Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western United Pioneers

I believe that the Western United and Jr. Pioneers merger has been a failure to this point. No cohesiveness, just coaches doing what they choose. WU should be on their own as Pioneers offer nothing except for a turf field.

Correct !

Comment

We used to look forward to games against WU. Now they are boring. We take these wins for granted on the schedule. What happened to this club? It really is a shame.

Comment

It's simple. Loosing good players, coaches and no board members care !
        They are their own worst enemy.

Comment

three twordAn

Western kind of losing golden touch, at least in boys soccer. Did they finish 1st in any boys division last fall? For all the pomp and circumstance this club looks a bit.... average..

Comment

Look at their coaches. One great coach in the whole club and they have him coaching a U17 "B" team. Makes sense.

Comment

Get ready for more players and coaches to defect at the end of the spring season

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Get ready for more players and coaches to defect at the end of the spring season
                Where would they go, what other options are out that way?

Comment

This area has :
                  Stars of west, Berkshire , FC Mass for premier.
                  Glorified town coached premier programs are Mutiny, PV Storm, Euro United

It's slim pickings I guess. WU problems are deep and starts with LYSA- ludlow youth soccer association. All (except a small handful) involved do not realize how bad their foot stomping is hurting this area. It's all about me mentality filled by small men.
                  I've been out of soccer programs in Ludlow with my two son for three years and nothing has changed. Just gets worst ... Shame on them.

Comment

Western kind of losing golden touch, at least in boys soccer. Did they finish 1st in any boys division last fall? For all the pomp and circumstance this club looks a bit.... average..

Interesting comment. My kid plays for a U17 team in E MA so I don't know about the other age groups, but the U17 Pioneer boys are playing in the Region 1 Premier League this spring after an undefeated season in sub-regionals last year. NEFC and (the allegedly big-time) Blazers did not qualify. As many are HS Juniors, this is the most important season for many of them for college recruiting, so this is a pretty big deal for them.

Comment

Interesting comment. My kid plays for a U17 team in E MA so I don't know about the other age groups, but the U17 Pioneer boys are playing in the Region 1 Premier League this spring after an undefeated season in sub-regionals last year. NEFC and (the allegedly big-time) Blazers did not qualify. As many are HS Juniors, this is the most important season for many of them for college recruiting, so this is a pretty big deal for them.
                      NEFC did not apply, playing NEP only. Don't know about Blazers.

Comment

This area has :
                        Stars of west, Berkshire , FC Mass for premier.
                        Glorified town coached premier programs are Mutiny, PV Storm, Euro United

It's slim pickings I guess. WU problems are deep and starts with LYSA- ludlow youth soccer association. All (except a small handful) involved do not realize how bad their foot stomping is hurting this area. It's all about me mentality filled by small men.
                        I've been out of soccer programs in Ludlow with my two son for three years and nothing has changed. Just gets worst ... Shame on them.
                        WUP is a club filled with parent coaches. Not sure, but I don't think the top clubs in New England have parent coaches. Maybe unless dad has an "a" license.. not the case

Comment

We looked at the girls side of the club last spring and decided the quality of coaching was not as good as other clubs in the area. WUP was also more expensive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1163254]WUP is a club filled with parent coaches. Not sure, but I don't think the top clubs in New England have parent coaches. Maybe unless dad has an "a" license.. not the case[/QUOTENo

Not So at all. Prove me wrong, who are they?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1163877]
                              WUP is a club filled with parent coaches. Not sure, but I don't think the top clubs in New England have parent coaches. Maybe unless dad has an "a" license.. not the case[/QUOTENo

Not So at all. Prove me wrong, who are they?
                              FM, AS, DC, MS, JF, JM, etc etc etc. Proved wrong. Go to the site you knucklehead.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X