Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hope you are joking. Otherwise, you sir, are an idiot.
    So lets figure this one out then.

(1) Beachside lost their best players to other DA clubs right?

so I fail to see a 2 ,3 , 4, 5, or a 6th point that would be a liability causing any further the clubs down fall.

(1) BSC will always get the money, after all this is FCTY

(2) BSC has a pretty good reputation with development, as much as you or i hate the Greek, it works for many with the top 1-2% going Pro in past years, add to that another 40-60% getting into their choice of D1 schools, now some may not play as they wish but the Soccer did get them where they wanted to be.

(3) The fact is, HS now helps BSC, kids dont have to choose like before.

(4) HS programs in FCTy will welcome and promote kids to play at BSC as it will only improve the HS teams chances of success.

(5) less travel and i mean less travel...ask any parent if traveling to Montreal will be missed.

(6)Fees may and should drop since BSc will mostly likely abandon the Fall for the older groups and if the MLS league is added i doubt the travel will be anything to compare like the DA was.

(7)BSC will field more teams, i also see them restarting the Girls program at a much later time.

There's more perks to this and its actually not stupid at all, BSC struggled with the Academy when competing prior and also when they took it over from SCP.
    The Academy took way too much energy and much up keeping especially in this neck of the woods with 3-4 MLS groups within an hours drive.

Comment

The Logical Voice

More talented but not better. Most HS coaches couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Former high school soccer heroes hanging on to glory days. They won't have any idea what to do with good players.

Worse, those poor players are going from real soccer to punt and chase. For the few good coaches they will strike gold.

What is the evidence you provide that supports your allegation here about the quality of high school soccer coaching? What makes you a credible judge here of coaching ability at any level? Show us data backing your claim.

Can you define "real soccer"? I've seen thousands upon thousands of games, played at all levels and ages. They all look pretty real to me.

Comment

So lets figure this one out then.

(1) Beachside lost their best players to other DA clubs right?

so I fail to see a 2 ,3 , 4, 5, or a 6th point that would be a liability causing any further the clubs down fall.

(1) BSC will always get the money, after all this is FCTY

(2) BSC has a pretty good reputation with development, as much as you or i hate the Greek, it works for many with the top 1-2% going Pro in past years, add to that another 40-60% getting into their choice of D1 schools, now some may not play as they wish but the Soccer did get them where they wanted to be.

(3) The fact is, HS now helps BSC, kids dont have to choose like before.

(4) HS programs in FCTy will welcome and promote kids to play at BSC as it will only improve the HS teams chances of success.

(5) less travel and i mean less travel...ask any parent if traveling to Montreal will be missed.

(6)Fees may and should drop since BSc will mostly likely abandon the Fall for the older groups and if the MLS league is added i doubt the travel will be anything to compare like the DA was.

(7)BSC will field more teams, i also see them restarting the Girls program at a much later time.

There's more perks to this and its actually not stupid at all, BSC struggled with the Academy when competing prior and also when they took it over from SCP.
        The Academy took way too much energy and much up keeping especially in this neck of the woods with 3-4 MLS groups within an hours drive.
        What are you drinking? I'd like to have some.

Comment

What are you drinking? I'd like to have some.
          Water, Poland Spring to be exact.

Instead of the one liner why don’t you reply with some substance on why Beachside will further fail or the what’s and why how the program will not benefit from the Academy news.

Comment

More talented but not better. Most HS coaches couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Former high school soccer heroes hanging on to glory days. They won't have any idea what to do with good players.

Worse, those poor players are going from real soccer to punt and chase. For the few good coaches they will strike gold.
            at least in the FCIAC most of the coaches are club coaches- so that punt and chase is a club coaches doing

when do they switch to Real soccer?

Comment

Water, Poland Spring to be exact.

Instead of the one liner why don’t you reply with some substance on why Beachside will further fail or the what’s and why how the program will not benefit from the Academy news.
              BS will limp along another few years until MK sells or retires. MK has burned so many bridges with families, coaches and towns. Whatever new league-of-the-day they play in certainly won't have the cache BDA used to have (and they lost all their top players to pro clubs anyway). Now it's more like anything else out there, giving players more options.
              Some families just won't be able to afford soccer any longer, even some in his FC base. Less $ around for scholarships too. He is lucky he didn't go ahead with a facility though, no mortgage there.

Comment

What is the evidence you provide that supports your allegation here about the quality of high school soccer coaching? What makes you a credible judge here of coaching ability at any level? Show us data backing your claim.

Can you define "real soccer"? I've seen thousands upon thousands of games, played at all levels and ages. They all look pretty real to me.
                If you need an explanation you clearly have not seen high school soccer games. Players who can actually possess the ball and connect passes on the ground in club instead booting the ball so the big fast kid can try and run it down and score. Pathetic. Not all high school teams and coaches but most.

Are you the same person who said it's because high school coaches don't have enough time with players even though they get 2x what club coaches get?

