Coastal caught cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The penalties for such behavior should be harsh. Penalties that are directed toward individual players do not teach the team too much and does not get to the root of the problems, the latter being a weak system of assuring accuracy of such data. When you punish the whole team then you start to get the attention of the parents who are paying for their own kids. When you punish the club then everyone notices including other clubs.

It does depend on who really was at fault. If the parents and kid lie to look better then that kid should be off the team and banned from playing for the year. If there is a second infraction and/or the coach was involved then the coach and team are banned from play for a year. If there are more than one instance involving more than one team then those teams are banned from the years play and the club is banned from ANY state cup play. As for region 1, I would suggest a similar policy.

Harsh and mean-spirited......yes. But it would definitely get the attention of all and make anyone think twice about cheating. Hammer got away with it by simply pulling their teams from State cup play, but no one really investigated them.
    I agree a five game ban is light. BB was suspended a year for recruiting violation. I believe they should have received the same punishment. Faking birth certificates in order to make money is just as worse as recruiting. A players could get seriously hurt by playing with other players two or three years older. No thought of the safety of their players.

Comment

I agree a five game ban is light. BB was suspended a year for recruiting violation. I believe they should have received the same punishment. Faking birth certificaetes in order to make money is just as worse as recruiting. A players could get seriously hurt by playing with other players two or three years older. No thought of the safety of their players.
      I do not believe that BB's suspension was a year. Maybe a season.

Comment

why come on here and tell everyone this? Is this on the MAPLPE site or are you disclosing something that should not be disclosed (or is not true)?
        Posting it because its true and people should be aware of who they are dealing with when they deal with both ET and PT. They only care about the almighty dollar and always have - its not about the players at all. Dont know whether its on the web site or not but there is no gag order in effect. Feel free to call B Walker who handed down the decision.

Comment

Should go work for MPS....he'll fit right in.
          He did already but was also caught "cheating" of sorts. While player coach of CC Crusaders, he grabbed players to help start PTUSA

Comment

I wish all of you would just grow the f@ck up!
            Nice post TG! Very mature. You probably dont even care that ET tried to serve you up on a platter as the responsible party. Blind loyalty - love it! At least SM had the sense not to be used by those two anymore

Comment

Politics? Considering the bad blood between Coastal and CSU and the fact that TD is one of the Commissioners of MAPLE.....TD may have used his position to settle a score.

TD is rumored to be the one that dropped the dime. Not exactly a neutral party. And no I am not ET or PT in case you were wondering.
              TD should be careful as there have been many instances where he has not played by the rules and stole players and coaches. The old Blackwatch truce between the clubs involved meant nothing to him.

Comment

Politics? Considering the bad blood between Coastal and CSU and the fact that TD is one of the Commissioners of MAPLE.....TD may have used his position to settle a score.

TD is rumored to be the one that dropped the dime. Not exactly a neutral party. And no I am not ET or PT in case you were wondering.
                I did not realize that TD was that connected to MAPLE. Wonder if he had to pay the fine last year when his U18 state cup team walked out on him and caused a forfeit? Did MAPLE look the other way?

Comment

I did not realize that TD was that connected to MAPLE. Wonder if he had to pay the fine last year when his U18 state cup team walked out on him and caused a forfeit? Did MAPLE look the other way?
                  Hey nice try deflecting PT! There was already a thread dedicated to TD and that fiasco, but this is your time to shine. CHEATING AT THE U10 LEVEL - PATHETIC! Cheater, cheater, bangers and mash eater!

Comment

Hey nice try deflecting PT! There was already a thread dedicated to TD and that fiasco, but this is your time to shine. CHEATING AT THE U10 LEVEL - PATHETIC! Cheater, cheater, bangers and mash eater!
                    Did he have to pay?

Comment

Maybe a nice letter to the Editor of the Marshfield Mariner is in order.

Comment

Good bangers and mash is one of life's little pleasures.

Comment

There was no cheating! The team was cleared to play by k Irwin.

GV is obviously finished camp and has too much time on his hands. He is a scum bag and a coward.

This was a U9 team and every player was eligible to play.

I think you'll see both at the fields!

Comment

Does anyone at CSU really think they gain any credibility from creating these kind of posts?

PT and ET have done pretty well with Coastal. 25 teams in 12 months.

CSU should focus on fixing their own awful reputation and stop worrying about their neighbors.

The facts of this case have been emailed to the teams. If anyone really wants to know what is going on talk to one of the parents.

Desperate attempts from really sad, pathetic people that continue to paint themselves as really bitter people.

90 % of these posts are clearly from GV.

Comment

Should a coach who gets suspended for cheating be coaching for a public school?

Marshfield will be looking for a new head coach soon.

Comment

Does anyone at CSU really think they gain any credibility from creating these kind of posts?

PT and ET have done pretty well with Coastal. 25 teams in 12 months.

CSU should focus on fixing their own awful reputation and stop worrying about their neighbors.

The facts of this case have been emailed to the teams. If anyone really wants to know what is going on talk to one of the parents.

Desperate attempts from really sad, pathetic people that continue to paint themselves as really bitter people.

90 % of these posts are clearly from GV.
                                Well said PT! Your personal grudge against GV is clear. How about don't cheat? It wasn't GV who suspended you.

Comment

Working...
                                X