Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one should disparage junior colleges, especially if students use them as a cheaper stepping stone to a 4 year degree. Not all of these soccer playing kids are smart enough or motivated for 4 year colleges, especially the ones who put soccer over academics for their entire lives. Any road to more education should be applauded.
    "Not all kids are smart enough or motivated enough for 4 year colleges?" Try again.

Not all kids want to go thousands of dollars into debt when they aren't certain what they want to be when they grow up. Not all kids have parents willing to pay 5 figures/year out of pocket so they can have the status of playing soccer at a "better" school. Not all kids want to move away from home at 18 and attend a big school. Not all kids are happy to be on a bloated roster of 35-40 and never get to play.

I know a handful of kids who played 2 years at JC, had a blast, got two years of free college, and went on to play elsewhere. There are many many reasons why a kid would choose a JC and they aren't all related to intelligence or motivation. Try not sounding like such an a@@ next time.

Comment

"Not all kids are smart enough or motivated enough for 4 year colleges?" Try again.

Not all kids want to go thousands of dollars into debt when they aren't certain what they want to be when they grow up. Not all kids have parents willing to pay 5 figures/year out of pocket so they can have the status of playing soccer at a "better" school. Not all kids want to move away from home at 18 and attend a big school. Not all kids are happy to be on a bloated roster of 35-40 and never get to play.

I know a handful of kids who played 2 years at JC, had a blast, got two years of free college, and went on to play elsewhere. There are many many reasons why a kid would choose a JC and they aren't all related to intelligence or motivation. Try not sounding like such an a@@ next time.
      I know of a least one who didn't make a metro area HS varsity team as a senior and picked up all kinds of aid at a JC that needed players in the wil. valley Title IX ROCKS Teddy!

Comment

Title IX Ted is back. Typing away on his 1998 Compaq desktop in his mothers basement.

Let the rage out Ted. Let it out.
        It makes me SO MAD that girls get Title IX benefits. I can barely contain myself. I am so angry and frustrated and sad. Tears of rage.

Comment

It makes me SO MAD that girls get Title IX benefits. I can barely contain myself. I am so angry and frustrated and sad. Tears of rage.
          It's awesome. No HS, No Club necessary to get ATHLETIC aid for JC, geez it's easier to get than a stimulus check during the pandemic. Better to be Lucky, than Good..no anger just joy!
          btw Handouts without merit like this anomaly is much different than a athletic benefit based on talent or grades, jus sayin. Very soon boys will be able to get athletic aid earmarked for girls just by checking a binary box on the admission papers. What a wonderful world.

Comment

Title IX Ted is back. Typing away on his 1998 Compaq desktop in his mothers basement.

Let the rage out Ted. Let it out.
            It's so unfair! Title IX is so wrong. I am ANGRY!

Comment

It's so unfair! Title IX is so wrong. I am ANGRY!
              You should be delighted soon, not at all angry laws enacted around the county with the support of the LGBTQ community specifically addressing gender identity issues inequities like title ix. New laws that require what were formally known as 'female only' teams to accept transgender, gender-nonconforming and intersex players as female. With the players 'chosen gender identity' trumping biology or DNA. I guess this is some serious Title IX karma, Ted is one happy camper these days. So will it be just guys who elect to identify as girls playing what we use to call girls soccer and these boys will capture the title ix athletic aid above all the rest? That's twisted stuff. Whoa....

Comment

LOL! Just wait until femboys take over women’s soccer.

Comment

It's now a bizarre consequence of gender identity personal choice privilege or rights. Wrestling is a sport that has former guys now destroying their newly chosen class of competition. It's called progress....

Comment

Seeing they just cancelled the ECNL National Event in Houston today, I predict no loses this weekend by an Oregon team.

Hopefully these teams are getting full refunds for flights, hotels, etc.....and that they try and add another event or two before the year is over.

Still just dont know why all the NW teams cant just put on their own large showcase and have all local teams participate. 75% these kids are probably going to school in the NW.

Comment

Seeing they just cancelled the ECNL National Event in Houston today, I predict no loses this weekend by an Oregon team.

Hopefully these teams are getting full refunds for flights, hotels, etc.....and that they try and add another event or two before the year is over.

Still just dont know why all the NW teams cant just put on their own large showcase and have all local teams participate. 75% these kids are probably going to school in the NW.
                      Around 85% of kids go to school in the NW. ecnl is a crap
                      Show right now.

If all top teams in the nw played each other 100% you’d find out that there is no reason to affiliate with national leagues and no clubs would dominate across the board and no league affiliation would dominate.

It’s all smoke and mirrors while crappy Oregon players chase around GA and ecnl clubs that have always been better.

Comment

If you don't have money, don't travel. If you have the money, it is great for kids and fun for parents. Period.

Comment

It's been "postponed".

In fairness to ECNL, Houston is going to be hit with an artic blast this weekend, one cold enough to cancel soccer games even in climates where winter weather is normal.

OTOH, someone is going to be getting screwed--to what extent the losses will be borne by hotels (maybe) and airlines (probably not) vs parents (probably) as families are on the hook to pay for rooms and plane tickets they end up not using, remains to be seen.

I wouldn't worry about it, though. We're generally talking wealthy families for whom blowing a thousand or two on a cancelled cattle call is couch change--and maybe even a tax write-off. (It's a business expense! Honest!)

Comment

Woof. Cant believe they cancelled a day out. I feel the families pain. Still have about $10k in airline credits from a tournament we had cancelled due to Covid and the airline refused to give a refund and issued credit instead. Guess their bailout money was mostly used for flying empty airplanes.

Comment

Better than having to cancel after everyone is already there and then is on the hook for all the expenses. If not refunded, airline ticket miles can be used for a later trip.

Comment

Well it's mostly mangirls now so what's the difference?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X