Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Watched my daughter's DA games and watched her HS play the same week. There is no comparison. HS soccer is rarely competitive and I'm guessing the DA girls are gaining a development advantage by foregoing HS. HS soccer is similar to mid-tier OYSA.
    Development is a complicated thing and one size doesn't fit all. I would argue that more development happens in HS soccer particularly in the younger ages. Good players play with older more physical kids. Individual speed can very. My daughter is a forward and Freshman year HS Soccer was a tremendous growth year for her. Learning to be physical on ball and play and different speeds was a good thing. To each their own.

Comment

High school last week we had over 300 people in attendance. The student section was having fun. The girls loved getting showered with attention.

DA games get two parents and a stray dog show up.

To each their own.
      Nobody said GDA was better, it’s supposed to be a little cheaper.

Comment

High School soccer is free

Comment

High school last week we had over 300 people in attendance. The student section was having fun. The girls loved getting showered with attention.

To each their own.
          It could be worse, play for CU or FC fly across the country have no fans and worst of all no opponent to play due to weather.

Great point.

Comment

To each their own.
            The best players know HS is not the platform for them, HS glory days are cherished once in lifetime moments for HS level female players.

If the shoe fits...

Comment

Development is a complicated thing and one size doesn't fit all. I would argue that more development happens in HS soccer particularly in the younger ages. Good players play with older more physical kids. Individual speed can very. My daughter is a forward and Freshman year HS Soccer was a tremendous growth year for her. Learning to be physical on ball and play and different speeds was a good thing. To each their own.
              To each their own. Pros and cons to each league. One size doesn’t fit all so pick the best fit and enjoy. Let others enjoy their choices and rooting for Oregon girls in all three leagues. Quit whining and be happy if you can find any team where your dd is happy.

Comment

HS teaches you it's possible to play really slow, and get whacked at the same time. It's like Dodging cars on a slow highway, crowds love that in America. Crash Derby.

Comment

High School soccer is free
                  High school soccer is not free. It costs $225 to play high school soccer, or any sport, at least in the Beaverton School District.

Comment

It's close to four grand a year now. That isn't cheap.

Comment

HS teaches you it's possible to play really slow, and get whacked at the same time. It's like Dodging cars on a slow highway, crowds love that in America. Crash Derby.
                      I have been to many ECNL and DA games. It is not all that pretty either and neither is the game at most colleges.

If you can't learn to protect yourself in HS then how do you learn to protect yourself in college where the players will be bigger, stronger, and faster.

The only time club soccer looks great is when you are playing against a slower and less skilled team who doesn't want to play physical

Comment

High school soccer is not free. It costs $225 to play high school soccer, or any sport, at least in the Beaverton School District.
                        That is a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else available.

Beaverton school district also has scholarships available if $225 is a hardship.

Comment

That is a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else available.

Beaverton school district also has scholarships available if $225 is a hardship.
                          It's hardly even two months long.

Comment

Did they ever fill rosters?

Comment

Did they ever fill rosters?
                              Why do you even care? If you aren’t signing up it is none of your concern.

Comment

Why do you even care? If you aren’t signing up it is none of your concern.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X