Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol...whatever you need to tell yourself to come to feel ok with FC. Take an in-depth look at the 05 Boys team from U11 thru present day and then try and make a compelling argument for FC. 4 kids on TA, and they both wear that like a badge of honor, and use it like a crutch. Their parents though, are the worst.
    When the Timbers Academy plays at the oldest two ages come back and tell us how many locals our actually playing meaningful minutes. This charade with the pre hs younger ages electing to play Timbers DA or little club DA or OYSA club ball doesn't produce or churn out and significant mass of quality player that is ever relevant with the older Timbers DA or T2. Which begs the question, what's the point of it....Jus sayin.

Comment

what's the point of it....Jus sayin.
      To see if you can run the gauntlet?

It's fine if you're kid doesn't want to do that, or wants to do multiple sports, or whatever.

But I'll never understand why parents like you are upset that other kids give it a go.

Comment

lol...whatever you need to tell yourself to come to feel ok with FC. Take an in-depth look at the 05 Boys team from U11 thru present day and then try and make a compelling argument for FC. 4 kids on TA, and they both wear that like a badge of honor, and use it like a crutch. Their parents though, are the worst.
        No one cares about middle school boys soccer dork ball

Comment

Week 3 results

Not sure we ever got final results for all teams last week.

06s:
          Crossfire 7, Capital 0
          Updx 2, Washington Timbers 1
          FC-Westside?

05s
          Crossfire 3, Capital 2
          Washington 2, UPDX 0
          FC 4, Westside 3

What about 07s?

Comment

When the Timbers Academy plays at the oldest two ages come back and tell us how many locals our actually playing meaningful minutes. This charade with the pre hs younger ages electing to play Timbers DA or little club DA or OYSA club ball doesn't produce or churn out and significant mass of quality player that is ever relevant with the older Timbers DA or T2. Which begs the question, what's the point of it....Jus sayin.
            The point is to try. The first team is getting players from around the world. The training environment at TA is significantly better than any of the local alternatives. Having the opportunity to find their ceiling is the point. This is the only path to T2 or the Timbers if that's the dream. Just because it's unlikely to make it doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

Comment

The point is to try. The first team is getting players from around the world. The training environment at TA is significantly better than any of the local alternatives. Having the opportunity to find their ceiling is the point. This is the only path to T2 or the Timbers if that's the dream. Just because it's unlikely to make it doesn't mean they shouldn't try.
              Who lied to you. You are snake salesman.

Training environment of TA is a joke. Probably why they cleaned house and many clubs aren’t even sending their best players anymore.

T2 Timbers? The only path? How many on that roster didn’t play for the TA? Damn you Timbers people are lying snakes.

Comment

Who lied to you. You are snake salesman.

Training environment of TA is a joke. Probably why they cleaned house and many clubs aren’t even sending their best players anymore.

T2 Timbers? The only path? How many on that roster didn’t play for the TA? Damn you Timbers people are lying snakes.
                Every local player on T2 or signed with the Timbers has Academy ties. Go watch a training session.

Comment

T2

If you watch T2 train you will not see any locals, closest thing is the 1 player from, Seattle.

Comment

He was right, most of T2 players had tied with Academies, but not the Timbers Academy.

Comment

He was right, most of T2 players had tied with Academies, but not the Timbers Academy.
                      Along with the 2 TA players in Farfan and Langsdorf.

Comment

Every local player on T2 or signed with the Timbers has Academy ties. Go watch a training session.
                        Mmmmk? So, there is 1 or 2 kids that have seen some time with T2, that are academy kids. Your point is? BTW, one of those kids plays at Xavier, so you really shouldn't count him. The point that you are missing is that the Timbers Academy has failed (REPEATEDLY) to invest in youth soccer in this area, and to develop the talent. I know that it is not a priority for them, so that is why they haven't. I also know that instead of investing in youth soccer, they have profited off of youth soccer. TA should be so much more than they are, and the fact that people like you and others give them a free pass for not doing so is the problem. TA should aspire for more than mediocrity and apathy. Should change the initials from TA to MA.

Comment

Mmmmk? So, there is 1 or 2 kids that have seen some time with T2, that are academy kids. Your point is? BTW, one of those kids plays at Xavier, so you really shouldn't count him. The point that you are missing is that the Timbers Academy has failed (REPEATEDLY) to invest in youth soccer in this area, and to develop the talent. I know that it is not a priority for them, so that is why they haven't. I also know that instead of investing in youth soccer, they have profited off of youth soccer. TA should be so much more than they are, and the fact that people like you and others give them a free pass for not doing so is the problem. TA should aspire for more than mediocrity and apathy. Should change the initials from TA to MA.
                          So much more like what exactly? They seem to provide everything needed for a talented player to get from U11 club to signing a contract, and they do it better than any other club in the area. That's my point. Expecting them to take your little Johnny by the hand and deliver him to a contract is a ridiculous ask. If a player decides to take ownership of his progress, then they provide all of what's needed. What more do you want from them?

Comment

So much more like what exactly? They seem to provide everything needed for a talented player to get from U11 club to signing a contract, and they do it better than any other club in the area. That's my point. Expecting them to take your little Johnny by the hand and deliver him to a contract is a ridiculous ask. If a player decides to take ownership of his progress, then they provide all of what's needed. What more do you want from them?
                            You are delusional and selfish. If all was done correctly the overall quality and develipment of all would occur. You would have Timbers coaches mentoring all local coaches and giving development and coaching tips and Timbers players involved with local kids with all actually interested in teaching and developing players. A culture of excellence takes time, effort and genuine interest and a commitment by all levels to whatever core values are agreed too and established not just eager kids and wealthy parents. Currently TA is failing because it’s a money grabbing chit show, causing animosity and contention in the market and it is much deserved. As a person who played baseball professionally (even though I only made it to the triple A level) and came up through an academy environment I feel like I have a perspective of someone who actually understands what it takes to make it and can see what TA lacks and the fact that TA IS NOT giving our local youth the support and opportunities to be successful.

Comment

You are delusional and selfish. If all was done correctly the overall quality and develipment of all would occur. You would have Timbers coaches mentoring all local coaches and giving development and coaching tips and Timbers players involved with local kids with all actually interested in teaching and developing players. A culture of excellence takes time, effort and genuine interest and a commitment by all levels to whatever core values are agreed too and established not just eager kids and wealthy parents. Currently TA is failing because it’s a money grabbing chit show, causing animosity and contention in the market and it is much deserved. As a person who played baseball professionally (even though I only made it to the triple A level) and came up through an academy environment I feel like I have a perspective of someone who actually understands what it takes to make it and can see what TA lacks and the fact that TA IS NOT giving our local youth the support and opportunities to be successful.
                              Not sure you understand Portland or even the Oregon talent pool it’s really quite sad the MLS forces this club to have it. What’s even more disappointing, Portland Timbers chose to try it here. It’s been a multi million dollar money pit for the Timbers, seriously I feel bad for MP wasting millions. The lucky locals chosen for the DA get it all paid for and get to play really exceptional MLS DA teams and some of the best clubs in the nation. They are giving the local youth the opportunity to do something they would never get at any local club and they pay for it. You might be the most clueless poster ever to grace this site. How many times were you beaned in baseball. God Bless you.

Comment

Relax, LP. Or as you say, chill...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X