X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true in the least bit.
    Look at the rosters of the very good schools such as duke, and others.. etc. Many academy players and foreign players. You have to be a standout academically and with Soccer. You could be a standout in club soccer without being in DA.. what is the percentage of those kids. If my kid gets into a school without the diced I would rather have him go to an outstanding school than go to an average school playing soccer.

Comment

Look at the rosters of the very good schools such as duke, and others.. etc. Many academy players and foreign players. You have to be a standout academically and with Soccer. You could be a standout in club soccer without being in DA.. what is the percentage of those kids. If my kid gets into a school without the diced I would rather have him go to an outstanding school than go to an average school playing soccer.
      You are too rational for this thread.

Comment

You are too rational for this thread.
        yes - the poster is rational and 100% correct.

Non-DA players do make it to college ball, but usually only D3 and D2 and on peripheral of some D1 rosters. Exceptions tend to be the physical specimen striker who scores tons of goals on a winning high school team

It's ironic that US Soccer created the DA to develop players for and funnel players to USYNT program, but reality is that DA teams allow colleges to recruit easily and efficiently.

Comment

OC is a joke. The DA is gone. The dreamy pyramid is gone. OC is a dumpster fire on steroids
          Try and tell that to current OC DA players and parents. I think they feel everything will be the same next season. Get ready for change and to open your wallet.

Comment

Try and tell that to current OC DA players and parents. I think they feel everything will be the same next season. Get ready for change and to open your wallet.
            how many want to get out now or at end of season?

Comment

how many want to get out now or at end of season?
              We are out but that’s a family choice

Not the OC we were sold at tryouts

Comment

We are out but that’s a family choice

Not the OC we were sold at tryouts
                Same here. OC is not a real MLS academy. Can’t wait for the year to be over.

Comment

Are you certain that CM didn’t sign his contract extension with Mann United
                  Jump on the CM clown car. The Parade is filled with make believe and wonderland talks

Comment

No we seeit👌 Most of us are prepared for next year. Don’t worry if you want to buy a MLS DA spot for your inferior child next year MV will surly sell you one for 51,000 next year

Comment

No we seeit👌 Most of us are prepared for next year. Don’t worry if you want to buy a MLS DA spot for your inferior child next year MV will surly sell you one for 51,000 next year
                      Yep, it'll be the same reason your inferior child wont have a spot.

Comment

Yep, it'll be the same reason your inferior child wont have a spot.
                        YEP That is why he already has 3 invites to train with MLS DA clubs in JulY. But like I said for 51 grand you can make your child special. Or feel that way.

Comment

YEP That is why he already has 3 invites to train with MLS DA clubs in JulY. But like I said for 51 grand you can make your child special. Or feel that way.
                          $51 x 4 = $204K

Wow your special

Comment

Below are some Facts no one can argue

OC DA has been in operations for about 6 years

My son was 12 years old 6 years ago

My son has around 25-35 friends in the same group

My son is about to turn 18

My son has attended roughly 5 practices a week not including games for on average 40 weeks per year and that’s a low estimation

That’s 1200 practices with OC academy staff and countess hours. Do the math..

We have been given little college support. When my son was 12-15 it was all about being the next MLS Orlando City player NOW just college option would be great yet we have had little to no support.

Signed

You have had plenty of time to Develop my son and his friends.
                            And the truth will set you free

Comment

And the truth will set you free
                              MV is already doing a much better job and they have just started.

Comment

MV are better marketers...other than that, not much good to report

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X