Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP and RTC really struggle to find coaches. The schedule is not good. They expect you to give up holiday weekends for meaningless games. You take what you can get.
    Memorial Day, Thanksgiving weekend..etc. Who wants to give up their valuable holiday weekends? I sure wouldn’t.

Comment

Memorial Day, Thanksgiving weekend..etc. Who wants to give up their valuable holiday weekends? I sure wouldn’t.
      Coach without any kid on the team sure, if this is a parent and you have a kid that is really interested and wants extra touches/opportunities/a different coach's input and you have that attitude you are a selfish ass. Support your kids and make it a family opportunity to bond and add a few days on the back end since you seem to need your ME time.....

Comment

Coach without any kid on the team sure, if this is a parent and you have a kid that is really interested and wants extra touches/opportunities/a different coach's input and you have that attitude you are a selfish ass. Support your kids and make it a family opportunity to bond and add a few days on the back end since you seem to need your ME time.....
        The kids and families all complain about the moronic thanksgiving event. Coaches don’t want to be away from family either. Don’t get me started about losing Memorial Day and spring break for no fun events.

Comment

The kids and families all complain about the moronic thanksgiving event. Coaches don’t want to be away from family either. Don’t get me started about losing Memorial Day and spring break for no fun events.
          Giving up holiday weekends for the chance to play soccer is a small sacrifice.

Comment

What family's choose to prioritize isn't your decision. Soccer is a activity much like many others. Life isn't a one size fits all.. Chill please

Comment

What family's choose to prioritize isn't your decision. Soccer is a activity much like many others. Life isn't a one size fits all.. Chill please
              Dilly,Dilly

Comment

So enlighten us as to how you spend this valuable time.

Comment

So enlighten us as to how you spend this valuable time.
                  Going to boring tournaments on holiday weekends is way better than camping, rafting, biking, going to the coast, Bend, Europe, Jamaica. It’s way better than spending time with family.

Comment

Going to boring tournaments on holiday weekends is way better than camping, rafting, biking, going to the coast, Bend, Europe, Jamaica. It’s way better than spending time with family.
                    Classy! I love it when parents try to tell me how to raise my kids.

Comment

Classy! I love it when parents try to tell me how to raise my kids.
                      Maybe you are doing it all wrong. Maybe people are too polite to tell you.

If that is the case, I’m very sorry.

Comment

That is probably why they have such a difficult time getting good coaches and players?

Comment

That is probably why they have such a difficult time getting good coaches and players?
                          A long time ago they could get better coaches. Not sure all the reasons why they struggle now. The games scheduled on holiday weekends sure doesn't help.

Comment

A long time ago they could get better coaches. Not sure all the reasons why they struggle now. The games scheduled on holiday weekends sure doesn't help.
                            So you know how they require you to respond your availability for the Eugene weekend? My response was no, we will be out of town. I said, "besides the coaches have been working with these kids for over six months, they should already know who they will pick. They should choose regardless of who's available for the weekend. The response was that it's a very popular event and will not be changing.

Comment

I never understood them having all their events on holiday weekends.

Comment

I never understood them having all their events on holiday weekends.
                                Maybe they get a better deal on the venue since nobody else wants those weekends?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X