• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ya, all just one big happy family now.
    A new building block set for teams.

Comment

"Steal" is an interesting word choice.
      What this does is excite the RI folks who will now be looking for the merger to offer them a leg up out of the Rhode Island leagues. The poster's point was many of them are likely to end up disappointed. Any top players will be poached for the MA-based Elite squads. The rest will continue to languish in RI, except now minus their couple of impact players.

Comment

Having experienced both NEFC and MPS, I would send my players to NEFC any day. The quality is much better. I truly hope NEFC does not lose this edge as they get bigger.
        All of this negative posturing will be quite interesting once NEFC the Breakers and the Bolts merge to form the first truly elite club in Mass with both ECNL and DAP

Comment

What this does is excite the RI folks who will now be looking for the merger to offer them a leg up out of the Rhode Island leagues. The poster's point was many of them are likely to end up disappointed. Any top players will be poached for the MA-based Elite squads. The rest will continue to languish in RI, except now minus their couple of impact players.
          Now "poached". Why shouldnt a kid play at the highest level he/she can?

Comment

All of this negative posturing will be quite interesting once NEFC the Breakers and the Bolts merge to form the first truly elite club in Mass with both ECNL and DAP
            That would be a coup.

Comment

Now "poached". Why shouldnt a kid play at the highest level he/she can?
              No question, they should. It's more about managing the expectations the ones that get left behind and who quickly become disgruntled with these type of mergers.

Comment

Why is is it that every conversation on this forum always ends up being about ENCL? What we care about is DAP and will one of the big dogs ever get DAP status.

Why is it that every forum automatically assume that the only purpose of a merger is to solidify another girls program?

Comment

i'm from CT, i don't like the whole massive club with multiple branches concept. but NEFC's top team in every age group from u-11 to u-14 are great… any mass poster that says otherwise is delusional/jealous...
                  Hate to burst your bubble but the NEFC U11 team is not good and is most definitely not great.

Comment

Why is it that every forum automatically assume that the only purpose of a merger is to solidify another girls program?
                    I think the NEFC / BW "merger" was definitely more about picking up some stronger boys teams in the region for NEFC and NEFC SC. I think there will be affects across all teams, but Blackwatch has been more known for its stronger boys teams than its girls teams (with a few exceptions).

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble but the NEFC U11 team is not good and is most definitely not great.
                      NEFC U11 team not good? Why because they lost 1 game the entire year?

Comment

Too many egos for that to ever work

Comment

"Lucy you got some splaining to do"

Imagine the conversation today between BB and JD

JD... Hey I thought you were going bring in all of the South Coast for us?

BB... It's that damn TS and that famous NEFC parent. Everyone hates us now.

JD... I don't pay for excuses, you better figure out a way to turn this around or you are gone

BB... I will, I will. Maybe we can sell the idea that we charter flights so everyone saves money

JD... Stupid we already tried something like that and then everyone got bagged with change fees

BB... Maybe we can sell them that travel is necessary to get recruited

JD... You can't be serious, no one is that stupid these days.

BB... What about the idea that our teams are the only ones all the players actually show up for games and practices

JD... You can say that, the mommies will all nail us to a cross when we bench their kids for going to CCD or something like that. Really, is this all that you got??

BB... Sorry boss.

Comment

great post, but BB would never apologize. He'll just sell the same stealing players story on his way to the next club

Comment

Imagine the conversation today between BB and JD

JD... Hey I thought you were going bring in all of the South Coast for us?

BB... It's that damn TS and that famous NEFC parent. Everyone hates us now.

JD... I don't pay for excuses, you better figure out a way to turn this around or you are gone

BB... I will, I will. Maybe we can sell the idea that we charter flights so everyone saves money

JD... Stupid we already tried something like that and then everyone got bagged with change fees

BB... Maybe we can sell them that travel is necessary to get recruited

JD... You can't be serious, no one is that stupid these days.

BB... What about the idea that our teams are the only ones all the players actually show up for games and practices

JD... You can say that, the mommies will all nail us to a cross when we bench their kids for going to CCD or something like that. Really, is this all that you got??

BB... Sorry boss.
                              It goes more like this:

JD...What's up mate, what the heck is going on in South Coast?

BB... PM told me he had it all worked out and he was going to get all these players and then bring them over to us before tryouts.

JD... Tell PM if he wants to keep getting his money from stars that he better start turning things around in our favor. He told us NEFC wouldn't come in and buy out a club.

BB...I don't know boss, in our secret meetings, he tells me we are all set.

JD... Stars nation isn't going to be happy with this lack of leadership on your part BB. Get on top of it or you whilst be gone soon.

BB...OK boss but we have a lot of work to do.

JD...Get it done mate!!

Comment

It goes more like this:

JD...What's up mate, what the heck is going on in South Coast?

BB... PM told me he had it all worked out and he was going to get all these players and then bring them over to us before tryouts.

JD... Tell PM if he wants to keep getting his money from stars that he better start turning things around in our favor. He told us NEFC wouldn't come in and buy out a club.

BB...I don't know boss, in our secret meetings, he tells me we are all set.

JD... Stars nation isn't going to be happy with this lack of leadership on your part BB. Get on top of it or you whilst be gone soon.

BB...OK boss but we have a lot of work to do.

JD...Get it done mate!!
                                Has to be the funniest thing I have read on this site and it's probably pretty realistic!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X