Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I cant get the links to copy on my phone but google Wes Turner and Northeastern men's soccer and you'll find several hits including from the university. One was dated end of August. NU talks about him then cuts him? Very strange.
    Are you alright?

Comment

You sure know a lot about NU Soccer? BA is this you?
      Yeah, I'm sure he is checking TS from the sideline at Harvard.

Comment

Are you alright?
        What a NU fail at Harvard.

Comment

And so we have Harvard playing Northeastern, with the following stats:

Harvard has won three straight, including quality win over BC.

Northeastern has lost 5 of its last 6 with its only win a nailbiting, last second OT victory over lowly UML.

Head to head, NU lost to Hartford 1-0 and Harvard beat them 4-1.

This all adds up to an easy win Harvard.

I don't think that is what will happen.
          WOW are the NU outside backs dreadful

Comment

WOW are the NU outside backs dreadful
            So let me get this straight. NU up 2-0 with 17 to play. Three Harvard goals later, it's over. Very painful to watch that I would think.

Comment

So let me get this straight. NU up 2-0 with 17 to play. Three Harvard goals later, it's over. Very painful to watch that I would think.
              And 3 different MA players figuring on each of Harvard's goals. Stay local.

Comment

You should watch before you decide to post, because I did. Officiating was dreadful.

Comment

You should watch before you decide to post, because I did. Officiating was dreadful.
                  It may have been, but it won't change the score.

Comment

I watched - NU has good, fast but mostly small guys; its kinda like a very good D3 team. Harvard has had 3 games since BC last week.. and they came out tired and flat. When they got down 2:0 and desperate, they found some energy, and then the smaller NU players couldn't handle their speed and strength. If this wasn't Harvard's 4th game in a week, NU would have been blown out in the first half.

Comment

The sh*t-eating grin on BA as he walked onto the field 45 seconds after a volley outside the area sent him home with an certainly unexpected loss was.... priceless.. Let him take his foul mouth back to Boston

Comment

I watched - NU has good, fast but mostly small guys; its kinda like a very good D3 team. Harvard has had 3 games since BC last week.. and they came out tired and flat. When they got down 2:0 and desperate, they found some energy, and then the smaller NU players couldn't handle their speed and strength. If this wasn't Harvard's 4th game in a week, NU would have been blown out in the first half.
                        #23 is no small player.

Comment

I don't agree. Harvard does not have more speed and strength, and they only have the one big guy. Not at all impressed with their brand of soccer. NU missed some sitters and that was the difference. Especially on the counter attack immediately following the goal to tie it up. Officiating was dreadful.

Comment

Check your facts...

Half the Harvard roster (15 guys) is over 6 foot and nobody is below 5'9". The NU roster - 8 guys are listed at below 5'9" (several at 5'6") and 8 are at least 6 foot. I'm not saying big is better - but with too many small guys, you will lose a physical game.. and that's what happened.

Comment

And 3 different MA players figuring on each of Harvard's goals. Stay local.
                              And one from MA who scored for NU.

Tough loss for NU. I hope they hang in there. They have been on the wrong end of too many very close games. But, when it turns for them, it could go the other way very quickly. One of my boys played college soccer (not giving any more info here for the vultures) and in one of his four years they went 0-7 for their first games and then rang up 10 straight.

Finally all the NU bashers on this board are mostly idiots whose kids are not playing or will not play D1, I can guarantee that. No one who has a kid playing at this level posts crap like that.

You can smell them before they enter the room

Jealousy is a very ugly and weak trait

Comment

I don't think anyone is bashing NU - and plenty of the locals are supporters. BA on the other hand is pretty polarizing - people either love him or hate him - that's where the comments come from. His theatrics and filthy mouth - which his players copy - are aimed at getting the opposing team to lose their cool - he makes the game ugly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X