Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not having a horse in this race as I have two boys. I wonder why I keep coming back to these posts. I just don't see why it matters what certain parents pick for their kids. It seems everyone is doing their best based on what they feel is better for their kids. Who cares? And why? It doesn't affect you at all.

I think I keep coming back to the board because, I feel the pull to this hyper competitive dark side like a lot of people here are showing. But I'm not the one competing. I'm a chauffeur and cheerleader. We need each others clubs to succeed. There can only be a game if we have opponents. RCL, PSPL, ECNL, GAL. Good luck to all of you and I hope that more than anything you praise the work each of your kids are putting in.
    Ding ding ding! You nailed it with "hypercompetitive dark side." This board is a soap opera, a car crash, a dumpster fire. It's hard to look away. And scary to think some of these people might be standing next to you on the sidelines. The kids get forgotten sometimes.

Comment

Is it true?
      Yes it's true. This man has no d***.

(Retro Ghostbusters for ya...)

Comment

Yes it's true. This man has no d***.

(Retro Ghostbusters for ya...)
        Two more Nor Cal clubs in GA— FC Bay Area (the reconstituted Quakes, which had some very strong DA teams), and Sporting Santa Clara (which has had some decent teams). Still really need some more teams in the PNW and/or BC to help on the travel front, but it is shaping up to be a pretty solid division.

Comment

Two more Nor Cal clubs in GA— FC Bay Area (the reconstituted Quakes, which had some very strong DA teams), and Sporting Santa Clara (which has had some decent teams). Still really need some more teams in the PNW and/or BC to help on the travel front, but it is shaping up to be a pretty solid division.
          Really? Do you hear yourself? You are talking about 2 very average local teams playing in a Californian League. Two teams from PSPL at that. Might as well let all the PSPL teams in and call it GAL North and South.

Those same California would vote the 2 Washington teams out if they could.

Comment

Really? Do you hear yourself? You are talking about 2 very average local teams playing in a Californian League. Two teams from PSPL at that. Might as well let all the PSPL teams in and call it GAL North and South.

Those same California would vote the 2 Washington teams out if they could.
            The 04 Quakes were not an average team. And why do you care if other parents are happy about GAL? Don't join the league if you don't like it.

Comment

Think the poster was referring to Reign and ISC. I have a tendency to agree. Given those teams previous level of play there’s no way interstate travel is required to find an appropriate level of competition. They would both be fine in the NPL. That being said, we will see what all these teams look like throughout the PNW when we return because I don’t believe anyone actually knows.

Comment

Think the poster was referring to Reign and ISC. I have a tendency to agree. Given those teams previous level of play there’s no way interstate travel is required to find an appropriate level of competition. They would both be fine in the NPL. That being said, we will see what all these teams look like throughout the PNW when we return because I don’t believe anyone actually knows.
                I’m afraid you’re wrong about that, at least as it pertains to ISC. Their G06, G07, and GO8 teams have won the PSPL state cup year after year after year with very little competition. And in the spring league, they usually play up just to get some challenge.

So where else are they supposed to play? ECNL won’t let ISC in because Eastside FC has a blood feud and refuses to be reasonable. RCL is not competitive enough. ISC has a strong tightconnection between coaches, players, and parents, so these girls are not just going to leave ISC to go play for another club. They had no choice, largely due to the jerk a holes who ice them out of ECNL.

Comment

I’m afraid you’re wrong about that, at least as it pertains to ISC. Their G06, G07, and GO8 teams have won the PSPL state cup year after year after year with very little competition. And in the spring league, they usually play up just to get some challenge.

So where else are they supposed to play? ECNL won’t let ISC in because Eastside FC has a blood feud and refuses to be reasonable. RCL is not competitive enough. ISC has a strong tightconnection between coaches, players, and parents, so these girls are not just going to leave ISC to go play for another club. They had no choice, largely due to the jerk a holes who ice them out of ECNL.
                  Give it about two years and the top players will leave those teams for local ECNL teams.....that is a fact. Then you are back to being average at best.

...and please do not bring up well the 99 team all stayed together. They will feed you that crap to keep you at the club. Stay woke parents.

Comment

Give it about two years and the top players will leave those teams for local ECNL teams.....that is a fact. Then you are back to being average at best.

...and please do not bring up well the 99 team all stayed together. They will feed you that crap to keep you at the club. Stay woke parents.
                    One thing that’s a fact is that no one knows what anything will look like in two years. A couple years ago it looked like ECNL was toast, XF had its top teams in DA, and Pac/Eastside/SU didn’t have their own elite programs. I don’t know anyone from ISC, but don’t see why their good young wouldn’t mostly stay together if they are getting good coaching and if GA develops into a stable competitive platform.

Comment

If ISC had ECNL (or equivalent, not saying that GAL is or ever will be), their top girls likely wouldn't leave. They don't have a choice right now, so the top girls that can and want to play ECNL need to go elsewhere. ISC must be doing something right if they develop talent good enough to displace girls at the ECNL clubs.

The Seattle area is over saturated with "elite" teams anyways. ECNL should just absorb Reign/ISC, create a competitive NW division (7-8 teams within an hr drive?), collect some $, and call it a day.

Comment

One thing that’s a fact is that no one knows what anything will look like in two years. A couple years ago it looked like ECNL was toast, XF had its top teams in DA, and Pac/Eastside/SU didn’t have their own elite programs. I don’t know anyone from ISC, but don’t see why their good young wouldn’t mostly stay together if they are getting good coaching and if GA develops into a stable competitive platform.
                        So many IFs!

Comment

If ISC had ECNL (or equivalent, not saying that GAL is or ever will be), their top girls likely wouldn't leave. They don't have a choice right now, so the top girls that can and want to play ECNL need to go elsewhere. ISC must be doing something right if they develop talent good enough to displace girls at the ECNL clubs.

The Seattle area is over saturated with "elite" teams anyways. ECNL should just absorb Reign/ISC, create a competitive NW division (7-8 teams within an hr drive?), collect some $, and call it a day.
                          WYS did this already. It was called RCL 1 back in the day.

Comment

Show me some results between ISC A and local ECNL or RCL div 1. Checked the top div of XF challenge results and Rainier Challenge and didn't see them listed.

I have respect for ISC A and think it's crap they don't let them in to RCL or ECNL, but to say there's not enough competition in RCL is I think a stretch.

Comment

This move for ISC is about the future. This keeps the ‘06 - ‘08 players at the club. It lets the youngers know there is a future playing top clubs and getting exposure. ‘05 and above have lost too many players for this to bring any of them back. ISC has to do something since Terry Fischer won’t let them into WYS. Will the league work who knows, are the other clubs top level, maybe or maybe not. I guessing these clubs had to do something to keep players and grow. Ideally everyone should be in one league and let results on field sort it out. However we all know that will never happen. So hopefully it works.

Comment

The real answer is get rid of Terry Fischer and Stanley Holmes...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X