they looked to me like they had the talent to become a powerful offensive team with another year together. I think they might be very good this year.

(Based on what I've read on this thread, maybe I should note that I've never had a child who attended MIT and have no connection to that University. I just liked the way they played in the three games I've seen them play).
                    Do you think MIT will win the NEWMAC, then? What other schools will contend for the NEWMAC title?

Comment

I thought Springfield, Wheaton, and MIT were all about equally good last year, and I assume they'll all be good again; the only small caveat I would have is that Springfield had a defender who I thought was fantastic -- really an extraordinary player for D3, the kind whose performance sort of jumps out at you -- and she graduated. On the other hand, Springfield looked very, very deep, so I imagine they'll have a good replacement. The other NEWMAC team that stood out for me last year in the games that they played against my daughter's team (which is Wellesley) was Babson. The two teams played two really enjoyable games against each other, and I thought Babson had great teamwork and talented players. I understand they went to pk's in the semi-finals against MIT, but lost.

I won't talk about my daughter's team, and I don't really know or remember enough about the other teams to have an opinion about their title chances, but I would think that, at the least, all four of the teams I mentioned in the last paragraph should contend in that league.

Comment

I thought Springfield, Wheaton, and MIT were all about equally good last year, and I assume they'll all be good again; the only small caveat I would have is that Springfield had a defender who I thought was fantastic -- really an extraordinary player for D3, the kind whose performance sort of jumps out at you -- and she graduated. On the other hand, Springfield looked very, very deep, so I imagine they'll have a good replacement. The other NEWMAC team that stood out for me last year in the games that they played against my daughter's team (which is Wellesley) was Babson. The two teams played two really enjoyable games against each other, and I thought Babson had great teamwork and talented players. I understand they went to pk's in the semi-finals against MIT, but lost.

I won't talk about my daughter's team, and I don't really know or remember enough about the other teams to have an opinion about their title chances, but I would think that, at the least, all four of the teams I mentioned in the last paragraph should contend in that league.
                        Thank you for the analysis. It is consistent with my limited observations of the league. I, too, will be cheering for Wellesley (a friend's daughter plays on the team). Scoring could be an issue with the departure of LJF, but I'm sure some of the younger players will step up.

Comment

MANY people ARE interested because 95% of the kids playing college soccer from Massachusetts are in fact playing D3, as will 95% of the kids coming through the ranks who will eventually play college soccer. There are good reasons why the D3 threads are so popular. Someone mentioned the NESCAC thread being at 100,000 views, which was another thread started by P.

Comment

MANY people ARE interested because 95% of the kids playing college soccer from Massachusetts are in fact playing D3, as will 95% of the kids coming through the ranks who will eventually play college soccer. There are good reasons why the D3 threads are so popular. Someone mentioned the NESCAC thread being at 100,000 views, which was another thread started by P.
                            Same reason why you have so much interest in high school soccer. It is just another thing they can be involved in with their kids. Some of them would even go on their kid's honeymoons if they could.

Comment

Same reason why you have so much interest in high school soccer. It is just another thing they can be involved in with their kids. Some of them would even go on their kid's honeymoons if they could.
                              And why are YOU here every single day of your life?

Comment

I recall someone posting the 2014 MIT recruits in another thread. It was an impressive list, iirc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X