•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to Meehan. Hopefully she did not tear her achilles

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Being in the ACC you can play whoever you want and it doesn't kill your RPI. 7 of the best w soccer programs are in the ACC. Florida St. North Carolina. Duke. Wake Forest. Va Tech. Virginia. Boston College.
      What does "7 of the best" mean? 7 of the best 275?

Comment

Not good for the eagles but they will still be a force maybe not sweet 16 but still best in New England
        Steering clear of UConn was smart. Easier to make the "best in New England" case when you don't play the teams that will beat you.

Comment

I think UCONN will be the best team in new England this season. We will find out soon, only a couple of weeks away.

Comment

what happened to Meehan. Hopefully she did not tear her achilles
            Not sure if it's a real recent injury because she made the final cut for the u20 roster that was posted 2 weeks ago. Also, a real surprise to see MA didn't make the roster. Wonder if that's an injury issue.

Comment

Not sure if it's a real recent injury because she made the final cut for the u20 roster that was posted 2 weeks ago. Also, a real surprise to see MA didn't make the roster. Wonder if that's an injury issue.
              Very recent injury. She was replaced on the u20 roster by Rachael Hill from UConn.

I have heard no indication of an injury to Andrews.

Comment

Very recent injury. She was replaced on the u20 roster by Rachael Hill from UConn.

Andrews cut.

Comment

No injury to Andrews. She didn't play well during the qualification tournament and lost her spot to some of the other mids who were a little more fit and technically stronger.

Not quite a no brainer, but probably a good choice. (now if the full national team could start making similar decisions instead of keeping players for life, we'd be heading in the right direction.)

Comment

No injury to Andrews. She didn't play well during the qualification tournament and lost her spot to some of the other mids who were a little more fit and technically stronger.

Not quite a no brainer, but probably a good choice. (now if the full national team could start making similar decisions instead of keeping players for life, we'd be heading in the right direction.)
                    I'm finding this hard to believe. She has been a team captain and was being groomed to an eventual full team spot at some future sate. Plus she's been designated a central defender not a midfielder for the YNTs.

Comment

I'm finding this hard to believe. She has been a team captain and was being groomed to an eventual full team spot at some future sate. Plus she's been designated a central defender not a midfielder for the YNTs.
                      You didn't follow the qualifying tournament, did you?

She didn't start either of the playoff matches and didn't play a single game in defense the entire tournament.

Comment

Have you ever seen her play? Is there anyone here who has actually seen her play and was impressed? She's big and strong - some coaches eat that up. I think she should have stuck with football.

Comment

Have you ever seen her play? Is there anyone here who has actually seen her play and was impressed? She's big and strong - some coaches eat that up. I think she should have stuck with football.
                          Geez, what an ignorant comment. Was your kid ACC Rookie of the Year? Should a player rated #1 in the country coming out of high school who wins Rookie of the Year in the best conference in the country really switch to another sport? If that's the case, who exactly should play?

Comment

You didn't follow the qualifying tournament, did you?

She didn't start either of the playoff matches and didn't play a single game in defense the entire tournament.
                            No, you are right. I didn't. But I am flabbergasted after all the previous NT coaches had to say about her. For her not even to make the roster is a huge surprise. Maybe she too was believing too much of what was writren about her and they felt she neesed a wake up to continue to advance. This will certainly show what's she's maee of.

Comment

Geez, what an ignorant comment. Was your kid ACC Rookie of the Year? Should a player rated #1 in the country coming out of high school who wins Rookie of the Year in the best conference in the country really switch to another sport? If that's the case, who exactly should play?
                              Well, it would open up at least one spot for my daughter.

Seriously, I'm not saying she isn't a great player. Just unbelievably overhyped. I saw her play in HS when she was already quite well known and recall being really underwhelmed. The hype machine is still going. It takes longer for it to die down in soccer as opposed to other sports.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1334795]No, you are right. I didn't. But I am flabbergasted after all the previous NT coaches had to say about her. For her not even to make the roster is a huge surprise. Maybe she too was believing too much of what was writren about her and they felt she neesed a wake up to continue to advance. This will certainly show what's she's maee of.[/QUOTE

Agreed! Sometimes a little set back can really help a player in the long run. Time for a little life lesson I guess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X