Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not rostered and not told

I can understand if my daughter was not rostered for a match. But - is it fair to NOT tell the player and still have them travel (AND PAY) and make her sit on the bench with hopes of being subbed in at some point? I found out afterwards and my daughter has no idea her coach had no intention of having her play.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can understand if my daughter was not rostered for a match. But - is it fair to NOT tell the player and still have them travel (AND PAY) and make her sit on the bench with hopes of being subbed in at some point? I found out afterwards and my daughter has no idea her coach had no intention of having her play.
    I would be pissed.

Comment

I would be pissed.
      That’s sad mate! What are youth sports coming to and does it really matter. Superstar coaches want there trophy, it’s not about kids anymore

Comment

Should have been told and given the option not to travel.

Comment

Unacceptable. What club did this?!

Comment

You are lucky. Many times in the DA if they're not rostered they're not allowed to even sit on the bench.

Saw it happen once last year to a player. The player travelled the distance (12 hour bus ride) and they were told they had to sit on the grass outside of the player sidelines(a far distance).

Think about this for a second. The player travels, the coach and any other club reps are responsible for their supervision/safety (parents aren't there) and while they're busy coaching a game a player is left alone nowhere near a spot where they can keep an eye on them. If something happened and the kid is 400 miles from home it would be a disaster.

Sometimes the stupidity is stunning.

Sorry this happened to you

Comment

Sounds like your dd traveled, sat on the bench, but didn't get any minutes.
              Welcome to club soccer. Newbie parent, I assume.
              Gets worse as you get older. If your dd isn't a starter, then this is how it is.

There are some clubs, especially GDA, that forces everyone to travel, but the
              roster isn't announced until a few hours before the game. So, you can't even
              sit with your team. Some coaches and club have this idea that brutality is the key
              to making great soccer players and killing off the weak. Great. Tell that to a 14 year
              old girl.

So couple things to watch for parents:
              1. Rosters larger than 18.
              2. Ask the club/team if that is their policy.
              3. Understand where your kid fits on the team. Starter, off the bench, or practice cone.

Good luck.

Comment

If your D is not in the top 7 or 8 on the roster, a core player and starting 85% of the games; you are wasting your time, money and your child's youth.

Comment

If your D is not in the top 7 or 8 on the roster, a core player and starting 85% of the games; you are wasting your time, money and your child's youth.
                  I have a good contact for you to call. Sideline losers. 1-800-soccer left my child behind.

Comment

Unacceptable. What club did this?!
                    Space Coast United. NPL

Comment

I have a good contact for you to call. Sideline losers. 1-800-soccer left my child behind.
                      The ***** wipes are up early today. You have every right to be pissed. For some reason too many soccer coaches lack any concept of basic courtesy. If the child is not going to play, the parent should be given the option of keeping him/her at home. There is just better things to do on a weekend than travel, stay in a hotel, and sit on the sidelines of a soccer field. Its common sense.

Comment

Space Coast United. NPL
                        If the player was on the roster and didn't get playing time, that's one thing. If the player wasn't even on the roster so had no potential of playing, then that's totally not cool.

You have several options that will be far more effective than posting here.

1. Speak to the team coach to find out what the situation was and why.

2. Escalate it to the DOC responsible for the age group and share your concerns at that level.

3. Take it to the Board and ask them to determine what happened and address the situation formally.

If you aren't willing to engage with the people who can actually find out what happened and rectify the situation going forward face to face like an adult, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Comment

If the player was on the roster and didn't get playing time, that's one thing. If the player wasn't even on the roster so had no potential of playing, then that's totally not cool.

2. Escalate it to the DOC responsible for the age group and share your concerns at that level.

3. Take it to the Board and ask them to determine what happened and address the situation formally.

If you aren't willing to engage with the people who can actually find out what happened and rectify the situation going forward face to face like an adult, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you ever been part of SCU? Thats not how it works

Comment

Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you ever been part of SCU? Thats not how it works
                            It's how being an adult works. People who think they can resolve issues by venting online are immature and unrealistic. People who man up and go up the chain of command face to face can affect change.

That is such a "duh" concept I can't believe I even have to say it.

Comment

Thank you!!! This should be the answer to about 95% of the complaints on this web site. Especially, the kook from FESA who is still complaining his D. wasn't invited to travel to Nationals 12-weeks ago and he is still posting about it 3 times a day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X