Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fc bucks

Going back to the OP, yes there is a small group of parents in control here. And yes, the coach seems to have given control over to them for one reason or another. I agree that the OP should go watch this team play and watch them practice. But there are a few other things the OP should watch. Pay careful attention to the parent that is on the field with the coach during the game and who is out there with him during practices. Then pay careful attention to which parents this person primarily talks to. Match these folks up with their kids on the field, and you will have all the info you need to make your decision. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Going back to the OP, yes there is a small group of parents in control here. And yes, the coach seems to have given control over to them for one reason or another. I agree that the OP should go watch this team play and watch them practice. But there are a few other things the OP should watch. Pay careful attention to the parent that is on the field with the coach during the game and who is out there with him during practices. Then pay careful attention to which parents this person primarily talks to. Match these folks up with their kids on the field, and you will have all the info you need to make your decision. Best of luck to you.
      If the poster's kid is a unicorn, it won't matter. The coach and the parents will be talking to him about his kid. So OP, go there and take your unicorn kid with you.

Comment

Aren't try-outs in April/May for ECNL teams? What is the last day to add on to the roster to be eligible for post season play? Go watch an ECNL game vs. another ECNL team. Watch the level of play and how the coach instructs. Our family did this for a few clubs and that's how we made our decision. It has to work for your family. Good luck with your decision. And, if it doesn't work this year, get what you can out of the development and move next year. It's common for kids to move anymore.

Comment

I talk to this coach !

I talk to this coach on a regular basis! I’m sure you know me, but if you don’t my daughter where’s #22! I also drive a green Jeep Wrangler. Come an talk to me this weekend or feel free to call me. My phone# is on team snap. To say my daughter only plays because I talk to the coach is an insult! I don’t care if your talking about her or not! This is unacceptable and has to be put to an end! I will Stand up for every parent and child on this team! So if anyone that wants to talk **** behind their keyboard about children and their parents, come find me I would love to talk to you! Enough is enough!

Comment

I talk to this coach on a regular basis! I’m sure you know me, but if you don’t my daughter where’s #22! I also drive a green Jeep Wrangler. Come an talk to me this weekend or feel free to call me. My phone# is on team snap. To say my daughter only plays because I talk to the coach is an insult! I don’t care if your talking about her or not! This is unacceptable and has to be put to an end! I will Stand up for every parent and child on this team! So if anyone that wants to talk **** behind their keyboard about children and their parents, come find me I would love to talk to you! Enough is enough!
            Listen as I said from the post above this is a great team and great parents. I think its a great idea that you clear the air with everyone and I applaud you and appreciate you for sticking up and coming out and standing up for your daughter. Its an awful shame that some people try to target an innocent 12/13 year old kid that has no clue about this forum. I hope you set things straight and this is the last we see post like this. Travel safe up to us this Sunday and look forward to having another great game with you guys and as I said before your parents have been nothing but awesome in cheering on the team and supporting the girls. I just hope that someone outside the club is the one that is trying to start this mess and not someone on the team.

Comment

The OP has to be a disgruntled parent current/former.

By this core group I assume you mean the Deep Run kids, if so you judged the situation entirely wrong because within this group I can tell you the better players /parents would not bat an eye if a "friend" or more were let go in favor of better players. Some are probably hoping for it. (Not that I know. I just know how parents of really good, elite type, soccer players think)

The other thing the OP is off base on.. "they will leave as a group." Where are they going? PDA Blue, while 2 or 3 could make that team PDA isnt taking them let alone the others. They have plenty of talent already and adding 3 players to the middle of the roster doesnt help.(Same reason your DD better be really good to make FC Bucks), Continental FC Delco, won't happen not at this age group. So what's left? What we will go elsewhere gun are they holding to FC Bucks head? Where is this mythical place?

Comment

Fc bucks

What makes you think the core group that was mentioned is the deep run kids?

Comment

Fc bucks

The OP has to be a disgruntled parent current/former.

By this core group I assume you mean the Deep Run kids, if so you judged the situation entirely wrong because within this group I can tell you the better players /parents would not bat an eye if a "friend" or more were let go in favor of better players. Some are probably hoping for it. (Not that I know. I just know how parents of really good, elite type, soccer players think)

The other thing the OP is off base on.. "they will leave as a group." Where are they going? PDA Blue, while 2 or 3 could make that team PDA isnt taking them let alone the others. They have plenty of talent already and adding 3 players to the middle of the roster doesnt help.(Same reason your DD better be really good to make FC Bucks), Continental FC Delco, won't happen not at this age group. So what's left? What we will go elsewhere gun are they holding to FC Bucks head? Where is this mythical place?
                  Sounds like you may have confirmed who the "core group" is since no one but you mentioned "Deep Run Kids" except you. Freudian Slip? I guess we will find out if the deal holds in a few weeks.

