Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think your advice is misleading and not applicable to all. My kid plays on an ECNL team (no not Susa) and has had 4 phone calls with college coaches (at the coaches request) this season. One was with a coach she targeted, the other 3 were with coaches that saw her play in a game where they were there to see someone else, but she stood out to them. She's only 14 and honestly, we thought those schools were out of her reach-guess not. 2 Big East, 1ACC and 1 Patriot-each and every one asked if she would be playing at PDA and San Diego and they were all planning to attend both. They also said they would like her to go to their ID clinics-2 offered to waive the fee, the other 2 didn't say anything about it-just to have her coach call and confirm that she was interested in attending before she registered online.
    So our experience so far-East Coast schools go to West Coast Showcases, Unsolicited interest really does exist and schools have targeted players they're watching at their ID clinics.
    So you are saying 4 different division 1 coaches broke the most basic of NCAA recruiting rules and called your 14 year old daughter on the phone? Did I read that correctly? Because if I did, your daughter must be beyond talented that these schools would be willing to risk everything to speak with her. Interesting.

Comment

So you are saying 4 different division 1 coaches broke the most basic of NCAA recruiting rules and called your 14 year old daughter on the phone? Did I read that correctly? Because if I did, your daughter must be beyond talented that these schools would be willing to risk everything to speak with her. Interesting.
      Where did I say the coaches called her? I didn't. I said she had 4 phone calls at the coaches request. They were all before May 1st and well within the recruiting rules at that time. And no, she is not special because of this-several players on her team are in the same position. Seriously, get a clue, how do you think these kids get offers and committ? Smoke signals? Every email my kid got clearly outlined the recruiting rules and nobody broke them.

Comment

Where did I say the coaches called her? I didn't. I said she had 4 phone calls at the coaches request. They were all before May 1st and well within the recruiting rules at that time. And no, she is not special because of this-several players on her team are in the same position. Seriously, get a clue, how do you think these kids get offers and committ? Smoke signals? Every email my kid got clearly outlined the recruiting rules and nobody broke them.
        What does that have to do with ECRL brackets at a showcase. If your kid is playing on an ECNL team why are you talking about it is a discussion about ECRL?

Comment

Agree. Start a thread about how to commit to a western college as a 14 year old from the east and interested people can read it.

The people reading and writing about ECRL can continue to do it in this thread.

Comment

Waiving fees for camps and clinics is also a major recruiting violation. Every attendee must pay the same if they are charging fees.

Comment

Are you following this thread at all? No one said anything about the NE NPL playoffs, i agree, those are a joke, but we have been discussing the national NPL playoffs versus this ECRL playoff that they announced.
              You are the one who has not followed this thread. We are talking about whether this announcement makes the ECNL RL an improvement over the NE NPL or not. The change that impacts these b-teams the most is that instead of a conference tournament to end the season, teams will go to the ECNL Showcase in a 4th Division. As the NE NPL stands today, they only send 1 team to the NPL Finals, so it would be silly to compare the ECNL Showcase to the NPL Finals as the point whether or not ECNL RL improves things for these teams or not.

Comment

What does that have to do with ECRL brackets at a showcase. If your kid is playing on an ECNL team why are you talking about it is a discussion about ECRL?
                I'm sorry, I didn't mean to derail the convo, the point I was trying to make was-
                -Being seen by more coaches is better. No matter what level.
                -if people say it only matters if the school your kid reached out to comes to see her, that's not necessarily true. There may be schools your kid thought were out of her reach that she finds out are interested in her. There may be a great school that your kid never considered that turns out to be a perfect fit, who initiated contact after seeing her play. This happens a lot more than people on these boards are willing to admit. No matter what level.
                -Are Duke, UNC, Penn State, Stanford, UCLA coming to the 4th bracket of the showcase? No. But they're not coming to my kid's games either and she'll be in one of the top brackets. Many coaches will be there. At all levels. ECRL teams will be playing ECNL teams in this open cup, coaches will be there.
                -The notion of just signing up to a college ID clinic is just as good as having coaches see you in tournaments is misleading. If the kid is an undeniable stud, I guess they will stand out and garner attention. But people should know, there are many kids at the same ID clinic that are already on the radar and have a head start and the coach is going to want to see the kid play in their own environment, at a showcase, that they are planning to attend. No matter what level.

Comment

Point is... you are claiming that your player's recruiting experience is relevant information for a player from lower level and I think that is really stretching the truth if not total BS and you probably have some agenda for doing that.

Comment

Different poster and ^ this last point is important. Coaches have their list of top interests for the events. Most times they put those top prospects into a separate group and that's where the head coach will spend most of his time. The assistants will watch the remaining 80% scrimmage all day. There will be many in that 80% group who they have seen play already but they're not interested in them. Sometimes a standout will get moved to the top group but you have to really standout. An invite doesn't always mean interest and many families dont' get that. If you really, really want a school and an ID event is your only shot then go for it. Just be realistic and chose wisely.

Comment

Point is... you are claiming that your player's recruiting experience is relevant information for a player from lower level and I think that is really stretching the truth if not total BS and you probably have some agenda for doing that.
                      Nope, Just sharing my experience so far...it stands to reason that some of the information would translate to kids playing at different levels. Not sure what covert agenda I'd be pushing by not mentioning my kid's team or the schools she's talking to, but OK, I guess some people have to look for negativity and conspiracy. Have a nice day!

Comment

Why does this make me a sucker? How is this a waste of money?
                        Over the years has any coaches come to
                        The 4th bracket at jeff cup

The answer is no

This is no different

This is a way to make money for the ecnl
                        Nothing else

22 on ecnl roster and don’t want 23on to go anywhere else

Comment

Over the years has any coaches come to
                          The 4th bracket at jeff cup

The answer is no

This is no different

This is a way to make money for the ecnl
                          Nothing else

22 on ecnl roster and don’t want 23on to go anywhere else
                          Geez! Is hating on ECNL your full time job?

Comment

Ecrl does nothing to help ecnl players waters down the brand and is actually a negative for ecnl players. Helps the gda until they decide to copy it with some B team league that they start so they can invite teams to a B bracket at their showcases.

Then it will go to c level and d level until we are back to the beginning with all kids in the same league at different levels. Only the cost will have increased 500 percent.

Comment

you don’t realize it’s multiple people telling you what should be obvious to you

Ask yourself why pda pulled out of the da

They are one of the founding members of ecnl

They were afraid the ecnl was going to become the b league and they would lose their power and control

Why do you think there are only 2 ecnl clubs in nj

Because pda wants to make sure there are no other options.

You must be new to youth soccer

Comment

Ecrl does nothing to help ecnl players waters down the brand and is actually a negative for ecnl players. Helps the gda until they decide to copy it with some B team league that they start so they can invite teams to a B bracket at their showcases.

Then it will go to c level and d level until we are back to the beginning with all kids in the same league at different levels. Only the cost will have increased 500 percent.
                                National league is the b team for da

In fact da will start removing underperforming clubs in near future

Ecnl will
                                Never do that

Because it’s about the money

Mike O’Neil loves the power and the money

He even rents out Rutgers gyms for pda indoor training in the winter

Checks made out directly to him

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X