Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton's games against exeter and tabor were completely legit. Starting lineups from all sides

Comment

Should be a good game against LA this Saturday.

Comment

Agreed that LA-Milton should be a key game. They were both excellent teams last year, and sounds like neither last tons to graduation. My take was that LA perhaps had more talent but Milton perhaps was more solid at every position and played very well as a team.

All this talk about scrimmage results is almost irrelevant. While the Milton wins thus far are relevant, they don't mean much given the competition. Unless they reloaded, Tabor is weak (look at their record the last couple of years), so a 2-1 win is not impressive. A 5-0 win over Exeter says something (scoring 5 goals against any decent team), but Exeter was like a .500 team last year so maybe not as impressive as it might sound (although maybe Exeter reloaded).

It would be good to hear something about the "other" ISL teams, but hard to imagine somebody challenging the top 3 contenders. But somebody will surprise and move up, but just doubtful they'll crack the top 3. Same with the questions about younger players who will make a difference- I think there are game-changer younger players on "other" teams but not sure you can make a difference when the remainder of the squad is so far behind the contenders. I think LA has amassed a great set of talent, but what makes AK so good is how much he does for the rest of his team. He is so much better than almost everybody else on the field that he becomes the focus of attention, draws the man, then exploits the opening with a slotted pass. Not saying the other LA players aren't great, but he and the other kid in the center make the others so much better. At these "other" schools, instead of feasting off the bounty AK creates, you have the younger players trying to carry their teams, which they can't do without more support.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Agreed that LA-Milton should be a key game. They were both excellent teams last year, and sounds like neither last tons to graduation. My take was that LA perhaps had more talent but Milton perhaps was more solid at every position and played very well as a team.

All this talk about scrimmage results is almost irrelevant. While the Milton wins thus far are relevant, they don't mean much given the competition. Unless they reloaded, Tabor is weak (look at their record the last couple of years), so a 2-1 win is not impressive. A 5-0 win over Exeter says something (scoring 5 goals against any decent team), but Exeter was like a .500 team last year so maybe not as impressive as it might sound (although maybe Exeter reloaded).

It would be good to hear something about the "other" ISL teams, but hard to imagine somebody challenging the top 3 contenders. But somebody will surprise and move up, but just doubtful they'll crack the top 3. Same with the questions about younger players who will make a difference- I think there are game-changer younger players on "other" teams but not sure you can make a difference when the remainder of the squad is so far behind the contenders. I think LA has amassed a great set of talent, but what makes AK so good is how much he does for the rest of his team. He is so much better than almost everybody else on the field that he becomes the focus of attention, draws the man, then exploits the opening with a slotted pass. Not saying the other LA players aren't great, but he and the other kid in the center make the others so much better. At these "other" schools, instead of feasting off the bounty AK creates, you have the younger players trying to carry their teams, which they can't do without more support.
          Nobles and St. Marks are the teams to watch.

Comment

Nobles plays kick and run

I watched nobles play a few times this fall and all I see is kick and run frantic play. They are a big strong athletic group of kids with only a few technically strong players. # 10 up top will be a handful for teams but I think they will struggle to win half the games.

Comment

Has SM recruited a lot of new players? Hard to understand how they made Tournament last year and now to be ranked above Milton and Rivers. How does RL look?

Comment

RL looks like they are down. They lost 5-1 in a scrimmage to Tabor. Tabor is much improved but that is a sign they are down this year.

Comment

Thanks AK/AK's dad

Comment

Worcester 7 Thayer 1 last night

Comment

LA Procter tomorrow any predictions? I believe this is a non league game according to their website.

Comment

Worcester 7 Thayer 1 last night
                        Either BB&N is pretty good or Thayer is really bad. BB&N's 1-0 loss to WA looking respectable.

Comment

LA Procter tomorrow any predictions? I believe this is a non league game according to their website.
                          Yes because proctor is not ISL idiot

Comment

Save your predictions for Saturday game against Milton

Comment

Either BB&N is pretty good or Thayer is really bad. BB&N's 1-0 loss to WA looking respectable.
                              1-0 or 7-1 both are losses. Thayer has more goals than BB&N.

Comment

LA is chock-full of seniors. So this is may be their last year of glory. How is their recruiting?

Comment

Working...
                                X