Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Having a patch isn't a guarantee of quality. It's all relative to who else on the team and who the coach wants on the field. Attitude can make a difference too. Plenty of club players need to have some big chips knocked off their shoulders.
    Plenty???? a few, but not plenty. If they're an ECNL or DA player. There are a plenty of good NPL players too. The only non club kids that can out shine a few are the kids that just have the "it" factor and are tremendous athletes and some other sport is their main sport. You're talking out your butt by using the word "plenty"... FSA have made some errors in evaluating players, but even those numbers are small.
    90% of club players are top 5 on their HS teams.

Comment

Just revisiting this little nugget of goodness.

Bwaaaahhhaaaaahhaaaaa!
      What is it with you? Granby outplayed a top LL team who has made the semifinals and finals in their class virtually every year the past 3-4 years and come out with a 0-0. How is it delusional to say they are winning the NCCC and will repeat as M champs? I don’t see anyone in M beating Granby.

Comment

Where do the Granby players play club?

Comment

What is it with you? Granby outplayed a top LL team who has made the semifinals and finals in their class virtually every year the past 3-4 years and come out with a 0-0. How is it delusional to say they are winning the NCCC and will repeat as M champs? I don’t see anyone in M beating Granby.
          There's your issue .... SUFFIELD is NOT a top LL team. Some success in the past few years during their exceptionally weak regular season and not great in playoffs. Sorry, they are not as good this year as they have been in the past anyways .... lost a lot of key players from the past 2-3 years "run".

Comment

They gather at Granby middle school and the elementary school field and kick it around from time to time. Club teams are afraid to play these savage travel teams.

Comment

There's your issue .... SUFFIELD is NOT a top LL team. Some success in the past few years during their exceptionally weak regular season and not great in playoffs. Sorry, they are not as good this year as they have been in the past anyways .... lost a lot of key players from the past 2-3 years "run".
              How do you know that Suffield is not a top LL team? Have you seen them play? Do you know the specifics as to the team make up (ie returning starters, star freshmen). I sure don't but what I do know is that many coaches from the state do consider them a top team in the state as the are #3 in the LL/L poll. If the reigning class M champion that went 19-1 the prior year and returns 7 starters ties the #3 ranked LL/L team I think its fair to say that they are a top team in the state and can play competitively with anyone (even the greatly hyped teams in the FCIAC) and are favorites to win their conference and retain their title of class M champ.

Those are the facts. Not sure how they can be disputed.

Comment

Trump

How do you know that Suffield is not a top LL team? Have you seen them play? Do you know the specifics as to the team make up (ie returning starters, star freshmen). I sure don't but what I do know is that many coaches from the state do consider them a top team in the state as the are #3 in the LL/L poll. If the reigning class M champion that went 19-1 the prior year and returns 7 starters ties the #3 ranked LL/L team I think its fair to say that they are a top team in the state and can play competitively with anyone (even the greatly hyped teams in the FCIAC) and are favorites to win their conference and retain their title of class M champ.

I saw the LL finals a couple of years ago when Glastonbury beat Ridgefield. I saw Granby last night control play against a top LL team. Granby is well coached and it is clear that they have premier players. This is a really good team that should win most if not all of their games this year.

Comment

I saw the LL finals a couple of years ago when Glastonbury beat Ridgefield. I saw Granby last night control play against a top LL team. Granby is well coached and it is clear that they have premier players. This is a really good team that should win most if not all of their games this year.
                  like granby rovers of yesteryear. RUFF RUFF

Comment

Various clubs. Some ECNL players.

Comment

READ the quote and prediction the Granby-fanboy made. You brought that s!ht on yourself.

There are some good examples on this board of BAD fans who draw unwanted attention to their favorite team, or worst, their daughter. Don’t be like (of recent vintage) Trumbull, or Masuk, or McMahon, ....

Let the results happen before you start bragging, or get ready for the pain to rain down on you on this board.

Comment

Agree

- Granby Parent

Comment

It’s a poll how does that make it facts,

If they played in the FCIAC they would lose 10 of there 16 games

Comment

Hall 2-1 over Farmington.

Comment

Hall 2-1 over Farmington.
                              I thought farmington won 1-0

Comment

I thought farmington won 1-0
                                (boys) Farmington won 1-0, (girls) Farmington lost 2-1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X