The girls 2007 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We considered DA but opted for ECNL due to the substitution rule (daughter is a starter and plays a lot of minutes on current team) and travel involved with DA. Choose what works for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I thought CFC developed talent at the younger ages and was not an aggregator?
      OW is THE aggregator- don't take that away from us! I cry foul.

Comment

"The aggregator" seems like a title that would be earned through the active recruitment of players. In Oakwood's case, this hardly seems true. Instead, top players seek them out.

Wonder why that is? Oh wait, no I don't.

Comment

OW will drum out 50% of your u12 team by u14. It literally happens every year.

Puberty and genetics kick in and the kids who were the best at u11 now can’t can hang in fast moving games on bigger fields. Both kids of mine went through the program and the team picture from u11 looks nothing like the u17 team. Huge turnover and mostly not by choice.

Also seen staff (LA when she was there) totally make mistakes on kids. There are D1 players that were cut early on as well early blooming kids that now sit on the bench as juniors and seniors in high school.

Ow is a great training ground but you cannot outrun genetics. If they don’t have the speed and physicality when older they are easily replaced

Good programs attract talent. I’m not sure why people knock OW and CFC for aggregating talent. This is what top clubs do.

Comment

OW will drum out 50% of your u12 team by u14. It literally happens every year.

Puberty and genetics kick in and the kids who were the best at u11 now can’t can hang in fast moving games on bigger fields. Both kids of mine went through the program and the team picture from u11 looks nothing like the u17 team. Huge turnover and mostly not by choice.

Also seen staff (LA when she was there) totally make mistakes on kids. There are D1 players that were cut early on as well early blooming kids that now sit on the bench as juniors and seniors in high school.

Ow is a great training ground but you cannot outrun genetics. If they don’t have the speed and physicality when older they are easily replaced

Good programs attract talent. I’m not sure why people knock OW and CFC for aggregating talent. This is what top clubs do.
            Not bad, but being a DI player is not an indicator of being a good soccer player. DI is about athleticism for the most part.

Comment

NEFC has the best talent in MA....so, like CT, best players choosing DA at the early ages.
              yes, because there is great players at OW at younger ages. You people are pathetic. Just like smug d1ckw@d OW coaches and parents

Comment

2007 Girls Thread

Clarkstown v. PDA in the game of fall on Sunday.
                Interesting game what league is it in?

Comment

Interesting game what league is it in?
                  Saturday morning. EDP North Atlantic Premier I

Comment

yes, because there is great players at OW at younger ages. You people are pathetic. Just like smug d1ckw@d OW coaches and parents
                    We’re called “winners”. You wouldn’t know.

Comment

Yeah. You certainly look like a bunch of winners.

Comment

As they say “ you don’t know what you don’t know”

Enjoy u13 Dad. Reality sets in soon

Comment

We’re called “whiners”. You wouldn’t know.
                          That's more like it

Comment

As they say “ you don’t know what you don’t know”

Enjoy u13 Dad. Reality sets in soon
                            Just because your girl got cut doesn’t mean you have to be such a pessimist

Comment

Heard FSA beat up on scorpions today across the board.

Comment

Heard FSA beat up on scorpions today across the board.
                                Here’s a newsflash for you. “scorpians” aka FC Boston is terrible

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X