Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So does anyone actually know what happened at the meeting last night? Parent reactions?
    Same as any elitist ran club they blew smoke up are Arse and tried to paint the rainbows. but it all came across as arrogant garbage spewing from a not so impressive individual. We will see what happens many of the parents are already making new plans.

Comment

Same as any elitist ran club they blew smoke up are Arse and tried to paint the rainbows. but it all came across as arrogant garbage spewing from a not so impressive individual. We will see what happens many of the parents are already making new plans.

big question... do kids have to go to school there or can they be DA and stay where they currently go to school. that could be the deal breaker for some...

Comment

This is absolutely the very best thing for OCDA - I was at the meeting last night...things will be changing for the better and I really appreciated the Headmaster's speech along with the director's passion as you can obviously see why they have been successful at Mv. I believe Orlando City have got this one 100% right and I look forward to watching this thing unfold.
        oh so you did not leave feeling that what the hell? they talked down the whole DA system and why the hell would you try so hard to get a program you think is shart. the talked about leaving your EGO at the door and that is all I saw from them.

Comment

my son is on DA and the words they are using is "tryouts" . so you can spin it however you want but that's what they were told...
          I was there last night and you must of had ear plug in because they said tryout for all in May and June.

Comment

NOT CORRECT! they are evaluating what they have. MV could only add 5 new roster players per team, but come June there will be big change.
            love it! Change is always good. Especially since current OC youth management has had 4-5 years and still couldn't get it right. The best and most successful years were 2012/13 when they initially recruited the best players from Rush and FCA teams . After that the good old boys network mandated to promote within and not to take back anyone that had left. They are the main reason why good coaches and directors never lasted more than a year. Well that didn't work out. This year OC started showing their weakest teams ever(made up of mainly their favorite$ from 5 years ago ).

Comment

big question... do kids have to go to school there or can they be DA and stay where they currently go to school. that could be the deal breaker for some...
              not a requirement but you still have to maintain a 2.5 GPA. This will be interesting to say the least

Comment

funny...reading all of the comments from parents on this thread is exactly what they spoke about last night as being a major problem - all negative and nothing good to say. All I see here is complaining and nonsense...exactly what will be cleaned up with this move to Mv. BRAVO OC for taking this step. Those of you who have nothing good to say I'm sure will find yourselves somewhere else as you obviously do not understand what this means and it will only hurt your kid. I love this change

Comment

OCB out for 2018

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/orlando...18-usl-season/

Comment

funny...reading all of the comments from parents on this thread is exactly what they spoke about last night as being a major problem - all negative and nothing good to say. All I see here is complaining and nonsense...exactly what will be cleaned up with this move to Mv. BRAVO OC for taking this step. Those of you who have nothing good to say I'm sure will find yourselves somewhere else as you obviously do not understand what this means and it will only hurt your kid. I love this change
                    you love it till may/June. Unless you are MV insider lol.

Comment

What would have been bravo would of been OC actually caring about the program hiring the right people and building a residential facility next to the New training center that is not currently being built.

Comment

YOU are the problem if you walked away from the meeting last night with that impression - this is what a DA program should be

Comment

What would have been bravo would of been OC actually caring about the program hiring the right people and building a residential facility next to the New training center that is not currently being built.
                          are you going to pay for it?

Comment

It was made very clear - kids can go to school wherever they want. They do not have to go to MV

Comment

what is arrogant garbage is what you just wrote

Comment

Yes , that would be true , but for some reason they couldn't hold a director for more than 6-12 months at a time. Its not about the facilities. Its about getting rid of the current system that has never worked. Bet it will be much better now that the inside politics will be gone. Of course there will always be politics , but you see there were a couple of guys that made it way too obvious and burned too many bridges with better talent that decided to never consider or reconsider playing for OC ; like a cancer they dug what is now the OCDA too deep to get out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X