Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    only cute ones like you who send out the bat signal.
    you could only wish to pirate my hole, mo

Comment

The problem is it can be very arbitrary. When you have a clear stud, it is right for them to get some opportunity to be challenged more. Unfortunately what I have seen is that coaches will select favorites based on a million reasons. The kid is someone they brought into the club, or the kid's dad is on the board, or they have an older sibling at the club. Then the back channel parent begging.

If it was a case where clear top kid was getting extra that would be one thing but it is often just connected BS, which makes parents crazy.

Or the son plays on the team or best friends son etc. CB from FSA classic example

Comment

So...not the OP. First year at new club, kid is U-little (U-10). Its only 2 games into the season but so far, she has gotten 18 mins playing time in the first game and 16 mins playing time in 2nd game. 11 kids on roster so not a huge team. Question is how long do you wait before you address this with the coach?
        I would be thrilled if my kid got that time. U11 and my kid got in once each half. I would estimate total paying time of 8 minutes max. This is insane. I ask if the coach says anything in particular and its play hard or harder. I admit my kid is lax at times but for a 10 year old this is nuts and it’s beating the confidence down big time. Trying to think of how to approach without making things more stressful for kid. Not sure if I should ask for release after fall. Winter tryout other places... It’s all play to win. We generally tie since a few kids who barely get out are tired out by the end of the game. Whole situation sucks.

Comment

I would be thrilled if my kid got that time. U11 and my kid got in once each half. I would estimate total paying time of 8 minutes max. This is insane. I ask if the coach says anything in particular and its play hard or harder. I admit my kid is lax at times but for a 10 year old this is nuts and it’s beating the confidence down big time. Trying to think of how to approach without making things more stressful for kid. Not sure if I should ask for release after fall. Winter tryout other places... It’s all play to win. We generally tie since a few kids who barely get out are tired out by the end of the game. Whole situation sucks.
          that shouldn't be happening. is it a club thing? is there an opportunity to drop down to a "B" team to get more time? is the kid attending all practices (some coaches will reflect game time with practice commitment)?

first step is to approach coach mid-week and express concerns. take it from there (to the DOC if you feel answers were unsatisfactory).

(while I'm not doubting you, also make sure it's really 8 minutes out of I assume 60. always seems longer when kids aren't in the game and shorter when they're in. I could've sworn my d played 10 mins of 30 in a half and re-watched a buddies iphone video and it was spot on 15 of 30).

Comment

To be honest if this is happening at your club at 10 years old, it would be better to just get out now. Still very early in your kids development where can go somewhere else and enjoy playing. If you stay at your club, you're just taking the risk that it will get better, which it might, but also might face your kid hating it and wanting to quit overall. Can't put a price on happiness.

I would ask if its possible to get extra practices in, even if its with a younger team or older team, even if you plan on leaving do it. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how we perceive our kids as players, so if you can show the coaches your kid is serious in wanting to get better by their standards, more practice would do it. You cannot get worse if you practice more, and this will help you out if you are trying to find another team as well, to be prepared to join a new club.

If the desire is to leave, definitely inquire with other clubs sooner than later, most will ask you to just come to a practice with the team, and will make a decision based off of that. Find a club that fits your needs, development first seems like something you're looking for, not only wins, ask about playing time so the same situation doesn't happen again if you do leave.

Good luck in whatever you decide, never fun to see your little one down.

Comment

get out now. lots of good people in the sport despite what is written on the board. everyone has to play a ton at this age.

Comment

If you can't get good answers, its time to look elsewhere. It stinks, but your kid was good enough for them to take your money but not good enough to play. Long term, play to win philosophy is going to back fire and its not doing anything to develop your kid.

Comment

get out now. lots of good people in the sport despite what is written on the board. everyone has to play a ton at this age.
                  I'm sorry to hear this - obvious answer is to hit the exits AND let other soccer parents know the score so they avoid the place too. I can make a guess which club this is.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this - obvious answer is to hit the exits AND let other soccer parents know the score so they avoid the place too. I can make a guess which club this is.
                    Could be any club as so many clubs have team pholosophies that vary greatly with each and every coach.

Comment

My kid is on a ulittles team at FSA and getting about the same playing time, goes in once per half and gets pulled out before the others who went in at the same time. Probably playing a total of ten minutes per fame. Meanwhile the coach has the same nonproductive kids in doing nothing special. I don’t get it. Like someone said, good enough at tryouts and to take our cash, but not good enough to play. We’re out after finishing off the year since it’s practically paid for.

Comment

My kid is on a ulittles team at FSA and getting about the same playing time, goes in once per half and gets pulled out before the others who went in at the same time. Probably playing a total of ten minutes per fame. Meanwhile the coach has the same nonproductive kids in doing nothing special. I don’t get it. Like someone said, good enough at tryouts and to take our cash, but not good enough to play. We’re out after finishing off the year since it’s practically paid for.
                        I'm very surprised to hear that's happening at FSA. They are usually pretty good with the PT. Even the non-starters get 15 minutes or so per half in an 80 minute game. Not sure what the equivalent PT would be for shorter matches. What age is your kid and how long is the game?

Comment

I'm very surprised to hear that's happening at FSA. They are usually pretty good with the PT. Even the non-starters get 15 minutes or so per half in an 80 minute game. Not sure what the equivalent PT would be for shorter matches. What age is your kid and how long is the game?
                          15 minutes “or so”- that’s the FSA way. 15 minutes is actually probably 8

Comment

No, no they're not. FSA is well known for playing the kids who will help them win.

Comment

That guy is a troll. Has been claiming he's part of FSA for years. If you're with FSA you know that doesn't happen.

Comment

All players should play 1/2 a game up until at least u13. If they don't, then...........

#1. The coach wants to win too badly
                                #2. The coach is being instructed by club leaders he/she has to try to win at all costs
                                #3. The coach/club isn't prioritizing player development
                                #4. Parents haven't spoken up

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X