Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All that talent??? Westhill are an average team with one player who is a top player in the conference. That is all they are.....mediocre.
    Agreed. Other one is good but not great and is a dirty player too.

Comment

I hate to say it but the 2 D1 commits are overrated; they do not make their teammates better. It was much easier for them 2 years ago when they played with a true playmaker who made them look better.
      Agree. That girl was a standout.

Comment

It’s amazing how jaded people are on this site. I don’t know the two girls mentioned, have never seen them play, so can’t comment specifically on people knocking their talent. The sad part is that anonymous men come on here and belittle accomplishments of any CT players. Look, the two being discussed on here are commits to D1 programs. Any idea how difficult that is regardless of whether the schools in question are “top D1” or “low level D1”? It’s an outstanding accomplishment to play in college period. Please people, get a grip on reality. The two Westhill players must be outstanding players, I’d say the programs they’ve committed to agree. Stop the hating, celebrate all of our CT players.

Comment

It’s amazing how jaded people are on this site. I don’t know the two girls mentioned, have never seen them play, so can’t comment specifically on people knocking their talent. The sad part is that anonymous men come on here and belittle accomplishments of any CT players. Look, the two being discussed on here are commits to D1 programs. Any idea how difficult that is regardless of whether the schools in question are “top D1” or “low level D1”? It’s an outstanding accomplishment to play in college period. Please people, get a grip on reality. The two Westhill players must be outstanding players, I’d say the programs they’ve committed to agree. Stop the hating, celebrate all of our CT players.
          Calls for decency will fall on deaf ears. You may as well shout it into a hurricane.

Comment

not as hard as you think. I have seen kids walk on to 3rd rate D1 programs. Not saying they are getting money nor playing time, but just being on a D1 team means little.

Now if you are talking about a top tier program or being an impact player, then I would be the first to agree with you.

I watched a certain westhill player when my youngest was playing that was big, skilled and had an edge. She had some issues and ended up only playing D2 (I think for only a year). Pure talent, she was a D1 player, but unfortunately couldn't get the rest of the package together. My point is, there are D1 talents playing on D2 and D3 or even not playing and there are kids who are lessor talents then them on D1 teams. That said, I dont know the 2 current westhill players so I have no comment on whether or not they are quality D1 talents.

Comment

You've never seen them play and don't know what programs they've committed to but because they're committed to D1 that means they're top players and can salvage a mediocre team? There's a cliff between top D1 soccer (to which CT sends very few players to), mid level and bottom. Add to that getting on a roster is only part of the battle. Plenty of players fizzle out in college. Are they be better than average? Absolutely. But they're not miracle workers.

Comment

Big FCIAC matchups today

Trumbull vs ludlowe
                Warde vs westhill
                Wilton vs st joes

Other games are very predictable and should be blowouts

Comment

Big FCIAC matchups today

Trumbull vs ludlowe Trumbull -2
                  Warde vs westhill Warde -2
                  Wilton vs st joes St. Joes -1.5

Other games are very predictable and should be blowouts
                  See above

Comment

See above
                    I’ll take Ludlowe and the points. But the other two are woefully understated in terms of spread so I’ll take Warde and STJ and give the points.

Comment

The people knocking them are Probably the parent of a player who lost a spot to the 2 Westhill girls on the club they play for. Just saying.

Comment

I’ll take Ludlowe and the points. But the other two are woefully understated in terms of spread so I’ll take Warde and STJ and give the points.
                        Trumbull 1 - FFld Ludlowe 0
                        Warde 2 - Westhill 2
                        St Joes 3 - Darien 1

Comment

Trumbull 1 - FFld Ludlowe 0
                          Warde 2 - Westhill 2
                          St Joes 3 - Darien 1
                          stjs wilton not darien

Comment

The people knocking them are Probably the parent of a player who lost a spot to the 2 Westhill girls on the club they play for. Just saying.
                            ok Frank

Comment

Tuesdays key matches

Danbury @ St. Joseph (-4)
                              Trumbull @ New Canaan (even)
                              Brien McMahon @ Ridgefield (-0.5)
                              Greenwich @ Staples (-2)
                              Wilton @ Fairfield Warde (-1)

Comment

Here are the standings so far:

1. Ridgefield (18)
                                2. St. Joes (16)
                                3. Staples (15)
                                3. New Canaan (15)
                                5. Darien (13)
                                5. McMahon (13)
                                7. Trumbull (12)
                                8. Ludlowe (10)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X