X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boys side is aweful this year
    Nashua South boys shut out Pinkerton 1-0 this evening.

Comment

Are you nuts, in our game they could not string together a single pass. You are clueless!
      Sure.

Practice with junior and maybe next year he will get more playing time.

Comment

I have no dog in this hunt but my curiosity led me to look up the record of Pinkerton. 1st, they are 4-2 in D1. Their 2 losses came against 2 of the better teams in D1. They can't be that bad with 21GF and 4 GA. Sounds like little Joey didn't make the team because he sucked and this forum is his only recourse. That is all.

Comment

I am fairly certain you are a bitter parent in the community. My son played against Pinkerton this year. They are a very well-coached team. Arguably the coach is the best part of that team. I intentionally chatted with him after the game to congratulate him on how he coaches. Seems like a very good man also.
          This is a coach who is in the NHSCA Hall of Fame, has served in several capacities on state boards, is one of the most successful coaches in NH boys HS soccer and is a TOTAL class act in the community!!! My kids both played against Pinkerton teams (2011 - 2016) and that program is one of the most consistent and well coached programs in NH.

The poster crying out against Pinkerton HAS to be a parent of a kid who rides the bench.

Comment

Almost scared to ask but how is PA on the girls side? I live in a neighboring town and just find it interesting that for such a large school, we don't hear much. I don't think Derry is a soccer powerhouse in general, but with several other towns attending Pinkerton, i would they would have plenty to choose from.

I was surprised to read the garbage about the boys coach here. Thought he was highly regarded.

Comment

The boys coach at Pinkerton’s resume speaks for itself. Regarding the Pinkerton girls side they are top 8 or so. Tremendous keeper (multiple time all state honors) and their back line is excellent as well made up of mostly underclass men. They struggled to score last year and it hurt them and in looking at their game scores as well as talking with a few parents it is the same if not slightly worse this year in terms of scoring.

Almost scared to ask but how is PA on the girls side? I live in a neighboring town and just find it interesting that for such a large school, we don't hear much. I don't think Derry is a soccer powerhouse in general, but with several other towns attending Pinkerton, i would they would have plenty to choose from.

I was surprised to read the garbage about the boys coach here. Thought he was highly regarded.

Comment

Pinkerton girls have won two of the last three titles. I think they were bounced out in the quarters last year. Due to their size I think they will always be among the top 6 or 8 teams every year.

Comment

By reading the DA thread, anyone on here this is not a parent that has an informed opinion about any of these players and teams mentioned herein needs to have the police called on them.

Comment

By reading the DA thread, anyone on here this is not a parent that has an informed opinion about any of these players and teams mentioned herein needs to have the police called on them.
                    One of the most incomprehensible sentences I've ever read here. And that's saying something.

Comment

Different poster...Not exactly exclusive...coaches and teams know the other teams in the state. I don't think it is any big secret this year that South should be decent. They are not top 5 like Concord but still respectable. And looking at the scores on NHIAA makes it a little difficult to assess. That being said, South dominated the first half and look like a team that know how to play at the very least (and starting center back still out as she was on the bench). Concord wasn't playing with lack of energy in my mind, they were just being outplayed. Second half Concord got some rhythm and took over the game. GD is a force. That made South tired and in survival mode even being up goals. Overtime was relatively even.

Concord will be top 5 for sure (along with Londonderry, Exeter, Central, and Bedford). South needs to win those games they dominate against weaker teams or it is going to be a long year. They are good enough to be top 7 but just dug a big hole for themselves.
                      NHIAA website says South girls were away at Winnacunnet on 9/21 and won 2-1, so perhaps this poster is correct and South should be decent this year.

Comment

Pinkerton girls have won two of the last three titles. I think they were bounced out in the quarters last year. Due to their size I think they will always be among the top 6 or 8 teams every year.
                        PA ended Lononderry's undefeated streak yesterday in double overtime. Agree that they seem to be struggling to score, which is stopping them from dominating. Otherwise, strong team.

Comment

The boys coach at Pinkerton’s resume speaks for itself. Regarding the Pinkerton girls side they are top 8 or so. Tremendous keeper (multiple time all state honors) and their back line is excellent as well made up of mostly underclass men. They struggled to score last year and it hurt them and in looking at their game scores as well as talking with a few parents it is the same if not slightly worse this year in terms of scoring.
                          I think it's creepy you know the players on this team. Unless you are a parent of a player, that's creepy.

Comment

Believe Londonderry graduated both their lead striker and defender, so agree that it would be difficult for them to beat the likes of Bedford, Exeter, Central.

Portsmouth lost one of their top players (if not the top player) to Prep School which will only make their transition to D1 that much more of a challenge.

Unless you are a parent of a player, it's creepy you know so much about these players.

Comment

Checking scores it looks like Bow made an impressive statement against Oyster River. Thought Oyster River had a good squad going into the season so that makes the final score interesting.

Londonderry crushed Memorial. They have gifted players and should be tough to beat this year.
                              Unless you are a parent of a player, it's creepy you know so much about these players.

Comment

I agree with Londonderry. I hear there are 3 girls with D1 college potential if they haven't already committed. I don't think there is another team that can compete with that much talent. Even without a bench.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X