Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not lack of superstars. It’s an inability to play unselfishly.

Last years seniors, the 2001 team is a good example. No superstars but played hard, defended really well and were competitive regionally and nationally. They had an exceptional GK but not other real star power mostly just mid major type talent. Hard working group that all got recruited.

2002 team is a different animal. Deepest team in the history of the club lead by a few game changers. Lots of solid supporting players as well. Team has always been possession oriented and never played through on or two players. Lots of interchangeable parts which is why no many are playing D1 in the falll.

2003 has been a mess all along. Definitely lack a dynamic midfielder and overall the group has a low soccer IQ. Compounded by a miserable parent group
    Sounds like every single FSA team and none of the coaches there have the sense to teach the players how to play better team soccer. It's disgusting.

Comment

Way to go cfc

Can’t wait for the 250 credit for next years waste of a spring season when 03 will have missed all boats for recruiting - CFC and RS you did a deplorable job with this class -

Rising seniors - ECNL 03- maybe you can use that for tuition as wave any thought of playing in college bye bye

Pitiful
      What a slap in the face. These guys all need to be taught a lesson .... and they would be if they cared about level of play, but there are always sorry players looking for something better, willing to pay whatever it takes to get a sleeve patch.

Comment

Hello CFC parents:

Um... you’re welcome would be nice!

-CFC management

Comment

Sounds like every single FSA team and none of the coaches there have the sense to teach the players how to play better team soccer. It's disgusting.
          Much of their HS teams are life long FSA players. They aren't taught properly from the get go.

Comment

Much of their HS teams are life long FSA players. They aren't taught properly from the get go.
            You mean the girls that played in the championship games? Sorry FCIAC... it was a CCC final

Comment

When are we going to have a Lawyer step up and help the soccer parents and start a lawsuit (individual or class-action) against the clubs in CT.

Someone has to know someone - get our money back from these greedy SOBs

Comment

Here’s the deal, don’t be a sheep and just withhold the June 5th deposit that they’re asking for in their “refund” email.

Comment

Hello CFC parents:

Um... you’re welcome would be nice!

-CFC management
                  no kidding. Bunch of crybabies at cfc

Comment

Here’s the deal, don’t be a sheep and just withhold the June 5th deposit that they’re asking for in their “refund” email.
                    Don’t think anyone is being strong armed to deposit are they? Our club is doing the same. If you don’t like it, don’t deposit. But don’t complain when you don’t have a spot. The way I look at it is you aren’t going to get a better deal anywhere else. You didn’t play for them.

Comment

FSA layed off all staff, ECNL has cancelled everything and given money back to clubs.
                      ECNL events are run by the clubs. It is up to them to refund or not. ECNL club league fees will not be refunded I’m sure. People need to understand that some costs are upfront costs. You don’t get them back. And for those griping about $250 a person. How many players are at CFC? 1,000? 2,000? That’s over $300,000 in credit. That’s a lot of money that they didn’t need to give. Stop living in a bubble.

Comment

When are we going to have a Lawyer step up and help the soccer parents and start a lawsuit (individual or class-action) against the clubs in CT.

Someone has to know someone - get our money back from these greedy SOBs
                        The answer would be never. Because there is no money in it. You’d spend more than you’d get. What do you think you’re entitled to? And I haven’t seen it because my daughter isn’t United age yet, but doesn’t it also offer free camps and clinics? We usually pay for a summer camp. All told, they’re giving more than $250.

Comment

So when you pay the total yearly fee for the club- whats the breakdown of where the $ goes?
                          Pay coaches
                          Overhead
                          Insurance
                          League fees
                          Club profit

What else?

At the end of the day, everyone paid for a service that was not provided in full. I don't expect all of the money back but 250 in a refund? Not impressed.

Comment

ECNL events are run by the clubs. It is up to them to refund or not. ECNL club league fees will not be refunded I’m sure. People need to understand that some costs are upfront costs. You don’t get them back. And for those griping about $250 a person. How many players are at CFC? 1,000? 2,000? That’s over $300,000 in credit. That’s a lot of money that they didn’t need to give. Stop living in a bubble.
                            If I take in $3.5million from my customers, provide them with no services, and then credit them $300,000, that sounds like a fairly good business model. I’m not sure how sustainable that is, but it’s a solid short-term cash grab.

Comment

What WC is doing.

http://wcsocceracademy.org/_files/pl...%20Forward.pdf

Comment

If I take in $3.5million from my customers, provide them with no services, and then credit them $300,000, that sounds like a fairly good business model. I’m not sure how sustainable that is, but it’s a solid short-term cash grab.
                                Please show us your math on their income, expenses and profits. The bulk of their players are at the branch level. Each branch has it's own field rentals and coaches to pay; branches tend to be younger players who are charged less than CFCU and they played all year too. Yes I think $250 is paltry, but that doesn't mean they're in a strong position to pay much more back either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X