Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LM Scooped Again: US YOUTH SOCCER ANNOUNCES NEW LEAGUES STRUCTURE - THE US YOUTH SOCC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL is U13-U18 (6 age groups) with "Pre-ECNL" starting at U12, so really more like 7. With all due respect, as a club the Susa NPL teams are significantly stronger than the Alby or EM teams are or ever were. Most (not all) Susa NPL teams are playing in top flights in top tournaments that EM NPL teams aren't even getting accepted to, winning their conference and doing well in the NPL National tournament. And the Alby NPL teams were very weak last year, I can only imagine how much worse they have gotten since the introduction of GDA.

Bottom line is GDA has indeed shifted things on the girls side. Does that mean every team that isn't GDA or ECNL should close up shop? Of course not. It just means that it now becomes that much harder for kids who don't play in those leagues, to get in front of college coaches. It used to be if you were a good player on a mid-level or above Region 1, NPL or EDP team, you had a decent shot at getting recruited. Now it's going to take a little more...have to be on a top team in one of those leagues, attend more college ID camps and hopefully have something else that identifies you as a "better" player I.E.-NTC participation, Regional ODP, ID2 or even high level HS accolades like All State or League/conference MVP or something.

Oh yes. How could I forget Pre ECNL for the 11 year olds!!!!!
    Let’s see why are SUSAs NPL stronger then Alby or EM NPL teams?
    Could it be that the Alby and EM stronger players are in ECNL? Just maybe lol
    And for Alby most and EM some of their stronger players went to DA so their ECNL teams are weaker
    Let’s see how strong SUSAs NPL teams are next year.
    If the player is good they will get seen. Period.......
    Also top tournaments are DA showcases and ECNL ones.

Comment

Funny- posted that KK is no longer relevant and are in complete free fall yet Larry Miller would not post it. Maybe he should just take a look at the standings the club is a messs and with Susa getting ecnl they will have no choice but to either merge or just fold
      KK can only fill rosters at this point by having most kids double up and play on multiple teams every weekend. They still have some talent but no depth whatsoever.

Comment

Oh yes. How could I forget Pre ECNL for the 11 year olds!!!!!
        Let’s see why are SUSAs NPL stronger then Alby or EM NPL teams?
        Could it be that the Alby and EM stronger players are in ECNL? Just maybe lol
        And for Alby most and EM some of their stronger players went to DA so their ECNL teams are weaker
        Let’s see how strong SUSAs NPL teams are next year.
        If the player is good they will get seen. Period.......
        Also top tournaments are DA showcases and ECNL ones.
        I'm not sure why you're getting so riled up. You ask "why are Susa NPL teams stronger" than Alby's or EM's, that's not my opinion, it's an easily verifiable fact. Susa has a National NPL champion team, a National NPL championship finalist team and semi-finalist team...where, in the same age groups Alby and EM are at the bottom of their NPL conferences. Same goes for the age group that Susa has a National cup finalist.
        In top "mixed" tournaments, like Jefferson cup-Susa is finishing as a finalist in the top flight where EM's NPL teams aren't even getting accepted to the tournament. Susa has teams in the top "mixed" flights at PDA and they are winning it, Alby and EM's NPL teams are several flights down and barely breaking even. And in the rare head to head competition, it's no contest.

Now to be fair, of course the top players at Alby are playing DA and the top EM players are already playing ECNL, but that's only solidifying my original statement that said Susa NPL is stronger than Alby or EM NPL. It's basically a comparison of a club's top teams and another's B teams.

I also said that a good player will be seen regardless of their league, they're just going to have to work a little harder if they don't play in a league that's frequently "shopped". But if you honestly believe that the best player on a low level team that's in the bottom bracket at NEWWS and has not participated in any type of identification program like NTC, Regional ODP or id2 and hasn't gone to a school's ID camp, is going to have the same recruiting opportunity as a kid who is playing GDA or ECNL, you're delusional.

I also don't get the whole "let's see how strong Susa's NPL teams are next year". If you mean, once they start playing ECNL-I don't think anyone thinks they're going to light the world on fire in ECNL. They have a strong base and will probably add some strong players during tryouts and will most likely (based on games played against ECNL teams in "mixed" tournaments) hold their own, so to speak.

Like I said, not sure why you're all riled up. Having a new, fresh option on Long Island for ECNL, especially one based in Suffolk is a good thing.

Comment

More quality clubs going to EDP National Conference - Kk Atletico, Surf, Lake Grove......etc...

https://www.edpsoccer.com/usyouthsoc...committedclubs

More clubs headed to EDP National League....SUSA and STA

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...eid=29d8b3c91b

I have to say if these two teams leave NPL the NYCSL NPL is on the way out...

