Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was there too. It was 1-0 at half no ball control either team. Algonquin went up 4-1 after the goalie change. Sh came back made it 4-3. They barely won. Not your usual Algonquin team this year. They always control ball and didn't. That's what I saw.
    Gotcha, so giving up 6 goals in the second half was all the goalies fault. Barely winning would not be a 3 goal lead with less than a minute play.

Comment

Gotcha, so giving up 6 goals in the second half was all the goalies fault. Barely winning would not be a 3 goal lead with less than a minute play.
      Spin it how you want. It's shepherd hill. Yes goalie change didn't help. It was a close game. If your comparing apples wachusett beat them 5-2. Was never in trouble. I like Algonquin but it may not be their best year.

Comment

Anyone have the score from today's game against Plymouth North?
        1-0 WH over plymouth north

Comment

LS outplayed Nashoba in the first half and scored twice. Nashoba outplayed LS in the second half but didn't convert the possession into good scoring opportunities.
          So are you trying to say that you didn't lose 2 to 0?

Comment

Spin it how you want. It's shepherd hill. Yes goalie change didn't help. It was a close game. If your comparing apples wachusett beat them 5-2. Was never in trouble. I like Algonquin but it may not be their best year.
            That is three disparaging "it's Shepherd Hill" comments in a matter of moments. Lighten up on the girls. Some athletes do read these sites. Have at the coach if you want, but leave the girls alone.
            In fact, leave all the players alone. Your treatment of some Wachusett athletes is deplorable. These are not professionals.

Comment

That is three disparaging "it's Shepherd Hill" comments in a matter of moments. Lighten up on the girls. Some athletes do read these sites. Have at the coach if you want, but leave the girls alone.
              In fact, leave all the players alone. Your treatment of some Wachusett athletes is deplorable. These are not professionals.
              I call it how I see it. SH is awful. Three good players tops. Algonguin is not going to do anything this year. Didnt know you were the hall monitor of this site.

Comment

I call it how I see it. SH is awful. Three good players tops. Algonguin is not going to do anything this year. Didnt know you were the hall monitor of this site.
                Not hall monitor. Just ashamed at how easily anonymous tough guys/gals throw generally useless and mean spirited remarks aimed at kids around. Lots of closet Adrian Petersons running amok on this site. Words or switches can both inflict injury, especially in the hands of "i call it as i see it" folk.
                As for Hill, who do we want to lay the blame on for only having "3 good players tops"? Dudley-Charlton youth soccer, mom, dad, coach, or just dumb geographical and demographic luck?
                Looking forward to your insightful response...

Comment

When was the last time Algonquin didn't choke on a game early that the likes of people on TS expected them to win easily? My memory says it's a yearly occurrence.

Comment

So are you trying to say that you didn't lose 2 to 0?
                    I'm an LS parent so the team I was rooting for won (now 4 and 0). We have better finishers, or at least did this day. Nashoba played better than we did in the second half, except for maybe in the final third.

Comment

East Bridgewater Girls Lose to Hull

What happened in the game against Hull? How do you tie Bridgewater Raynham, a D1 team and then lose 2-0 to Hull? Is Hull a sleeper in the South Shore League?

Comment

What happened in the game against Hull? How do you tie Bridgewater Raynham, a D1 team and then lose 2-0 to Hull? Is Hull a sleeper in the South Shore League?
                        Didn't they lose to BR?

Comment

I thought they tied BR 0-0.

Comment

Not hall monitor. Just ashamed at how easily anonymous tough guys/gals throw generally useless and mean spirited remarks aimed at kids around. Lots of closet Adrian Petersons running amok on this site. Words or switches can both inflict injury, especially in the hands of "i call it as i see it" folk.
                            As for Hill, who do we want to lay the blame on for only having "3 good players tops"? Dudley-Charlton youth soccer, mom, dad, coach, or just dumb geographical and demographic luck?
                            Looking forward to your insightful response...
                            Nothing disparaging about the hill, simply put, they are not very good. Most older girls on the team do not play premier so they fall behind on talent and touches on the ball. They were all better when they were younger. Algonquin is only slightly better. Obviously the Gonk defense needs a lot of work - giving up a PK and so many direct kicks near the goal. The Hill is a good team, just not very good. They need to be very good to compete in their new league placement. Good luck to your season.

Comment

Nothing disparaging about the hill, simply put, they are not very good. Most older girls on the team do not play premier so they fall behind on talent and touches on the ball. They were all better when they were younger. Algonquin is only slightly better. Obviously the Gonk defense needs a lot of work - giving up a PK and so many direct kicks near the goal. The Hill is a good team, just not very good. They need to be very good to compete in their new league placement. Good luck to your season.
                              What can you really find out with one game? What were the coaches working on? Were normal starters in for both teams? Its early in the season and with the turnover of players it would seem that a coach may be still seeing who works well together. Didn't see the game so who knows. Now, you may know that overall more Algnoquin players play on top club teams, but were all those players on the field last night? There are several players on both teams that do not, and have not ever played on a club team.

Comment

What can you really find out with one game? What were the coaches working on? Were normal starters in for both teams? Its early in the season and with the turnover of players it would seem that a coach may be still seeing who works well together. Didn't see the game so who knows. Now, you may know that overall more Algnoquin players play on top club teams, but were all those players on the field last night? There are several players on both teams that do not, and have not ever played on a club team.
                                Any semi-qualified coach should be able to blend the strengths of the club players with the weaker non-club players. However, there are still a few horribly weak coaches left in the system and when you move into a tougher conference, those weakness are illuminated and exploited. Shame on the administrations of these schools as this lack of quality is not tolerated on the football field or basketball court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X