Winter training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier start dates could help why the need to play soccer in late Nov .MYSA fields are pretty much empty.

Comment

A number of clubs extended their Fall training into December outdoors and plan to start outdoor training in mid-February. There are also optional outdoor training opportunities (for a fee) for those who families who don't want to play/train indoors at this time. Everyone's mileage may vary with respect to what you are most comfortable doing at this time. The weather has been relatively mild so far this winter and outdoor training sessions have been relatively comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Bolts
        Bolts aren't training now because they are crap and run by a bunch of drunks who are currently partaking in an extended winter stupor.

Comment

Thread after thread people mention coaches being drunks in various clubs. When did we all get so opinionated on what the coaches do in their personal time. Coaches can drink, they need to with some of the entitled parents they deal with. Unless your coach is falling down drink or abusive to the kids, leave them alone and let them drink. Half the time parents are buzzed!

Comment

Thread after thread people mention coaches being drunks in various clubs. When did we all get so opinionated on what the coaches do in their personal time. Coaches can drink, they need to with some of the entitled parents they deal with. Unless your coach is falling down drink or abusive to the kids, leave them alone and let them drink. Half the time parents are buzzed!
            Have you guys seen Mouriho or Klopp?? These guys are drunk on the sidelines half the time so dont judge the local coaches please!

Comment

My sons FC Stars team started again this week. Outdoors 2x a week

Comment

Most clubs are practicing 2x a week now. 1st games early March.

Comment

Most clubs are practicing 2x a week now. 1st games early March.
                  looking forward To the 1st week of March

Comment

looking forward To the 1st week of March
                    wonder which club will use indoor training as an excuse for not doing well in the spring?

Comment

wonder which club will use indoor training as an excuse for not doing well in the spring?
                      not sure what this means. all clubs train indoor in the winter and most did so despite covid this winter.

Comment

not sure what this means. all clubs train indoor in the winter and most did so despite covid this winter.
                        Many train outdoors on turf. We only had our first indoor practice tonight as the field wasn't plowed yet.

Comment

Many train outdoors on turf. We only had our first indoor practice tonight as the field wasn't plowed yet.
                          I get that. Our club does both. But still don't understand the post asking which clubs will use indoor training as an excuse.

Comment

I get that. Our club does both. But still don't understand the post asking which clubs will use indoor training as an excuse.
                            I'm not that poster but it would be an easy excuse as to why a team doesn't do well in the spring. For example, my daughter's club, south shore select, have cut back their winter training by 2/3rds - and made practices not mandatory so if they do not do as well in GA this spring management can just look back and say 1 of the reasons is the cut back in training negatively affected their play in the spring. It is an easy excuse. I can only speak about select but this is a far different winter than in the past. I'm not used to having my daughter at select for only 1-2x a week practicing. It's usually 4-5x a week.

Comment

Might actually be better only going 1-2 times a week. That is a problem with SSS is that they train and play to much. More does not mean better. My daughter was in the club and she always felt tired and run down. No down time to rest and recover especially once she got to high school age.

Comment

Glad to see that $4,500 is going to a good cause. LL bank account.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X