• Show
Clear All

Clubs that will be gone next year

Clubs that are closing up shop:

CFC (Manchester Branch)
    SCP - Have already released several coaches
    Academica FC - Cannot sustain program
    Revolution - Collapsed and operations ceased

Also worth noting that AC Connecticut have ceased all operations and have released all their coaches. It’s likely they will restart next year but it’s also likely things will look significantly different.

While I don't doubt the first four, AC will be fine. They were plenty big enough. Many clubs furloughed coaches because they're independent contractors, and let's face it the season is done. Clubs that were already struggling will close due to strained finances, poor management and a shrinking player pool. Families will be looking at clubs that at least appear to be on stable financial footing. If your club won't give a partial refund or credit be warned they might not be around next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

CFC (Manchester Branch)

Also worth noting that AC Connecticut have ceased all operations and have released all their coaches. It’s likely they will restart next year but it’s also likely things will look significantly different.
      For the first 3, it’s interesting that you are speculative. For Revolution and AC you are stating it as fact that they have both ceased operations. Could you provide any proof to these “facts”? It’s worth noting that facts are helpful when making unsubstantiated claims.

Comment

For the first 3, it’s interesting that you are speculative. For Revolution and AC you are stating it as fact that they have both ceased operations. Could you provide any proof to these “facts”? It’s worth noting that facts are helpful when making unsubstantiated claims.
        Working backwards let’s confirm that AC Connecticut have closed up shop. They cut all their coaches loose and have shut down operations 100%. If you know any of the guys pick up the phone and chat. Puts coaches in a tough spot. I would expect they will refund and credit for next year since they have no operating expenses since April. I believe that AC CT will reopen for business next year but some coaches and families will be upset and won’t return.

Revolution, done. Kaput! Academica have been holding on as best they could since they got tossed out of Cheshire. They just don’t have the drawing power. SCP we’re struggling on the field and financially. They cut the cord on several coaches and contracted significantly before Covid 19. This was the final nail in the coffin. CFC Manchester was bad from the get go. They lasted what, 18 months?

Comment

I have no information but I’m going to guess the following clubs are done:

Celtic
          Inter
          Shoreline FC

Is Simmons Golden Eagles still a thing?

Comment

Are you guys talking about Revolution United in Fairfield?
            Because they are not closed.

Comment

Dumb

Such a ridiculous thread. Especially for the clubs who don’t own a building. They don’t have much overhead currently and almost all will be back next year. It makes sense to let coaches go and let them collect unemployment. They end up making more via unemployment.

It isn’t very hard to restart a soccer business that already has kids committed. Where do you think all the remaining kids are going to go. Back to town soccer?

Comment

I can tell you Simmons is fine not a good team but will be back.
                CFC Manchester no overhead and they are the worst around take anyone but will be fine.

Comment

I agree that Academica won't be back -- if they do come back, I don't see them in operation much longer. They were already losing players to other clubs and barely have 6 or 7 teams with lots of those kids playing up on multiple teams because they didn't have enough players at the older level, at least on the girls side anyways.

Comment

I agree that Academica won't be back -- if they do come back, I don't see them in operation much longer. They were already losing players to other clubs and barely have 6 or 7 teams with lots of those kids playing up on multiple teams because they didn't have enough players at the older level, at least on the girls side anyways.
                    Academica is a travel club. I live a town over from Cheshire and watch the patterns of the better players in the area. Cheshire has had 3 years in the last four where they’ve had a D1 player, all of them played at CFC. Smart money doesn’t play garbage local premier.

Comment

Such a ridiculous thread. Especially for the clubs who don’t own a building. They don’t have much overhead currently and almost all will be back next year. It makes sense to let coaches go and let them collect unemployment. They end up making more via unemployment.

It isn’t very hard to restart a soccer business that already has kids committed. Where do you think all the remaining kids are going to go. Back to town soccer?
                      I really hope that several clubs don’t make it back next year. It would be great for about 20%-30% to go back to town soccer and the rest of the Premier teams consolidate. Make things more competitive.

Comment

CFC (Manchester Branch)

Soccerviza out of Norwalk is the club that collapsed and stoped all operations. Revolution is still operating with online training and more, and my kids love it.

My kids used to be at soccerviza and I am glad I made the change.

Comment

Academica is a travel club. I live a town over from Cheshire and watch the patterns of the better players in the area. Cheshire has had 3 years in the last four where they’ve had a D1 player, all of them played at CFC. Smart money doesn’t play garbage local premier.
                          Garbage reigns supreme on cfcu sidelines

Comment

Working backwards let’s confirm that AC Connecticut have closed up shop. They cut all their coaches loose and have shut down operations 100%. If you know any of the guys pick up the phone and chat. Puts coaches in a tough spot. I would expect they will refund and credit for next year since they have no operating expenses since April. I believe that AC CT will reopen for business next year but some coaches and families will be upset and won’t return.

Revolution, done. Kaput! Academica have been holding on as best they could since they got tossed out of Cheshire. They just don’t have the drawing power. SCP we’re struggling on the field and financially. They cut the cord on several coaches and contracted significantly before Covid 19. This was the final nail in the coffin. CFC Manchester was bad from the get go. They lasted what, 18 months?
                            You have no idea what you’re talking about regarding AC or Revolution.

Comment

Garbage reigns supreme on cfcu sidelines
                              If they’ve got garbage, I’d hate to see what you’ve got my friend.

I agree that CFC branches have been pretty crummy but the United program remains the standard for girl’s soccer in CT

Not sure that I agree with the poster comparing it to small clubs, kids that play on the travel plus teams don’t have top level club as an option. A better comparison would be CFC sound and those teams are nothing special. A kid from SCP or AFC would probably have a better shot at CFC united than a kid from Sound would

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X