Comment

BS will limp along another few years until MK sells or retires. MK has burned so many bridges with families, coaches and towns. Whatever new league-of-the-day they play in certainly won't have the cache BDA used to have (and they lost all their top players to pro clubs anyway). Now it's more like anything else out there, giving players more options.
                  Some families just won't be able to afford soccer any longer, even some in his FC base. Less $ around for scholarships too. He is lucky he didn't go ahead with a facility though, no mortgage there.
                  No substance just innuendos, come on PeeWee im no fan of BSC either but just writing your experience & opinion is not facts for all, as for the affordability you can cancel that out because Academy was extremely expensive just ask those parents about the Seacoast NH and Montreal travels just to name a few.
                  Florida showcase is a 2 grand bill just before Christmas, tell that to some low income parent that the family's month of salary is spent for recruitment on one kid and Santa aint visiting Bridgeport this year.

Comment

No substance just innuendos, come on PeeWee im no fan of BSC either but just writing your experience & opinion is not facts for all, as for the affordability you can cancel that out because Academy was extremely expensive just ask those parents about the Seacoast NH and Montreal travels just to name a few.
                    Florida showcase is a 2 grand bill just before Christmas, tell that to some low income parent that the family's month of salary is spent for recruitment on one kid and Santa aint visiting Bridgeport this year.
                    There will still be travel and where will players be seen by college coaches now? Poster is right- BS will be ok but it will not return to its past dominance. The landscape has changed. There are too many other options out there now for families, many less expensive than what BS charges. Price value matters more now. People are questioning where they're spending their money and time. BS will continue to lose their most talented players to MLS. No way they can hang on to them.

Comment

There will still be travel and where will players be seen by college coaches now? Poster is right- BS will be ok but it will not return to its past dominance. The landscape has changed. There are too many other options out there now for families, many less expensive than what BS charges. Price value matters more now. People are questioning where they're spending their money and time. BS will continue to lose their most talented players to MLS. No way they can hang on to them.
                      Finally a poster that gets it.

I agree with most what you said but let’s not forget what BSC has and that’s MKs connection with the clubs reputation.
                      MK can make a phone call to a Villanova coach saying “come look at this kid“ and the coach will and if not his assistant.

Shoreline, Everton and many others wouldn’t get a call back.
                      As of recent Shoreline teamed up with Chelsea piers and Everton changed their name overnight it just shows an inconsistency of the competitors and the unknown of its coach's.
                      As bad as things may sound I still believe this was a blessing for BSC and the Academy closing it resets and gives BSC time to mend its wounds.
                      Lastly when it comes to player tuition, I still believe BSCs situation for Financial Assistance works best for the talented low income kids, other rival clubs can’t compete getting rich FCTY families like BSC does.

Comment

I agree with most what you said but let’s not forget what BSC has and that’s MKs connection with the clubs reputation.
                        MK can make a phone call to a Villanova coach saying “come look at this kid“ and the coach will and if not his assistant.

As of recent Shoreline teamed up with Chelsea piers and Everton changed their name overnight it just shows an inconsistency of the competitors and the unknown of its coach's.
                        As bad as things may sound I still believe this was a blessing for BSC and the Academy closing it resets and gives BSC time to mend its wounds.
                        Lastly when it comes to player tuition, I still believe BSCs situation for Financial Assistance works best for the talented low income kids, other rival clubs can’t compete getting rich FCTY families like BSC does.

BSC is not going to reset anything. It's this simple--they do provide better exposure for players than other local clubs and because of that parents and kids make their deal with the devil to get what they want.

They know the club has fallen a LONG way from where it was. They know it's run by an ego-maniacal sleazy used car salesman and now has added another to get his 'facilities.' They know most of the good coaches have left. And they know running the same exact practices everyday at every level is boring as hell.

BUT, they also know that because the club is still living off its old reputation they can benefit from being there. The issue the club is going to have is this will eventually catch up with them--their premier teams used to compete in EDP tournaments in top brackets and at least compete. Now they could not beat a town travel team. The club has fallen a long way.

That's the 100% reality

Comment

Today's BS isn't the BS of old, not even MK's reputation is solid any longer.

Comment

Beachside has become a F’n joke. 25 years and still no home base, once you meet MK and get to know him you immediately know why. Look at who the coaches are that have left year after year after year. No one with any spine wants to work for that guy. You have to be willing to sit around and laugh at all his jokes and ready to act at the snap of his finger. His coaches are young guys that will listen to him without any back talk or old men with nowhere else to go and have been with him since the 90’s. They were the same back than. Although his ego has grown tremendously.

Look what his branch level teams have put out. Coaches with no coaching history. No licenses. OT running one of the branches like the shtshow he runs everything else. You can’t make this up.

Comment

I agree that Beachside staff is not strong. But they should still be able to compete as a CT club. Their reputation is falling though and the disappearance of DA won’t help them. The fact that this guy and this club have no physical home is a joke. How do you spend 30 years in CT soccer and have nothing to show for it. If they are not careful they could be gone within the next 3 years.

Comment

Fact

No BSC ACADEMY team plays or did play in the EDP league.

No travel team has beaten or closely beaten a BSC ACADEMY team.

Let’s keep the facts and opinions separate. Currently there’s two levels of talent at BSC but before the Academy badge -BSC had one level/and one team per age group, most considered this as the glory days of BSC.
                                The reset now removes the everyday grind the Academy brings to BSC. No more are they ONLY compared to the top dogs of the NY MLS clubs. The competitors now are local and then they will be seen by more clubs, parents and their children, the glory then will rise if success against its new competition is proven and the critics will be silenced.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X