Comment

DOC/ Coach

Does FC Bucks have a Director of Coaching? For girls? For ECNL? Also who is the coach for the 06 girls ECNL team? Rich Finneyfrock is listed on the website as the coach, but at the games we have watched there is another coach with him.

Do girls ECNL always practice at the Council Rock stadium?

Comment

Does FC Bucks have a Director of Coaching? For girls? For ECNL? Also who is the coach for the 06 girls ECNL team? Rich Finneyfrock is listed on the website as the coach, but at the games we have watched there is another coach with him.

Isn't there an email on the website to send your questions? My experience with FC Bucks is there is and they get back to you pretty timely. It's a good club, very good coaches, good experience. For the most part, the boys and girls go to good colleges and get playing time.

Comment

DOC/Coach

I have no idea who the DOC is and whether there is a girls or ECNL DOC. The other coach with Rich Finneyfrock is Brian Brossman. He is listed as the team manager but acts more like a coach. Some parents have questioned whether it is appropriate for him to be a coach since his daughter is on the team and he is not a licensed paid professional coach. Other parents don’t seem to mind and think he does a good job helping the head coach.

Comment

I have no idea who the DOC is and whether there is a girls or ECNL DOC. The other coach with Rich Finneyfrock is Brian Brossman. He is listed as the team manager but acts more like a coach. Some parents have questioned whether it is appropriate for him to be a coach since his daughter is on the team and he is not a licensed paid professional coach. Other parents don’t seem to mind and think he does a good job helping the head coach.
                          I just googled FC Bucks and Coaching and was directed to their website that has the DOC information as well as all the other coaches. My daughter played for them years ago and a son recently. Both had great experiences. The coaches were all approachable, good and respected in the soccer world. To each his or her own, but to us it was worth it. I have another who is playing several sports including soccer. Would go back to FC Bucks in a heartbeat if he wants to make soccer his primary. I'm hoping he does.

Comment

FC Bucks

I just googled FC Bucks and Coaching and was directed to their website that has the DOC information as well as all the other coaches. My daughter played for them years ago and a son recently. Both had great experiences. The coaches were all approachable, good and respected in the soccer world. To each his or her own, but to us it was worth it. I have another who is playing several sports including soccer. Would go back to FC Bucks in a heartbeat if he wants to make soccer his primary. I'm hoping he does.
                            I am sure for the most part that fc bucks is a decent club and I am sure all of the positive things you mentioned are also true for the most part. Unfortunately at this age group there is an overzealis parent/board member/assistant coach named in a prior post, who uses his power and position in this organization and continuously puts the thumb on the scale in faver of his own daughter, rather than just letting her suceed or fail on her own. She is no longer developing at the same pace as the other players maybe because she knows she dont have to work as hard as others who don't have this advantage, and it is getting harder and harder to hide and is becoming more and more obvious. There is more chatter from parents on this issue, and there is more chatter from the players as well. I feel bad because teenager girls who see they are not being treated fairly because one girl has daddy to help her can be pretty mean sometimes.

Comment

I am sure for the most part that fc bucks is a decent club and I am sure all of the positive things you mentioned are also true for the most part. Unfortunately at this age group there is an overzealis parent/board member/assistant coach named in a prior post, who uses his power and position in this organization and continuously puts the thumb on the scale in faver of his own daughter, rather than just letting her suceed or fail on her own. She is no longer developing at the same pace as the other players maybe because she knows she dont have to work as hard as others who don't have this advantage, and it is getting harder and harder to hide and is becoming more and more obvious. There is more chatter from parents on this issue, and there is more chatter from the players as well. I feel bad because teenager girls who see they are not being treated fairly because one girl has daddy to help her can be pretty mean sometimes.
                              just another example of an adult ruining the sport for the children.

Comment

Shut up

You keep hiding behind a computer instead of just stating your grievances to the coach. Do me a favor shut up or put up. This is Missy Udowenko Abby is my daughter she works hard earns her spot as do all of the girls. Stop bashing our club and stop talking about our daughters. Or at least stop being a chump and not stating your name!!! Over this crap already grow up all of you !!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X