Comment

More clubs headed to EDP National League....SUSA and STA

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...eid=29d8b3c91b

I have to say if these two teams leave NPL the NYCSL NPL is on the way out...
            Now that Susa is ECNL, they have to field a team in NE NPL whose schedule mirrors the ECNL schedule. That's how ECNL works...

I'm seeing all these announcements about clubs joining EDP's National League, but most of these clubs have had teams in EDP for years, I don't get why it's "news". It's the same set up that USYS has always had, they just handed the management of it over to EDP. It kind of makes me laugh to see/hear-"Elite Development Program"...that must be recent. For the longest time, EDP stood for Eastern Development Program, lol. Guess ya gotta keep
            Up with the Joneses!

Comment

Now that Susa is ECNL, they have to field a team in NE NPL whose schedule mirrors the ECNL schedule. That's how ECNL works...

I'm seeing all these announcements about clubs joining EDP's National League, but most of these clubs have had teams in EDP for years, I don't get why it's "news". It's the same set up that USYS has always had, they just handed the management of it over to EDP. It kind of makes me laugh to see/hear-"Elite Development Program"...that must be recent. For the longest time, EDP stood for Eastern Development Program, lol. Guess ya gotta keep
              Up with the Joneses!
              SUSA said they would be in NPL next year, but were discussing with US Club Soccer to determine if it should be NE Girls or NYCSL.

Comment

SUSA said they would be in NPL next year, but were discussing with US Club Soccer to determine if it should be NE Girls or NYCSL.
                Once you opt for ECNL there is no turnung back they will be NE not NYCSL, it is just the way it works with ECNL.

Comment

Up with the Joneses!
                  What makes this a big announcement is that all teams that play in any edp league will use USYSA passes not US club passes. Which also means EDP is choosing the National League platform as their top choice and not the US Club NPL.

Comment

What makes this a big announcement is that all teams that play in any edp league will use USYSA passes not US club passes. Which also means EDP is choosing the National League platform as their top choice and not the US Club NPL.
                    I get all that, it's the big announcement of clubs "joining" EDP. All of these clubs already have teams in EDP, so now they'll just be carded through USYS. Big whoop!

If anything, usys just shot themselves in the foot. The current USYS "National League" is very prestigious, with only the top teams in USYS competing in it. It was a great league for top individual teams in clubs that didn't have GDA or ECNL badges to compete. Now it's for clubs' C teams.

Comment

I get all that, it's the big announcement of clubs "joining" EDP. All of these clubs already have teams in EDP, so now they'll just be carded through USYS. Big whoop!

If anything, usys just shot themselves in the foot. The current USYS "National League" is very prestigious, with only the top teams in USYS competing in it. It was a great league for top individual teams in clubs that didn't have GDA or ECNL badges to compete. Now it's for clubs' C teams.
                      The fact that they broke Region 1 up into four separate conferences is a biggie for us. It's much more manageable travel, making it a lot more of an option for our teams.

Comment

It's also tryout time - news is news, the announcement clarifies the structure, who is in/out so families and clubs know what is going on for next year.

Comment

Up with the Joneses!
                          Not entirely - there are a few differences. NE NPL has 12 teams, ECNL 13. That said it would be mostly likely that SUSA entered the NE NPL if they're fielding an NPL team

All the same: FC Stars, East Meadow, WC, FSA, Continental, FC Bucks, Albertson, CFC, Match Fit

PDA: two NPL teams (North, South) only one ECNL team

Scorpions: NPL only

ECNL only Maryland United, Bethesda and FC Boston

Comment

Not entirely - there are a few differences. NE NPL has 12 teams, ECNL 13. That said it would be mostly likely that SUSA entered the NE NPL if they're fielding an NPL team

All the same: FC Stars, East Meadow, WC, FSA, Continental, FC Bucks, Albertson, CFC, Match Fit

PDA: two NPL teams (North, South) only one ECNL team

Scorpions: NPL only

ECNL only Maryland United, Bethesda and FC Boston
                            PDA will have two ECNL teams this year

Comment

PDA will have two ECNL teams this year
                              So will Stars, but that's a whole other saga. Not sure those ECNL B teams will last, if they even get off the ground.

Comment

So will Stars, but that's a whole other saga. Not sure those ECNL B teams will last, if they even get off the ground.
                                My guess it's a one or two year window. It's really just a way not to penalize girls who were on GDA squads and kept revenues in house

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X